Chapter 21 - A Date?

"What do you want to do first?" Bakugo looked uncomfortable, as if he'd rather be anywhere but here

"What do you want to do first?" Bakugo looked uncomfortable, as if he'd rather be anywhere but here. And yet here he stood. His brows pulled together in his typical scowl as he looked around.

"The ring toss." I said with absolute certainty. He groaned.

"I feel like a child being here." He grumbled as we approached the girl behind the ring toss station.

"Then let's be children together." I grinned. He rolled his eyes. He was being rather patient with me which was a first.

"Hi! How can I help you two?" The girl asked. She had pink hair and wore a friendly smile as she peered back at us.

"Can I please- " I began but was cut off.

"-one ring toss for her." Bakugo cut in, handing the girl money. I looked up at him surprised.

"Oh I can pay it's okay!" I interjected.

"Too late. Just toss the stupid rings." He growled. Though he sounded uncaring as he folded his arms like he was bored, I appreciated that he was trying to put in an effort... in his own way.

I took the rings and eyed the bottles carefully. As I did I noticed a giant, fluffy blue elephant behind the serving girl. It was huge and adorable... and I wanted it.

"I want that!" I exclaimed pointing to the elephant.

The girl smiled at me gleefully.

"To get that elephant you need 1000 points." She replied.

I only had 5 rings and that meant I'd need to get all 5 on the 200 point bottles. Game on.

I threw the first ring. BOOM! I jumped excited as it spun around the green bottle worth 200 points. One down four more to go.
I concentrated hard as the next ring spun around another bottle worth 200 points. Bakugo watched carefully as I expertly landed the rings exactly where I wanted them. I was now down to my last ring. Just one more to go... I eyed the bottle carefully as if it were my arch rival. With a deep breath I released my last ring and watched expectantly as it spun around the bottle worth 200 points.

"YES!" I screamed jumping on the spot excitedly. "YES YES YES!"

But in that moment I watched as the ring continued to spin, so much so, it spun upward before spinning off the bottle's neck and onto another next to it worth a mere 50 points.

"NO!" I screamed. "What?! It can't do that!" I sounded as if I was having a tantrum. And I was. It was simply not fair!!

"850 points! That's still a great score!" The girl beamed as she clapped happily. I gawked at my failure.

How did I lose?

"I. Want. The. Fluffy. Elephant." I said through grit teeth.