Chapter 661 - 670

Chapter 661: Changing Wind Direction

  Facing this completely different wind direction, readers and viewers are a little confused. They don't know who to listen to. People who have watched the video will unconsciously side with Downey if they watch Laila's video. And those who read other reports first will think that Downey really has a bad character as the media said.

  The disadvantage to Downey is his previous criminal record, his history of illegal drugs, and his past imprisonment, which have clouded his integrity. Those reports against him all start from this direction, making people who read the reports doubt his character first, and then unconsciously look at this incident with colored eyes.

  The opponents Laila has to face are not only the backstabbing of the news media and the film production companies who secretly push the situation, but also the man behind the scenes that she has always known but could not find the source - Faisal.

  With such a good opportunity, Faisal would definitely not waste it. After Cooper told him about the incident and explained the possible consequences, he immediately made up his mind to take advantage of her unlucky moment and add fuel to the fire.

  With Faisal's money clearing the way, some media outlets that were still on Laila's side immediately changed their direction. Some of the larger media outlets will also use a more tactful way to question the whole thing, out of concern for their dignity, without speaking too harshly, lest it become unmanageable when the truth comes out.

  But those tabloids are much more unscrupulous. If they can get a lot of money by throwing some dirty water, what else do they need to do? On that day, he made a 360-degree turn and pointed his guns at Lila, Downey and the upcoming "Iron Man".

  Faisal was rich and willing to spend money on it. The result of casting the net over a large area was that the original 50/50 wind direction suddenly changed, and Laila's side became the targeted party.

  Now it seems that Laila's decision to expose this matter in advance and explain the whole thing from their perspective was a good one. If she allows other media to expose the matter, those media who are not too concerned about the excitement will definitely guide the matter in the direction that attracts the most attention. At that time, Downey had no chance to prove his innocence and was already sent to hell.

  Because she exposed the video in advance, there was a time lag, and most of those who watched the video were on Downey's side.

  This is of course because Cole's action of dispensing the drug was specifically pointed out, and also because he fell down but put the blame on Downey. In the eyes of many people, a person who "shamelessly" puts the blame on Downey even though he fell down, and said that he would have to break his legs before he could be forgiven, is definitely not a good person. Of course, people with such questionable character can do nasty things like drugging beautiful girls.

  Laila has been paying attention to the trend of the Internet. When she saw someone saying such words, she immediately issued several orders.

  The most important one is to let the navy direct everyone's attention to the person who has been coded. She deliberately coded Cole at the beginning, not only for the so-called right to privacy, but also for the need of "mystery".

  The more mysterious something is, the more it arouses people's curiosity. It is much better for others to discover Cole's existence on their own than if she is exposed from the beginning. This can be regarded as another form of "hungry marketing".

  Sure enough, under the guidance of Youxin Shuijun, many people began to pay attention to who the coded man was.

  Someone recognized that bar as a place frequented by celebrities. The decoration was relatively high-end, and there were some singing and dancing performances inside. The beautiful girls who go there usually have some small thoughts, such as wanting to take the opportunity to get to know celebrities and get a role by the way.

  Generally speaking, this kind of thing that you and I would like to do is not a big deal, and it is not a main role, but just a supporting role. Basically, someone with a little power on the crew can make the decision.

  After someone disclosed this, people began to speculate that the man who had been coded might not be a simple figure, but they didn't know whether he was a celebrity or a wealthy man.

  After mutual speculation, someone actually found out Cole's true identity. This person did not find the original surveillance video, but used some method to dig out the records of the case in the police station. When you see that the name of the person who was beaten is Cole West, is there anyone who doesn't know who the person who was coded is?

  So after Cole's name was exposed, the direction of public opinion began to change.

  Yes, Downey had indeed fallen for a period of time. He took illegal drugs and got into fights. He was seen doing various tricks to commit suicide all day long. As a result, his son and wife were lost.

  But with Colby, people began to think that he was actually not that bad and could be saved. Since he joined Laila's company, some of his achievements are obvious to all. In addition, Laila has been subtly using the media to help him clear his name. It can be said that his reputation has become much better than it was a few years ago.

  And Cole is a super VIP scandal source that has been collectively certified by all tabloids. As long as you follow him, it won't take long for you to find scandals that attract attention. What happened late at night with a female star, what about a young model being sent to the hospital for a suspected miscarriage, what about a father and son fighting in the street over a certain girl, etc.

  I don't know if it's a trait inherited from the family, but in short, his father is an old bastard with a reputation for sex. When he came here, he was even more youthful and became the representative of the new generation of bastards.

  Why don't the upper class want to have much contact with their family? Just because I can't afford to lose that person. People in the upper class have their own rules. You can play if you like, but you have to play with grace. Anyone who goes into heat after seeing a woman is not a lover, but a beast.

  It's because Cole himself has such a bad reputation...well, he doesn't have a reputation anymore.

  In short, when his name was dug out, most of the onlookers had already tilted their hearts towards Downey. If Downey continues to degenerate and seek death, he will harm himself. And Cole's behavior is hurting other people, and they are all very beautiful women, so many young men and women can't help but regard him as a public enemy.

  And most importantly, it was his name and his notoriety that made people believe the words in Leila's video.

  It is extremely common for people like Cole to bully girls by drugging them, and there have been related cases before. There was quite a big fuss at the time, but later the two parties reached a settlement and finally settled the matter. I thought they would settle the matter with money.