Chapter 1041 - 1050

Chapter 1041: Going with the flow

  "Is the editing going smoothly?" he asked tentatively.

  "Of course, I have finished my work, can it be considered smooth?" Laila put down the newspaper with a smile and gave him a reassuring smile.

  Only then did Roy see the newspaper she was holding: "Is this... a movie advertisement?" "

  Well. Director Cameron's new film will be released next year, and we really need to start building an atmosphere." "

  Why? Look at this?" Roy said: "I remember you didn't care about this before." At least you didn't stare at the newspaper with a serious face.

  "Do you remember IMAX?" Laila looked at him.

  "Of course, weren't some used in Nolan's movies?"

  "Yes." Laila nodded: "But before, they were just individual shots. Director Cameron used IMAX plus 3D this time. I think it might be It caused a big sensation."

  Roy smiled and said: "Like "Lord of the Rings"?"

  "It would be nice if it was that simple." Laila smiled and shook her head: "You are also a young man, will you? Are you interested in movies made with new technologies? Especially the director of this movie is the person who created "Titanic", the number one box office hit in film history that even Leila Moran couldn't break." Roy frowned when he heard this. She frowned slightly: "Are the previous posts and reports all trying to build momentum for "Avatar"?" "

  It's not impossible." Laila felt that if the post was written by Cooper, he probably just wanted to make some small moves. Like making myself feel unhappy or something like that. Her current status is no longer one where a few words in a post can knock her down from the altar.

  When she saw this advertisement, she thought of the previous reports that appeared on a large scale in various media, and when she thought about it carefully, she felt that it was a bit smooth. Maybe the post has nothing to do with them, but what happens next must be related to "Avatar"!
  "Don't you know Director Cameron? He shouldn't go that far, right?" "

  I know Director Cameron, and my mother is also a good friend of him. But do you think he is the only one who produces the film?" "?" Laila shook her head and said: "In order to make more money, don't just step on me and push Director Cameron up. Even if you do something more serious, I wouldn't be surprised. That movie deserves that Do it!"

  "Are you so optimistic about his movies?" Roy had always admired her vision for movies. If she was so optimistic about that movie, it would probably really cause a sensation as she said.

  Laila shrugged: "Yes, who called him James Cameron? It's probably even harder for me to break through the box office number one in film history." "Wait!" Roy looked at

  her in surprise: "You Do you mean that he can top the box office list again this time? surpassing "Titanic"?" "

  You will know then." Although Laila also hoped that she was joking, the fact is the fact, no matter who Unchangeable.

  Roy thought for a while: "Actually, it's nothing. We won't be able to go with him next year." No matter how great the movie is, let it bully the unlucky ones in the same period as it.

  "Let's not talk about it. I have to get off work early today. Are you interested in going to a movie?" Laila stood up from behind the desk, took the coat hanging aside in her hand, and then put it on his arm.

  Of course, Roy would not refuse her invitation. He led her outside and asked, "Are there any good movies?" "

  Who knows? Let's choose a place when we get there. Let's go on a date."

  "Okay, let's go on a date!" " Roy smiled and helped her pick up her handbag and coat, feeling that he really liked the word "date".

  It was a good date. They found a comedy movie. Let's not comment on the plot for the time being. At least there were some good jokes that made the two of them free their minds and laugh non-stop along with the crowd.

  "What do you think about me making a movie like this?" After the movie, on the way home, Laila asked Roy while recalling the plot.

  "Are you sure?" Roy laughed: "A funny movie about shit and piss? Believe me, if you really make one like that, a bunch of people will spray you all over your body. In the hearts of movie fans, you are a legend and a perfect director! They I wouldn't want to see a stain on you."

  "A stain? I don't think that's a stain. It's pretty funny, isn't it?" Laila thought of The Hangover, which will be released next year. It's a shit comedy that's popular all over the world. It's vulgar. , a spoof, but made the whole world laugh.

  "No, no, that's really not suitable for you." Roy's eyes were stung by the scene in his mind.

  Laila also said it casually, knowing that she was not the material. Her personality is not the kind to be funny, so how can she make a funny movie? Even in Chen Long's kung fu comedy that she had filmed before, she also felt that if she let herself go, the film might be better.

  The reason why she asked this question was mainly because her hands were itchy again, or it could also be said that she was aroused to fight. In later generations, when she saw one after another of the great Hollywood directors prospering, and watched Cameron repeatedly create miraculous box office successes, she had no other thoughts except envy and admiration. Because they were too far away and the gap was too big at that time. They were like clouds in the sky, but she was as humble as dust on the ground.

  It's different now, she is Leila Moran, one of Hollywood's leading top directors. If you want a masterpiece, if you want it to make money at the box office, if you want word of mouth, you can look at the Hollywood awards she has swept.

  As long as she wants, there will be countless funds for her to shoot movies, and she doesn't have to worry about the cost at all. There are also various media channels that allow her to conduct one-stop publicity.

  So when she was approached about "Avatar" again, all the images of the film's popularity popped up in her memory.

  If she had no feelings about "Titanic" before and felt that she could leave it behind at any time if she wanted to, then now she has been completely stimulated by "Avatar" and her adrenaline has risen.

  To be honest, she is almost equal to the one who stands at the top of directors in Hollywood. The only person who can be called her rival is probably director Cameron and his movies.

  In the words of pretending to be X in the novel, it is the state of being alone and seeking defeat. Life without opponents is boring.

  It is lucky to have an opponent, which gives people the motivation to continue working hard. Laila is not so exaggerated that she feels that she is too lazy to make a movie because she has no opponent. It is estimated that even if she is the only director left on earth, she will continue to film. Who told her to love this job?

  She just wants to have a battle with Director Cameron to see where her limits are and whether there is really no way to break the box office record created by others.