Chapter 131 - 140

Chapter 131 Abnormality must be accompanied by monsters.

  If you want to talk about big things, they are really not big things. But speaking of trivial matters, things about face are really not trivial.

  Louise also felt a little ridiculous after accepting FOX's apology, but she still had to laugh, and she still had to talk about what should be discussed.

  Murdoch stands behind FOX, and Cooper's home base, the New York Post, is also a newspaper owned by Murdoch. It can be said that Cooper dares to keep staring at Laila and pursue her fiercely because of Murdoch's support.

  So during this bet crisis, he still approached Murdoch, hoping to take the matter into his own hands, turn bad things into good things, and make a good appearance in front of many people who were paying attention.

  Behind Laila is the Moran Media Group. They recently acquired NBC and now have their own TV network. They know that there is no reason why such a major event that can obviously increase ratings should give all the benefits to their opponents.

  Obviously, if this matter is transferred to NBC, Cooper himself will definitely not be willing, and may even use this as an excuse to refuse to fulfill the bet.

  So Louise speculated on Laila's thoughts and came up with a cooperation method that would benefit both parties at the same time.

  In Laila's view, Louise, apart from being a little too sentimental and nostalgic, was very much in line with her in managing and running the company. And she also knows that she may lack some human touch in many cases and pay more attention to interests. It will not hurt the company to have Louise's emotional contribution.

  So after seeing the final negotiation results brought by Louise, Laila once again felt that her cheap father who died had really left a good assistant for her.

  FOX's plan this time is very simple, which is to broadcast the entire scene of Cooper fulfilling his agreement in the studio.

  This matter is the focus of attention of many people across the United States, especially young people. You can imagine how terrible the ratings will be when the show is broadcast live. For TV stations, ratings are life. Only when the ratings increase will companies be willing to pay advertising fees to broadcast advertisements. And with advertising money, the TV station can do better and strive for more good programs to increase the ratings. It can be said to be a cycle of conscience.

  NBC, which was acquired by the Morans not long ago, repeatedly failed in ratings because it had few good programs to offer, and was eventually won by Oswald. The advantage is that Mr. Moran spent a lot less money on the acquisition, but the disadvantage is that it is not easy to increase the lost ratings.

  Louise knew about NBC and the relationship between Mr. Moran and Murdoch. She also knew that Cooper would not be able to transfer the venue to the NBC studio. So she took all factors into consideration and negotiated a condition that was favorable to both Laila and NBC.

  First of all, FOX can broadcast the entire event live, but NBC has exclusive broadcast rights. Second, Laila can own 1/3 of the income from the advertising fees before and after the program. Third, FOX will play the trailer for Phoenix's new movie for free at a certain prime time in the future, no less than 10 times.

  This was a good contract that even surprised Laila. According to Louise, if it were not for the third point, she could even increase the income from the second point to 1/2.

  "It feels like the other party is worried that you won't show up. They just thought about my request and quickly agreed to it. All the negotiations were completed with just one phone call." It was so smooth that Louise could not imagine it.

  She originally wanted to be higher, and then slowly talked about it. Who would have thought that the other person seemed to be more afraid of regretting than she was, and agreed to all the incredible requests one by one.

  But it was so smooth that Louise was worried: "Will there be any problems in the middle?"

  As the saying goes, there must be a monster when something goes wrong. With the "friendship" between Murdoch and Mr. Moran, no one can be sure about the appearance. Will the two people who are relatively harmonious dig some traps behind their backs to deceive people?

  Laila smiled slightly: "It doesn't matter. You did a good job. Let people sign these conditions as soon as possible." Louise frowned and wanted to persuade her, but then she said again: "Don't worry, they are I have some little ideas going on, and I am not someone who is easily plotted." "I understand." Hearing what she said, Louise couldn't help but breathed a sigh of relief.

  She had long ceased to regard Laila as a nineteen-year-old young man, and more as an adult who was more sophisticated than herself. Although it might be a bit exaggerated to use sophisticated calculations, she can be sure that in many cases even she is not as thorough as her little boss.

  Now that Laila had an idea, she must have gotten some news and had some ways to deal with it, so she didn't say anything anymore.

  The live broadcast time is set at 8:30 on Saturday night, which is a suitable time for the whole family to sit together and watch TV. It is foreseeable that tens of millions of viewers will be attracted to watch this "grand event" at that time.

  After getting Laila's consent, the people from FOX TV station started the promotion a week in advance. There were originally many people who knew and paid attention to this moment. Under the overwhelming publicity, the entire world, not to mention the United States, knew that such an incident would be broadcast live on television.

  There is no doubt that Leila's benefit from this incident is that her name and SAW have received further publicity. Throughout the world, SAW has already gained considerable popularity even in countries where it has not yet been released.

  It is conceivable that when movie fans' curiosity about it rises to an impossible level, once the movie is released in their country, it will definitely cause a movie-watching frenzy. And the box office will eventually turn into profit and flow into the hands of Laila.

  Likewise, Cooper's reputation suddenly rose to its highest point. Countless people know that there is such a funny film critic in Hollywood. It's nothing to make a bet. The important thing is that he loses the bet and kissing the donkey's butt is really funny.

  It cannot be denied that Cooper is getting ridiculed a lot now, but once his plan goes smoothly, it is very likely that those ridicules will be turned into admiration. Not everyone can endure the ridicule of the whole world in front of everyone and complete the bet even though they know they will be embarrassed. "What a sincere and honest person this is!" As long as half of the people in the audience think so, Cooper's plan will be considered a success.

  The one that makes the most money is definitely FOX. I heard that the ads before the live broadcast and the ads in the middle were sold at astonishing prices, and the ratings of their other programs have also increased incredibly. It may not be very obvious, but it has really increased!

  Of course FOX is happy about this, but a certain gentleman on the other side is unhappy. "I heard you're going to be on the Fox stage?" Oswald's angry voice came from the phone. Laila said "Uh": "There is a little situation here. Because Cooper is closer to that side, he will definitely not be willing to do a program on our TV station."