Chapter 31 - 40

Chapter 31

  When is Tobin Bell still thinking about the box office? After Lila came back to her senses, she was also amused by her wild imagination.

  And she really laughed out loud. When the people around her were still screaming, and when the plane was still shaking and bumping in the turbulence, she laughed very happily.

  "You are such an optimistic child." People sitting not far away couldn't help but be surprised when they saw her smile.

  Laila looked for a voice and saw a middle-aged man looking at her. The man didn't look kind, he could even be said to be vicious, but with a smile he was strangely relieved, turning him from "a child would be scared to the point of crying" to "a child would only be scared to see it" "The point.

  "Thank you, Mr. Tobin Bell." Laila gave him a friendly smile, not afraid of the ferocious face.

  "You know me?" Tobin Bell was even more surprised.

  "Of course, I've seen your movies. You're one of my favorite actors," Leila smiled.

  Tobin was happy: "I thought only criminals would like me. You know the characters I played were all bad guys." "

  Being able to play bad guys well is also a kind of ability, isn't it?" "

  Haha." Tobin's mood Very pleasant: "Lovely lady, you are really good at talking. But are you really not afraid?" You can still laugh on a frighteningly bumpy plane. Is this lady too brave or too nervous? ? He found that he couldn't stop wondering about this.

  Laila curled her lips: "There is an old saying in the ancient ancient country of the East: If the King of Hell wants you to die at the third watch, who dares to keep someone alive until the fifth watch? It probably means that if the God of Death wants to take your life, then you can't escape. It's open."

  "What a scary but philosophical statement." Tobin sighed with emotion.

  At this time, the plane finally stopped turbulent, and the captain's voice came over the radio, telling everyone that the turbulence had passed and that it would land safely in a while.

  Both the people on the plane and Laila felt like they were surviving a disaster. And being able to meet Tobin Bell here made her feel that her trip was worthwhile.

  Not many people may remember this name, but when it comes to Jigsaw in "Saw", many people will know who he is.

  Since 2004, every "SAW" film has brought a whirlwind of horror to audiences around the world who like horror movies, and each one has brightened people's eyes with outstanding results.

  Due to his own image, Tobin mostly played criminals and serial killers, but his most dazzling and eye-catching role is none other than Jigsaw. At least in Leila's opinion, if he hadn't been cast as Jigsaw in Saw, the film's charm would have dropped by at least 20 to 30 percent.

  "Mr. Tobin, do you have any plans to star in the near future?" Laila felt that she knew what she was going to make for the second movie.

  Tobin smiled and shook his head: "Maybe there are no criminals who need to be moved to the big screen."

  Laila was amused by him: "Then do you want to try to create a more memorable criminal with me?"

  "With you?" Tobin was stunned.

  "Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Leila Moran, and I'm a director."

  "Ah!" Tobin's eyes widened in surprise: "Leila Moran, the one who shot "The Blair Witch Project" A young director?"

  "Yes, if there is no second Blair Witch movie, it should be me." Laila smiled and joked.

  Tobin was really shocked. As an actor, even if he is not a particularly famous actor, he will definitely pay attention to the entertainment industry and the film industry.

  The most famous movie this year is not "Independence Day," which topped the global box office with more than $800 million, but "The Blair Witch Project," which was shot using an innovative mockumentary technique. It has already earned a global box office of 120 million with a cost of less than 100,000 US dollars, and it has just been released abroad. As long as it is not suddenly banned, I believe it will not be difficult to break through 150 million, or even 200 million. impossible.

  What a terrible profit ratio is this? It can be said to be the film with the highest return on investment in history.

  And not only the movie has attracted attention, but the director of the movie has gradually become familiar to the world. The 18-year-old girl almost died of illness. After recovering, she inherited a small cinema. She wrote, directed and produced her first movie, which was a miraculous success.

  The plot that can only be seen in this kind of movie actually happened in Hollywood, and it is simply more exciting than the movie.

  Tobin looked at Laila in surprise. At first, he thought the report must be exaggerated, but seeing the real person, seeing everyone else panicked and confused when encountering turbulence on the plane, she could laugh easily. Her calmness, unique mentality, and...craziness mean that she has the potential to become a famous director.

  You can't survive without being crazy. If you want to achieve something in some field, there will definitely be some abnormal people.

  "I didn't expect to meet the most popular director in Hollywood here. It's such an honor." He said with emotion.

  Laila smiled and said, "I am not a hot topic, I believe there are many people waiting to see me fall."

  Tobin thought of an article he saw in the newspaper two days ago, and he knew what she was referring to.

  "You mean the article about a director?"

  Laila shrugged: "Yeah."

  The so-called director refers to a director who has only made one successful movie in his life and has no more masterpieces.

  Not to mention, let's take Daniel Myrick, the original director of The Witch. There have been no eye-catching works since The Blair Witch Project. The reputation is not high and the quality is not good.

  In addition, there are also Richard Salafi's "Break to Bones", the pioneer of car racing movies, Leonard Custer, the director of "The Honeymooners" who had a great influence on subsequent roadkill movies, and so on.

  None of them lacked talent, and they all created impressive results at the time, but what happened later?

  It either dims or completely disappears from the audience's sight.

  I also knew that no one but Cooper could write such an article. Perhaps because he understood that the energy behind Laila was not something he could fight against, this time he did not directly attack her face to face. Instead, he chose a more tactful way to present previous cases in front of readers, allowing readers to judge Laila's subsequent performance.

  Only 18 years old; his first film was a DV movie that looked like a joke, with no tricks at all; the box office was earned entirely through hype... Can

  such a director produce another outstanding work?

  Cooper didn't express his inference, but he made it very clear at the end of his words, that is - NO!

  When Laila read this article, she also felt that Cooper had some ability. After all, the original director of The Witch has indeed faded away, and no more good works have appeared.

  What he said is right. It was only a few years later that pseudo-documentary movies were brought back to life with "The Ghost Story". There were not many successful films after that, but not many.