Chapter 261 - 270

Chapter 261 Agent

  While Lila was busy working on the new movie, "Rush Hour" also had a gorgeous second weekend at the box office, with a box office of 30.44 million U.S. dollars, unsurprisingly winning the title of weekly box office champion. .

  As soon as this result came out, Laila's fans cheered and the media, which were initially negative and critical, changed their tone and began to praise her. What a genius, what a miracle, what the best in America, what the best in the world, the words of praise were poured out as if they were free of charge. People who don't know think they think highly of Laila. Who still remembers what they said not long ago?

  The Moran family is involved in the media themselves, so they are very familiar with this kind of thing, and they don't care at all. But Laila doesn't care, which doesn't mean her fans don't care either.

  For example, her die-hard fan Horton carefully searched out all the articles and comment videos criticizing her from various media outlets some time ago, and condensed them all into one post. The criticism on one side and the achievements created by Laila on the other made everyone who saw the post burst into laughter. Some people called this post the most slap-in-the-face post in history.

  Not to mention others, even Laila herself couldn't stop laughing when she saw this post. This fan named Holden left a deep impression on her. If there was a chance in the future, she would definitely invite him to the company or the theme park. Such high-quality fans are a treasure more precious than millions today.

  At the same time, compared to the low-key start of Laila, another movie was announced with great fanfare. It was the movie called "The Thirteenth Warrior" invested by Faiz, which is also translated as "The Ultimate Soldier". Movie.

  According to the data given by the producer, the investment in this movie is as high as 180 million. In addition to the director and screenwriter with outstanding achievements, the actors also selected are all A-list stars.

  When Laila saw the list, her ice-blue eyes couldn't help but darken, because unlike the previous movie, not only was the investment higher by 20 million, but the cast was obviously better than before. With several top Hollywood stars appearing on the cast list, it's no wonder that the production company appeared confident in front of the media.

  At this time, what Laila was watching in the office was the press conference of "The Thirteenth Warrior".

  The host on the TV is introducing the stars who play the roles. In addition to the male and female protagonists, who are all top stars, the important supporting roles are all veteran actors who have won many awards. It can be seen from the cast that the production company has definitely not ordinary expectations for this movie. They must have greater ambitions.

  As the press conference progressed, a figure appeared on the screen. According to the host's introduction, this person was Faisal, the representative of the film's largest investor.

  Faisal, wearing a traditional Arab white robe, smiled and waved to the camera after hearing the host say his name.

  Laila looked at the person above in confusion: "Shouldn't it be Faizi?"

  But she was relieved after thinking about it. Faizi didn't dare to show up on TV no matter how brave he was. If she appeared wearing a black robe and a black headscarf, she might touch someone's nerves.

  She once said that after studying in the United States for several years, she naturally knew that what she likes to talk about most in this country that advocates freedom is human rights. In the eyes of those people, Saudi women who have lived under black headscarves and black robes all their lives are undoubtedly very pitiful.

  With Faye's strong character, he would definitely not allow himself to be the one being sympathized with. She is someone who can spend hundreds of millions of dollars to play her "little game" of investment without blinking an eye. How can she be sympathized by a group of people who don't even have a few savings?
  In order to prevent that situation from happening, and to make operations more convenient, she sent Faisal to be the agent in charge of affairs. Anyway, her purpose is very simple and clear, which is to use all means to suppress Laila, preferably by beating her new movie into the dust!

  "Excuse me, what is the reason for such a huge investment in this movie?"

  A reporter asked Faisal something that many people are concerned about. In the eyes of Americans, a small country like Saudi Arabia has invested so much money in their country. No matter how you think about it, it is incredible to make a movie with money. Saudi Arabia has always given people the impression of being a very small country. Even though it is known as the oil kingdom, it is almost an ignorant place in the eyes of Americans. How could it go to Hollywood to invest in movies?
  Do Hollywood movies have such a huge influence in such a small country?
  Faisal was about thirty years old. Like many Arabs, he had deep facial features and a very good-looking appearance. He has a very calm temperament, giving people the impression that nothing can shake him.

  "After research by our company, this is a film with great potential. With the best director and the best screenwriter, and now with the top stars joining our lineup of partners, we can't think of anything else. It will be the reason for the failure of this movie."

  He answered very skillfully. On the one hand, he expressed his trust in the movie, and on the other hand, he praised others. His words made everyone happy. No wonder he was Sent to be Miss Faize's agent.

  The audience in front of the TV also had a good impression of him, because his voice was very nice, not in original English but with a very pleasant accent. Coupled with the fact that people always show more kindness to good things, Mr. Faisal, with his handsome face, easily won the favor of the audience.

  Another reporter stood up and asked: "Excuse me, what are your expectations for the movie's box office?"

  Faisal smiled slightly: "Layers like us naturally think that the more the better. What kind of predictions will there be? We still have to listen to professionals. Human analysis." He said, handing the microphone to another person beside him.

  That is another investor, and he is also a senior film investor. To describe him as a professional is definitely not an exaggeration.

  He took the microphone, first nodded to the camera, and then said with confidence: "From the end of last year to this year, the miracles brought by the Titanic are still continuing. It allows us to see more things that can be explored, so With the birth of this movie now. As Mr. Faisal just said, we have invited the best directors, screenwriters and actors, so we are confident that we want to challenge Titanic, which set a box office record. !"

  After saying one sentence, the entire press conference heard gasps of air. The audience in front of the TV either ridiculed his words or lamented his ambition.

  How could it be that easy to break the box office record of Titanic? That is simply an insurmountable chasm, and it is a huge mountain that weighs on the heads of countless directors. What kind of movie would make investors say such ambitious things? Countless people have quietly begun to wonder in their hearts.