Chapter 251 - 260

Chapter 251 Don't underestimate Hollywood.

  Express Company does not limit how long guests can stay on the island, but Laila has lost interest. The reason why she stayed on the island is for her future movies.

  That's right, she is interested in Golden Island and its golden beaches!
  Everyone thought that she was sitting under the umbrella to enjoy the waves and sea breeze. In fact, she was merging everything in front of her with the imaginary movie scenes in her mind. Otherwise, why would she lie on the beach for most of the day?

  She stayed in the room for the next few days to sort out her inspirations and experiences. If it weren't for Nabhani and his weird fiancée, it might be okay for her to stay for a while longer. But with those two people, no matter how beautiful the island was, she still found it a bit off-putting.

  So on the fourth day after the party, she finally decided to return to Hollywood.

  Osvid supported her decision with both hands and feet. He had to return to New York after the banquet due to company matters, which made him very worried about Lila who stayed on the island, fearing that the delicate flower he had finally raised would be dirty again when he wasn't paying attention. of wild beasts.

  As for Janet, who also stayed on the island looking for inspiration, he didn't bother to care at all. With his previous "experience", he also knew that he couldn't control his daughter at all, so he might as well let her out and see which unlucky man could take her in.

  "Are you leaving?"

  While Laila and her group were packing their luggage, Prince Nabhani ran to her room excitedly. That "finally sent away the plague" expression made Laila really dislike it.

  "Are you happy?"

  "Of course you are!" His Highness smiled like a bright chrysanthemum at the thought of finally not having to run to her side every day.

  "As long as you are happy." Laila smiled insincerely, and then pushed him aside: "You are blocking me."

  Then the prince remembered the purpose of his coming: "By the way, you have to go back to shoot a new movie Have you?"

  "Yes."

  "That rumored action movie?"

  "Yeah."

  The prince was depressed: "I said you can't answer a few more words? I will come to you as soon as I hear important information. Now."

  Laila put down the manuscript she was about to put in her suitcase: "Has your fiancée found the movie that knocked me down?" "

  How did you know?" Naibhani's eyes widened as if he had seen a ghost. He just overheard the news and came here to report it. There was no reason why she would know about it earlier than him, right? "Did you install a bug in her place?"

  "You're overthinking." Laila was speechless at his idea. He first talked about the movie and then the important information. In addition, he knew very well that the young lady disliked her. It was too easy to guess the truth.

  "Then what?" she asked.

  Naibhani's mood of offering a treasure just now disappeared, and he found a sofa and sat on it depressedly: "Are you really not worried at all?"

  "What should I worry about?" Laila asked.

  "Of course it's Faeze's investment! I've heard that the action movie she wants to invest in was jointly produced by a very powerful director and editor." Laila shook her head funny, still saying the same thing as

  before : "Don't underestimate Hollywood."

  Why does a Hollywood movie with a good box office have a lot of follow-up movies? It's because no matter how powerful the film companies and filmmakers are, they can't figure out the audience's interest. That's why when you see a movie making money, you follow suit like crazy and make movies of the same type.

  Before Leila took over the Phoenix Company, the approach of Reynolds and others was very similar, except that their following the trend was more clumsy. Not only did they follow the trend, but they also followed the trend extremely cheaply. B-movie production companies are not called for nothing. A movie costs tens of thousands of dollars to make. The scenery and props can be made for one dollar, but they will never cost one dollar.

  Naibhani is not from the film industry, so naturally he doesn't know the rules. But like many people, he believes that as long as the money comes and he finds the best director and screenwriter, even if he can't create a movie like Titanic, he can always make hundreds of millions, right?

  He never thought, if movies are so easy to make money and you can get income as long as you invest, why would so many wealthy bosses leave such a big piece of cake without taking a bite?

  "Don't believe it, I heard their conversation. It's really an amazing movie!" Naibhani glanced in the direction of the door, then lowered his voice at a volume that only the two of them could hear. She whispered softly: "Does John McTiernan know? The movie that Faye invested in was shot by him!" "

  Oh?" Of course Laila knew about him, he was the one who made "Predator" and "Die Hard" That person is definitely capable of joining the ranks of first-tier directors.

  Naibhani continued: "There is also the screenwriter, who is said to be the father of high-tech thriller novels and has written many best-selling novels. One of his novels was even made into a movie by a particularly powerful director, and he seems to have made a lot of money. Money. What is it called?"

  He lowered his head and thought, then clapped his hands suddenly: "That's right! It's called "Jurassic Park"! It was filmed by that very capable director named Spielberg. It's become a movie!"

  "Yo?" Laila raised her eyebrows and once again uttered a monosyllable that represented surprise.

  This is really an incredible combination, both the director and the screenwriter are very capable. Not to mention the director, the screenwriter is really great and has written many award-winning novels. Not only "Jurassic Park", but also the TV series "ER" was created by him. That is a shortcut for many people to become top stars, such as George Clooney. Didn't he just come out of that series?

  Her calm look made the prince anxious for her: "Why haven't you figured out the situation yet? I heard that the budget of that movie is at least 150 million. Think about it, by then Faye released such a powerful movie at the same time as yours. Do you think the movie you spent so little money on can compete with theirs?"

  Laila smiled slightly: "I know, I will pay attention to it." It was rare that the other party had the heart to report to her in advance. Regardless of whether it worked for her or not, at least he cared about it, and she couldn't be ungrateful at all. Right?
  "Do you really know?" Nabhani looked at her suspiciously, feeling as if her words were deceiving him.

  "I really get it." Lila didn't bother to explain the rules of Hollywood to a layperson.

  No matter how great a director is, there are times when he makes a mistake, such as John Woo's "Windtalkers" or Spielberg's "The Terminal." A successful director only has a few more chances to fail than an average director. Thinking that people who have made good movies will never fail is what laypeople would say.