Chapter 931 - 940

Chapter 931 Acting Award:

  The technical awards have almost been awarded, and the only ones left for Laila's crew are Best Picture and Best Director.

  Thinking about Lila's age, and then thinking about the success of "The Lord of the Rings" at this Oscar. Whether it was the guests present or the fans waiting in front of the TV, everyone's hearts were high.

  Can she win that award and set a new age record?
  Can she set a record of winning ten or even eleven Oscars in one Oscar?

  How far will she go?
  Right now, no one has an answer to this question. Fortunately, even if you don't think about it, the answer will be revealed.

  But before that, there are still the most watched acting awards to be awarded.

  People are all animals that love beauty. There are people like Laila who control their appearance, and there are also people who pursue acting skills. No matter which group you belong to, you will all pay attention to the upcoming acting award projects.

  The first award was for Best Supporting Actress. Cate Blanchett, Leila's former collaborator, was lucky enough to be nominated for her role in "I'm Not There". Unfortunately, she lost to Tilda Swinton, who contributed her acting skills in "Michael Clayton".

  In Laila's view, the reason why Tilda won this award is not that she defeated others in acting, but more in the content of the movie. It can also be said that the role she plays is more likely to be liked by the judges.

  Of course, this was all something she was complaining about in her head, and it would be very troublesome if she really wanted to make it known to the public.

  But what happened next shocked her so much that she forgot to close her mouth. I don't know if he was too excited or for some reason, but Swinton actually said some very big lines during his acceptance speech.

  "Ass" and other words were considered quite elegant words, and some words that must have been silenced during the broadcast were actually spoken by her one after another.

  "Oh my god, does she know what she is talking about?" Janet never expected to hear such incredible remarks on such an occasion.

  Laila was also obviously speechless: "I think she really doesn't know what she is talking about."

  I don't know if she will be ashamed of this speech after she goes back and hand over the trophy that she just got before it was warmed up. Throw it into the trash can.

  Apparently the people backstage realized that they couldn't let things continue, so they hurriedly played music to stop her from saying any more inappropriate words.

  Fortunately, the people present are basically well-informed people and will not say anything about this matter. But the audience who watched the scene just now in front of the TV is different. They can express their opinions more freely online. You know, this newly crowned Miss Oscar for Best Supporting Actress will have no shortage of topics to talk about tomorrow.

  Immediately afterwards, the best supporting actor was taken away by JaVale Barton of "No Country for Old Men". He played a cold killer this time and was praised by countless audiences as a "shocking villain". This is the first time a Spaniard has won an Oscar at the Oscars, and I believe this win has far-reaching significance.

  Speaking of "No Country for Old Men", it is really a tragedy. This year's Oscars, their voice is second only to "Lord of the Rings 3", and they have received eight nominations.

  In its previous life, the film won four awards including Best Picture and Best Director. However, because of Laila, the winner of the Best Adapted Screenplay that they should have won became Laila. As for whether they will still be the winners of the two most important awards, it depends on God's arrangement.

  Finally, the Oscars have come to one of the most watched aspects - the Best Actress, also known as the Oscar-winning actress award.

  In the past, a few of Laila's films have always participated in the acting awards, and rarely came away empty-handed. This time it was a coincidence that she became a real spectator, and it also made her feel free and easy to stand on the outside.

  The guests on the stage read out the list of candidates one by one. What surprised Laila was that Cate Blanchett, who just missed out on Best Supporting Actress, actually got a Best Actress nomination for another movie "Elizabeth 2" .

  Among the five candidates, the one she cares most about is Ellen Page, who played "Juno". This is a very spiritual young actor. Born in 1987, she is only in her early 20s this year, but her role in the movie is deeply memorable.

  "Juno" is one, and "Fruit Candy" is also one. Laila has never been able to forget the feeling she had after seeing Fruity Candy for the first time. She was only sixteen or seventeen years old at that time, but she played a girl who was weak in appearance, thoughtful and ruthless, making people's hair stand on end.

  Unfortunately, neither of the two people Leila paid attention to won the award. In the end, the crown of Best Actress was taken away by French actress Marion Cotillard.

  This was definitely a big upset, beyond the expectations of most people. Even Cotillard himself was so excited that he was speechless several times after taking the stage.

  Speaking of which, it's really a pity for Kate. She was nominated for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress for two films at the same time, but she came away empty-handed with a big belly. But it also proves that she has a good eye for scripts. You must know that since she participated in Laila's film and laid a solid foundation, countless scripts have been handed to her.

  If she had been short-sighted, she might have chosen commercial films with high salaries to get money. Fortunately, she could always stick to her heart and continue to move forward on her path.

  It's not that commercial films are bad, but the heroine's roles in commercial films are basically just a vase, and there is nothing that requires acting skills, let alone improving her acting skills.

  Looking at Kate's acting career, you know that she knows exactly what she wants. She is a very smart person and has a smart agent helping her.

  Compared to Best Actress, the award for Best Actor has attracted more attention. In Hollywood, it is already known to everyone that male stars at the same level are paid at least twice as much as female stars.

  Looking at the films produced, we know that movies with male protagonists are much higher than movies with female protagonists, both at the box office and in other aspects. Audiences of both genders seem to like watching movies with male protagonists. As for female protagonists, there don't seem to be many exciting movies with female protagonists.

  Although there are still some, compared with those of the male protagonist, they are so few that they are almost negligible.

  Therefore, when it comes to Oscar awards, there are many more viewers who care about the Best Actor than the Best Actress. But I will pay more attention to the best actresses in the future, because the so-called "Oscar Best Actress Curse" has dragged down several best actresses.

  Roy leaned into Laila's ear: "This year's best actor should be Lewis."

  "Are you so sure?" She was curious. "He played the role of a villain. As far as I know, the villain is unlikely to win that award."