Chapter 41 - 50

Chapter 41 Roy

  Once Laila makes up her mind, she will act according to her wishes. Knowing the name and the phone number she could contact, she spent a little money and got Roy's investigation report on the morning of the third day.

  As she had guessed, Roy was one year older than her. He was 19 years old and had parents and a younger brother.

  However, my father is serving a sentence in prison for fraud and has more than thirty years left before he is released from prison. It wasn't that he had done anything extraordinary, but that he was unlucky to have joined the wrong fraud organization at the wrong time. After enjoying a "happy life" for a period of time, he became a young scapegoat. After the crime, he took a lot of blame and is expected to die in prison.

  The mother turned out to be a stripper in a certain club. After her husband was imprisoned, she took the compensation from the so-called organization and the money from selling the house, and ran away with her lover. Leaving behind Roy, who was only 14 years old at the time, and his 7-year-old brother Abel.

  The two minor children were sent to foster homes. But it didn't take long for Roy to escape from where he was, and after finding the foster home where his younger brother lived, he has been hanging around. He won't do anything too extreme, it's probably just petty theft, just enough to survive.

  Not every foster family in the United States is as happy as described. The place Roy went to was a harsh living environment. Abel's luck was better, but not much better. He was basically hungry, not cold, and having good food and sleep was just a luxury.

  Laila looked at the introduction in the information and some photos, and finally understood why he went to steal ham the day before yesterday. It turned out that it was Abel's birthday, and the child's favorite food was ham, and a good pack of ham cost dozens or even hundreds of dollars, which was simply not something Roy could afford, which was why she saw the scene she saw.

  "It seems that it can be saved."

  For a star, some small flaws in the past are nothing. This is a world where faces are judged. Isn't there a news in later generations that a certain criminal received countless likes because he was too handsome, and was later signed as a model?

  That was a criminal with a real bad record, and he even had tattoos on his body that showed he had killed people. But who calls a handsome parent? He can still get a contract and salary that makes others jealous before he is released from prison.

  So after seeing Roy's introduction, Laila didn't think it was too bad, or in fact she was quite sympathetic, which was completely unlike what the evil-looking and careless big boy would do.

  After thinking about it, she picked up the phone and dialed the number he left for her.

  "This is Pansy's house. Who am I looking for?"

  "I'm Leila Moran. Roy told me I can find him at this number."

  "Wow!" came an exclamation from the other side, and then heard a voice far away from the phone. Shouting: "Roy, there is a woman looking for you! It's a woman! It sounds like she must be a beauty. What the hell are you lucky to have!" "

  Shut up!" Roy's impatient voice gradually became louder. approaching and gradually increasing. "Who's looking for me?"

  "I'm Laila." Laila suddenly remembered that she hadn't introduced herself that day, so she used a way to help him quickly remember herself: "You ruined a 100,000 Dollar clothes, your creditor."

  "Shet!" Roy swore. Of course he remembered, he was having nightmares about her in his dreams, okay? "What do you want from me? If nothing happens, I will hang up!" "

  You can hang up, but I guarantee that the police will come to you within 3 minutes and invite you to me. Do you want to ride in a police car?" Laila reminded him cheerfully.

  In a capitalist society, having money is really a pleasant thing, isn't it?
  She is not a person who likes to use money to pressure people, but it is quite enjoyable to use it once in a while.

  "What do you want to do?" Roy really regretted it. Why did he think of hiding the "stolen items" on her in the first place? This is great, it looks like he's in big trouble. "Isn't it just 100,000 yuan? I can pay you back slowly in the future, right?" "

  You have no education and no experience, so it will be difficult to find a job, right?" Laila said with a smile: "Don't worry, I'll call this time I came here to introduce you to a job."

  "What job?" Roy hesitated. He really needed a job, or money to be exact. If he had money, he could rescue his brother from that damn foster home.

  "If you want to know, put on your best clothes and come here." Laila gave him an address and ended the call. He didn't even bother to threaten him not to escape. As long as that kid wasn't too stupid, he should know that being honest and obedient was the only thing he could do.

  "Damn it!" Roy listened to the beep from the other side and hung up the phone angrily.

  The address Laila gave was her mother Janet's studio in New York, where there are excellent stylists who can tailor various looks for those who need them. Whether they are celebrities or ladies, there is always an environment where they need to dress up to attend, so such a place where they can fully display their charm is what they need very much.

  At the same time, there are also valuable jewelry and clothing for rent. Even people who are not that rich can rent a suit of clothing here to show their style at banquets and dances.

  It can be seen that Janet is very good at making money. I also know that the clothes recommended here are all customized Chinese clothes by Moran. After some styling, will celebrity ladies who are not short of money still buy the clothes unhappy?
  I heard that my mother has started to get involved in accessories and jewelry design. I believe that her career will take another brilliant leap soon.

  Laila put down the phone and came to the studio on Fifth Avenue. She was greeted by Sophia, a stylist recommended by her mother. In Janet's words, this person has the talent to discover beauty, and can make good use of her talent and magical hands to embody the hidden charm of the guests.

  "I really want to know quickly what kind of person would make you want to style him personally."

  Sofia knew that Laila had no problem handling some ordinary styling, but she brought people here. If that person is either ugly to a certain extent or beautiful to a certain extent, any stylist who really likes styling will like clients who have challenges, and she certainly looks forward to it.

  "It should be soon." Laila looked at her watch. More than an hour had passed. Calculating the address written on the information and the distance to here, she should have arrived by now. "I'll go outside and take a look. Maybe he's looking for the wrong place."

  In fact, Roy was already here. He just stood outside the magnificently decorated store and looked at the address for a while without knowing whether he was looking for the wrong place. place.

  When Laila came out, what she saw was him frowning and staring blankly at the note in his hand.

  "Why don't you go in?"