Chapter 871 - 880

Chapter 871 Cooperation

  The reason is actually very simple.

  In Laila's past life and this one, she already has a strong aura of a director. Leonardo is a very good actor, but no matter how good an actor is when facing a director, especially a great director like Leila who is already recognized as a legend, he will be subconsciously frightened.

  Moreover, Laila also has the identity of being the daughter of the Moran family, the designated heir of Mr. Moran, and has already begun to participate in the work of the family business. People who are in a position of giving orders all year round will have a fearful aura about them. Delicate people like Leonardo are more likely to feel this aura.

  Laila ordered a few dishes and gave the menu to the other two people. After they discussed it, while waiting for the dishes to be served, she directly talked about the topic.

  "I have read the script. I think Roy must have told you that I am very interested in this script." "

  Yes. He said it." Leonardo glanced at Roy. "I'm looking forward to cooperating with you."

  He was tempted the last time Roy told him to let him cooperate with Laila. This script is undoubtedly the most suitable in terms of impact on awards. Based on his knowledge of Oscars, he knows that this film will definitely be the type that Oscar judges will like.

  He has been pondering his acting skills for several years, and together with Leila, the best director in Hollywood, he thinks that their cooperation can make this movie another Oscar-sweeping film!

  He has this confidence.

  Laila was silent for a moment, and when Leonardo felt like he was about to suffocate with nervousness, she spoke: "Indeed, I like this script very much, and I look forward to cooperating with you. But you should also know about my situation. It's impossible to start a new movie for at least a year and a half."

  She thought about it for a day and decided to abandon the script.

  Between being a director and making movies and being the acting president of a group, she chose the latter.

  She loves movies, but she loves her family even more.

  Without the support of Mr. Moran, without Janet's unprincipled pampering, and without her grandma's oriental food to help her adapt to the world, she would not be the Laila she is today.

  Leonardo was not surprised by this answer, but he was still disappointed.

  "I'm looking forward to working with you. The two of us will definitely be able to make a very good movie together." "

  Yes, I believe this. Unfortunately, I really can't coordinate the time." Laila was very sorry.

  Leonardo sighed: "It's really a pity."

  Laila thought this way, silently lowering her eyes, hiding regret and entanglement deep in her eyes. Life will not always be smooth sailing. She has already received too much, and there will always be times when Lady Luck cannot take care of her.

  At this time, Roy, who had been silent, suddenly said: "Leo, how many years have you had the script?" "

  Yes, it was given to me in 2005. There were two times in between. We have to prepare for filming, but every time it is delayed due to investment issues." He felt that it was a pity that such an excellent script was repeatedly shelved due to lack of funds.

  But this is Hollywood. Whether a film is good or not, film producers prefer to use box office to measure it. If "Blood Diamond" had the potential to make huge profits like a commercial special effects blockbuster, I'm afraid investors would have rushed to invest money. Unfortunately, such profound films tend not to be well-received by many audiences.

  The budget of the movie is 100 million, which means that the box office must be 300 million to make a profit. But it is impossible for a film like this to get so much box office. In the end, it can only rely on selling CDs and other methods to slowly recover the capital.

  Maybe in the end the movie can still bring in some profits, but not all investors will like that kind of long-term one. They admire Laila even more, who makes movies and earns hundreds of millions and billions of dollars more. It's a pity that Laila is not short of money or distribution channels. People make their own money by filming and don't let others play.

  "Since the script has been in your hands for several years, why not wait for a while?" Roy suggested: "Just because Laila doesn't have time now, doesn't mean she won't have time in a year and a half. You all like this script, and We all hope to cooperate. Why not take advantage of this time to perfect the script and shoot it when Laila has time."

  Leonardo slapped the table: "That's right! Why didn't I think of that? That's it, Laila. When you have time, we will work together to make this movie. No matter whether it is one year or two years, I will wait for you!" Laila thought for a while, smiled and nodded:

  " Okay."

  Both she and Leonardo were confused, thinking that they didn't have time to shoot now, but they forgot that they could wait a few years. In Hollywood, there are not too many movies that have been shelved for various reasons. Take the book Blood Diamond in his hand, for example. Hasn't it been written for several years? Anyway, the copyright of the script has been bought. When filming will start, it will not have much impact on the screenwriters, but it will have a big impact on them.

  And if the news spreads that Laila is willing to make another movie, all the film companies will be willing to wait until she has time, whether it is a year or a few years, as long as they can get her consent, no matter how long it takes, it is worth waiting.

  After the key things were settled, the ordered dishes began to be served one by one. Attracted by the red Sichuan food, the three of them all had a great appetite.

  "By the way, I heard that the global box office of "Lord of the Rings 3" has exceeded 1 billion, and the momentum may continue to rise. I think the reviews from film critics and audiences are good, and many people say that you deserve an Oscar. A good director." Leonardo admired her very much. Although she was younger than him, she had made achievements that were many times more brilliant than his own.

  Laila smiled: "Who knows? As long as it's not until the last moment, no one knows who will have the last laugh."

  "Don't be humble. Every media is reporting that you will definitely be like "Chicago" Just like that time, it swept all the major awards."

  Laila frowned: "A lot of media are reporting on it?" She seemed to smell something unusual.

  Leonardo didn't see anything strange about her and said with admiration: "This is normal. With such a high box office and such a high reputation, it's not surprising that they think you will create a new age for best director. Many media also said In fact, you could have won that award a long time ago, but the Oscar judges are too harsh."

  The more he talked, the more Laila felt something was wrong. Recently, she had been worried about Roy and didn't pay attention to the media trends at all, nor did she notice that the outside world was making such a big fuss.

  After finishing the meal, on the way back, Roy looked at Laila, who was quietly looking at the scenery outside the car window, and asked what he had been holding back from asking: "What's wrong? You were a little absent-minded when you were eating.

  " It's nothing, I just have some speculations, I hope I'm just worrying unfoundedly."