Chapter 911 - 920

Chapter 911 Facing the sea, spring flowers bloom.

  After finishing the video with Janet, Laila then made a phone call to her grandparents and told them what happened today.

  Contrary to Janet's point of view, the old man was very satisfied with her determination to put her career first, and he didn't care whether she got married or not. It would be better if she could remain unmarried and remain the daughter of the Moran family. Although Roy doesn't mind if their children take Moran's surname, what if their words don't turn out to be true?
  After much deliberation, it is best to keep the child at home. At worst, the eggs will be frozen, and you can just find a surrogate mother when you want a child.

  One can imagine how shocked Laila was when she heard her grandfather's "avant-garde" ideas. Even in the future, she had never thought about such a thing. At most, she would adopt one when she was older and had not found a suitable person to marry.

  After finally comforting the old man, Laila breathed a sigh of relief as if she had just finished a battle. Neither her mother nor her grandfather are easy people to deal with, and only her gentle grandmother can make her feel more relaxed.

  Putting down the phone, Laila found Roy on the balcony looking into the distance.

  "Are you angry?" She hugged him from behind.

  "No." Roy said dullly, not looking at her.

  If he is not angry, then what is? Laila didn't quite understand why he was anxious to get married. She felt that the way they usually got along was that of an old married couple. How much did it matter whether they had the certificate or not?

  It's not that she doesn't know that there is a word called "status", which many Easterners care about. She, an authentic...well, probably a half-authentic Easterner, didn't care. Does a Westerner like him need to worry about this?
  She knows that many boyfriends and girlfriends in the West have several children alive and are not yet married!
  But seeing his depressed look, she felt a little guilty, wondering if she had gone too far towards him.

  "Roy..." She wanted to tell him, but actually she was quite sure this time. It took several years to achieve the results, and it was finally time to reap the fruits.

  But this time Roy turned around and put a finger in front of her lips: "I understand, you have your ideals, so just pursue them. I, as long as you turn around, I will be there, waiting for you." "

  Actually..." His love words were indeed full marks and very touching, but that wasn't what she wanted to say.

  But she had no chance to say anything more. In order to prevent herself from hearing more words that would make her frustrated and disappointed, Roy used a trick that many men like to use to shut up a woman - kiss her.

  Well, it was because he didn't give her a chance to say it, but it wasn't because she didn't give him a chance to say it. Laila, who was dizzy from being kissed, made a small excuse in her mind before she threw herself into the kiss wholeheartedly.

  Santa Catalina Island is a famous resort on the west coast. Its beauty comes from its tranquility and tranquility, as well as the breathtakingly beautiful sea.

  There are not many people here, probably only a few thousand people. There are two small towns and many places are easily accessible by walking. It is a simple place. You rarely see cars here. It is said that you have to wait more than ten years to get permission to own a car, so people here generally drive golf carts when traveling.

  The architecture on the island is very interesting. Walking there will give you the feeling of staying here forever and never wanting to leave. It seems like this place is out of touch with the outside world. The compact work outside can't be felt here at all.

  After Laila enjoyed a delicious lunch on the pedestrian street, she decided to come here a few more times when she had time. When she is busy, she rarely enjoys life like this. She doesn't even know that she also likes shopping.

  Walking on the street where time seems to have slowed down a lot, the breeze blowing my hair on my cheeks, and the breath of the ocean blowing into my face, everything is so beautiful.

  Probably the weather is still relatively cold now, which is not very suitable for playing at the beach. There are very few tourists on the island, so the arrival of Laila and Roy did not cause much commotion. When shopping, the quality of the waiters is also relatively high, and they will not ask for autographs or photos when customers come to the door.

  However, if they meet outside, some people will still look forward to a close contact with these two big Hollywood stars and directors.

  Roy originally only arranged a two-day vacation, but Laila liked it so much that she stayed for an extra day.

  It's not that she doesn't want to stay for a few more days, but that there are some tasks that she really needs to go back to deal with. So with a happy mood and a camera full of photos, Laila and she embarked on the journey back to Hollywood.

  It was still a hot air balloon ride back. Compared with the first time, Laila's excitement was much calmer this time. The last time it was a proposal and a diamond ring, she barely appreciated the surrounding scenery. This time it was different. She paid more attention to the sky, the coast, the distant city, and the beautiful scenery of the sea and sky beyond.

  Such a life is really good!

  It reminded her of what was said in a poem - I just want to face the sea and see the flowers blooming in spring.

  What Laila didn't expect was that as soon as the two of them returned home to Hollywood, they would see Janet and her grandfather waiting there.

  "When did you come? Why didn't you tell me?" Laila hugged them in surprise.

  "You said such an important thing, do you think you can still sit still as your mother?" Janet rolled her eyes at her: "You said you would come back today, that's why we came here. Come and see what I'm doing If I don't like the wedding dress you designed, I'll have to design a new one quickly!"

  So, when Laila returned home and didn't even have time to take a sip of saliva, she was dragged away by her mother.

  On the other side, Mr. Osvid looked at Roy with a somewhat unkind look.

  "Sit down." He pointed to the sofa opposite him.

  Roy smiled and sat down where he pointed. He was used to big scenes and would no longer be overwhelmed by the old man's momentum.

  Seeing his calm expression, the old man nodded inwardly. He couldn't stand the way those juniors were timid in front of him, acting as if he could eat them. If he wants to marry his precious granddaughter, this kind of magnanimity must be indispensable.

  One thing he had never said before was that he had approached Reynolds once, just after Janet and Reynolds got together. In that meeting, the young Reynolds showed a neither humble nor overbearing attitude, which was why he did not take his daughter away immediately. Otherwise, with his means and wealth, how could he let his daughter be abducted by a man?