Chapter 991 - 1000

Chapter 991 Dog-Headed Strategist

  "Mr. Martin, you mean you want to invest in a movie?" She said with a pretentious smile: "Of course there is no problem. Our budget for filming "Blood Diamond" this time is 100 million U.S. dollars. I don't know. How much are you willing to pay?"

  "One hundred million?" Martin's eyes almost popped out of his head. It took all his strength not to look ugly in front of his men. What a joke! If he had 100 million US dollars, would he still need to live a life of licking blood in this small country? You have already taken the money to live a cool life abroad, okay?
  Laila was face to face with him, just enough to see his momentary shock, and already understood that this man was indeed a layman who knew nothing. I was jealous when I saw the movie getting so many box office hits, and thought I could have a hand in it. If it were so easy to make money, wouldn't directors around the world have long become the most popular investment targets?

  "Yes." She sighed: "Originally, I thought 100 million was about the same. As of now, I estimate that we are still short of about 50 million. If Mr. Martin is interested in investing, that would be great." Martin's mouth twitched

  . Now, he can't even get 50 million! In order to protect the diamond producing area, a lot of money was sent to the officials in charge. However, he had bad luck. The mine kept producing rough stones of low quality. It was rare to find a top-quality blue diamond, and it was stolen and sold to others by his subordinates. Let alone 50 million now, it is impossible for him to come up with 5 million!

  He didn't need to look back now to know that his men must be laughing at his wishful thinking. In anger, he stood up quickly, walked to Laila, and made several gestures with the dagger in front of her face.

  "Director Moran, I think you may have some misunderstandings. I invited you here not to ask you to tell me what to do, but to work for me. Unfortunately, the movie you are making can no longer be made. From now on The only thing you need to do in the beginning is to make movies for me and make money for me!"

  The dagger with a cold light was dangling in front of his eyes, leaving no doubt about its sharpness. Laila's ice-blue eyes shone with the same cold light under the knife light, but those sharp gazes were all hidden by the long eyelashes that drooped down.

  The more times like this, the calmer she becomes. Many people have said that she is too rational, and she was helpless about this in the past. But at this time, she felt that it was great that she could still maintain such calmness.

  Only by maintaining the calmest state can we find a way to save ourselves.

  "Mr. Martin, I think you may also have some misunderstandings. A movie can't be made just by saying it is shot. First, there must be a good script, then enough investment, and then there must be many helpers, such as makeup artists, prop artists, lighting , dramaturg, etc. Even if the film is finished, you still need to find an excellent editor to cut it out, and then hire soundtracks, dubbing, and special effects to do post-production. Even if all of this is done, you still need to find cooperation They are responsible for the distribution of the film, and then they have to sign a screening contract with the theater owners..."

  Martin's lips twitched when he heard this. It felt like there were a bunch of sparrows in his head, chirping non-stop, making his brain almost explode. How did he know that it would be so troublesome for a movie to make money?

  This is what Leila wants. What he says can only be said by a super layman. Even ordinary people will know how difficult it is to make a movie. So she simply spoke more professionally to persuade him to give up that unrealistic and ridiculous idea.

  Martin's face was uncertain. He didn't know whether the 100 million or 50 million movie budget just now was real, but the other party was in his hands, and he could kill her at any time. A woman shouldn't be here It's only right to tell such a lie in front of yourself.

  Just when he was hesitating, a man leaned into his ear and said a few words.

  After hearing what he said, Martin's expression suddenly became fierce, and the look he looked at Laila became unkind: "Director Moran, I am a civilized person and prefer civilized communication methods. But if you refuse to cooperate, I will If I treat you like an idiot, I don't mind using some rude methods. You don't want to be treated like that, right?"

  Laila narrowed her eyes and glanced at the person who was talking to Martin just now. . It was a man who looked to be in his thirties, wearing glasses and a neat white shirt. He looked more like an elite white-collar worker than a member of a group of gangsters.

  But from the scene just now, we can know that this person should have a high status next to the leader Martin. He is probably the IQ person in charge of an organization, that is, the strategist.

  Such a person is much more difficult to deal with than the simple-minded and greedy Martin, and it also makes Laila know that her newly made plan must be modified.

  To be honest, she would rather face a reckless man with a gun than a smart person with a brain.

  "Mr. Martin, I don't seem to understand what you mean." Laila deliberately pretended to be timid to reduce the other person's vigilance. This look is more in line with what she should look like at this time. If she keeps a calm look, it will only make the other party more wary of her.

  No one present thought that a young woman could maintain her composure when facing people like them who were armed and had tied her up. Basically, there are very few women who can talk to them with a fluent voice like her.

  Martin snorted coldly: "I heard that the first film directed by Moran received 100,000 US dollars and sold 300 million box office, right?" He can still easily come up with 100,000 US dollars. It can be exchanged for 300 million. As long as he makes a few more movies, he can still make a lot of money!

  Laila immediately understood what he meant and sneered inwardly at his amateurishness.

  "That's true. But that's just an example. If I could earn box office so easily, do you think I would still spend hundreds of millions to make a movie?" Martin thought about it, and it seemed to be the same reason

  . If you can earn 300 million with 100,000 yuan, who would use hundreds of millions to do it? How many movies can you make with hundreds of millions of dollars? Wouldn't it be possible to make more money?
  Laila actually changed a concept secretly. One hundred thousand can earn 300 million, but one hundred million can earn more than one billion. No matter how powerful she is, she is just one person. Even if she shoots to the end of a year, she cannot make a few movies. In the same time, she can make more money by shooting commercial movies or special effects blockbusters.

  As a result, the next moment, she saw the dog-headed military advisor saying a few words in Martin's ear.

  Although you couldn't hear what he said, you could tell that his words had an effect.