Chapter 8 - Meeting Endeavour goes Horribly Wrong

The next day I got to home room early

The next day I got to home room early. Uraraka was sitting at her desk chatting to Atsui and midoriya when she saw me and waved me over.

"Good morning." I said sheepishly as I dropped my bag on my desk.

"You don't have to be so shy around us Idina. We're all classmates." Atsui mentioned.
(Atsui - Hero Name: Froppy)

"I know... I'm getting there" I replied meekly.

"Yeah you will! You've already come out of your shell so much in just a few weeks. You're doing great!" Uraraka was such a sweet, encouraging person. I was grateful to have her in my class.

"Hmmph. I prefer her as a mute." Bakugo snorted as he made his way to his desk.

"Ignore him!" Midoriya said nervously. "He really doesn't mean that."

"Yes I do!" Bakugo called out.

Gulp. He still hates me. Great.

"Why do you have to be so mean Bakugo? You could really hurt someone's feelings!" Uraraka objected.

"What makes you think I care?" He snarled back.

Uraraka let out an exasperated sigh while Midoriya gave me a small, awkward smile.

Shoto walked in then with his same blank expression. I felt my chest tighten and the butterflies from last night started dancing around.

"Good morning." He murmured as he manoeuvred past our classmates to get to his desk.

"Todoroki, you just got here before the bell!" Ida called.

"Yeah, I was with my dad at the office." He said in his usual blank tone.

"Endeavour's here?" Midoriya asked. "Oh wow. What for?"

Shoto shrugged.

"Something to do with Mr Principal." His eyes then found mine.

"You still wanna see him after school?" He asked.

"Oh, right..." I muttered nervously. "About that... my dad said he wants me to go straight to the library to study. He's been a bit intense about it lately... maybe another time?" I hoped I hid the disappointment in my voice.

"That's all good. Another time." He replied with a shrug.

"There's a carnival coming up in a few weeks. You wanna go together?" He asked. He refused to meet my eyes as his fingers picked at the paint on his desk. Was he... nervous? I tried to bite back my smile but the reality was I was ecstatic.

"Um... yeah sure." I replied trying to keep my cool.

"Oh right the carnival! We should all go!" Uraraka exclaimed. Shoto's head shot up. He looked disappointed.

"Actually I was thinking it could be just the two of us." His voice was quiet.

"Oh!" Uraraka gasped. "Like a date?!" She bounced on her seat with barely contained excitement.