Chapter 671 - 680

Chapter 671: You withdraw the lawsuit. I will sue

  Laila as the BOSS behind FB. People who paid attention to the data in the background saw that this information was being watched at a very fast speed and immediately reported the matter to her.

  She actually doesn't want this news to be known to the outside world. Maybe it will win a lot of sympathy if the outside world knows it, but she really doesn't like this kind of sympathy. Because it's embarrassing.

  Being humiliated with such an attitude would only make her feel like she had brought discredit on her family. And if her family knew about it, she might cause more unnecessary trouble. She didn't want to involve her family in her affairs, especially if it was such a disgraceful matter.

  It's a pity that her good tutor doesn't allow her to say dirty words, otherwise she really wants to use the best Eastern curse words to scold Cole to death, and she will promise not to use the same curse for three days and three nights. Compared with the poor vocabulary of the East, the West is definitely being crushed.

  But now that the matter has been exposed, she has no intention of suppressing it. She just asks the people below to ignore it. If it is handled rashly, whether it is deletion or promotion, it will attract a lot of people to speculate and add fuel to an already troublesome matter.

  She wanted to cause trouble, but not her own affairs. Donnie squeezed out all her experiences.

  Just when she was ready to help Downey go to court for trial, someone suddenly informed her that the other party had withdrawn the case.

  This is not news that she likes. Seeing that the release date of the movie is getting closer and closer, she is still hyping this incident. Why did she suddenly withdraw the lawsuit? If she withdraws, how can she still implement the "increasing fire" measures she originally arranged?

  When she inquired about it, she found out that it was Cole who had personally withdrawn the complaint. He did not say the reason, but from the internal rumors Laila heard, it seemed that he was in a very bad condition at the time, with his nose still covered with tape and his face. There was an unnatural bruise, as if someone had beaten him.

  Beat...

  Laila's first reaction was, has Roy come to her door?
  This was not an unfounded speculation. After her good friend was killed, and the guy's temperament didn't rush over and beat him up immediately, she felt that he had indeed grown up and matured a lot.

  But when she heard that Cole had been beaten, she still couldn't help but guess that he had done it. Otherwise, how could she have been so busy withdrawing the accusation after being beaten?
  She was so frightened that she immediately called Roy and asked insinuatingly for a while. Only then was she secretly relieved when she was sure that he had not come to beat him. Fortunately, Roy didn't know what she was thinking, otherwise he would definitely be aggrieved. He is obviously a gentleman enough, so don't treat him as impulsively as a young man in his early 20s, okay?
  Since it wasn't Roy, Laila felt relieved. Maybe it was someone else who had been offended, and he might have been dragged into the alley with a sack and beaten.

  In any case, the withdrawal of the lawsuit is certain. But she didn't want the matter to end like this. Firstly, she wanted to promote the movie by pointing to this incident. Secondly, she also hoped that this incident could whiten Downey's image and make him a real hero in the hearts of the public. .

  The most important thing is to say the word "get out". Every time she thought of the situation at that time, she felt as if a bomb had been detonated, and a surge of anger rose in her heart. If she doesn't get her place back, she may be trapped by this knot in her heart in the future.

  So she soon had a new plan. Didn't you withdraw the lawsuit and not sue me? Very good, then I will sue you now!
  Fighting was one thing, but she wanted to sue him for having inappropriate intentions towards a minor. She wanted to see if the young master of the West family could still be as arrogant as before after being accused by her.

  What she didn't know was that Cole could no longer be arrogant. The reason was that his father, Old West, had stopped all his cards.

  The only way to get the card back is to apologize to Laila and obtain her forgiveness, and to eliminate the anger the Moran family had against the West family because of this incident.

  Old West's intentions are correct. Whoever dug the hole will fill it himself. Unfortunately, he underestimated his naughty child's temper. Originally, he wanted to cut off his card so that he could force him to apologize to Laila without a penny. Unexpectedly, Cole was adamant this time and would rather have no money than apologize to Laila.

  Because he felt that with his attitude at that time, even if he came to apologize, he would definitely be scolded twice as hard. Why would he still have to suffer that crime? If someone else's face is a face, his face is not a face? For the sake of this little face, he didn't want to show up and be scolded.

  But he was still a little clever. Although he didn't come to apologize, he secretly dismissed the case. According to his thinking, when Laila saw that the case was withdrawn, she should know that he had shown goodwill, and then everything would go smoothly and there would be no need to fight anymore.

  It has to be said that he has experienced too few hardships to be so naive and think that this is enough. Even he knew how rude his original attitude was, so how could the other party forget everything just because of his gesture of withdrawing the case?

  So Laila's way of coping was to put everything she had in the hands of lawyer Walton and ask him to send Cole to the cell to confess.

  In Oriental terms, this is "treating others with their own treatment." How wonderful, isn't it?

  After Walton received the case, there was no need to mention his joy.

  A lawyer who has reached this stage no longer cares about making money when taking on cases, but what matters is reputation and influence. Is there anything more intriguing right now than Downey's case? He could imagine how many people would know his name after he took over the case, and how many media reports his image would appear in.

  Just when Walton began to prepare prosecution materials, the news that Cole withdrew the lawsuit was dug out by the paparazzi. Speaking of which, this is not a secret. If you are interested, you can find out through your own channels. The main reason is that Cole felt that it was very embarrassing for him to withdraw the lawsuit. He did it secretly and was not seen by many people.

  And when this incident was exposed, various comments once again centered on Downey's incident.

  Some people think this is good. Downey can go about his promotions and the movie can be released as scheduled. I don't know how many fans of Laila were worried that the movie would be delayed due to the case, and they were all happy to hear this news.

  They are die-hard fans of Laila, and they don't care what actors she uses, and they don't care whether those actors are prisoners or beggars. They just want to watch the movies she makes, thinking that only she can make what they want to see most.

  There are also some people who think that the Moran family has used their influence to interfere with judicial justice. Let a villain like Downey escape the punishment of the law.