Chapter 901 - 910

Chapter 901 Enlightenment

  "Has the script been revised?" She simply asked Leonardo.

  Unexpectedly, she asked the right question, and the script was in his hands.

  Leonardo took out the printed script from his bag and handed it to her: "You have a look. I read it again first and I feel that the places you marked have been well modified. If there is anything wrong, let's Let's talk about it."

  Based on his opinion of the script, compared with the previous one, this one is obviously more exciting. Several obtrusive places in the original script were removed and some conflicts were aggravated. The overall story is still very complete, but has the quality just improved?
  Laila took over the script.

  As she watched, Andrew was so nervous that he couldn't breathe smoothly, as if he was waiting for execution.

  Leonardo couldn't help but laugh at his look: "Why are you nervous?"

  "I, how can I be nervous!" Andrew said stiffly and wiped away the cold sweat.

  Leonardo took a few tissues from the table and handed them to him: "She won't eat you. As for the sweat on this head?"

  Andrew wiped his forehead silently, and the soft tissue was instantly covered with sweat drops. Wet, with such obvious traces, he couldn't open his mouth even if he wanted to deny it. He doesn't want to be so cowardly! But in front of me was Leila Moran! He is a living Hollywood legend, the kind of person destined to be remembered in documentaries. It's such an honor for her to read the script she wrote, okay?
  In fact, if they had shown Laila the script in advance and directly talked about the script when they arrived, he wouldn't have been so nervous.

  But the current situation is that they are waiting here, waiting for her to express her opinion after reading it, which is a bit too torturous.

  Andrew really didn't want to hear from his idol that the script was poorly written. He spent so long revising it carefully and thought he had done it perfectly. If this still didn't satisfy her, he doubted whether he would have the confidence to continue on the path of screenwriting.

  Laila didn't hear the conversation between them, as her attention was completely absorbed by the script at the moment. She has read this script for several months and has marked it carefully. She can be considered to have a good understanding of the entire script.

  And when I read it again this time, a deeper understanding came to my mind as I read it. For a director like her, the sentences she sees become images in her mind. Rather than simply watching a story, it directly constructs a world so that the characters active on the page are given real souls.

  A movie script actually doesn't have many words. In Chinese characters, it might cost 30,000 to 50,000. English characters take up more space than Chinese characters, and are less streamlined. The script will probably be one-third or even two-thirds thicker.

  But even so, it doesn't take much time to read a script briefly.

  Laila read it very quickly, and half an hour was almost enough for her to filter it carefully. And when she put down the script, she heard a gasp.

  You could tell whose mouth the voice came from without looking up. Laila politely did not comment on this and just pretended not to hear. If you ignore Andrew's flushed face, the atmosphere in the conference room was quite good.

  "How is it?" Leonardo eagerly wanted to know what she thought.

  Laila thought for a while and organized her words in her mind: "It's pretty good. I hope the changes are all very good."

  Andrew looked at her nervously, but did not relax because of her affirmation, because in his In my memory, words like this are usually followed by a "but"!
  However, that "but" did not follow Laila's next words. Instead, she directly talked about the shortcomings or misunderstandings in the script.

  "The processing here is still a bit stiff." Laila scratched out a plot on the script with a pen: "If you do this, it will indeed make the conflict of the plot more serious, and it will also cause many moviegoers to be unhappy. "

  Andrew listened to her talk about the script, and he finally broke away from the tension and was brought into the world of the script.

  Her words puzzled him: "Our script tells a story full of conflict. Do we need to care about the audience's feelings?" In his opinion, this is

  obviously an award-winning script. A script like this can not only reveal the world's The dark side of the film can show various conflicts to warn the world, so no one should care about its box office, right? In other words, no one expects it to achieve much box office success.

  Laila shook her head: "Of course. Don't forget who your movie is for. If the audience is dissatisfied with the movie, do you think they will still like you? The same plot can be accepted by the audience just by changing it. , then why not do it? In my mind, there is no rule that art films do not need box office, and commercial films do not need word of mouth. Since you want to make a film, you must make it the best. That is my purpose." Andrew looked at

  it She didn't even notice that her mouth opened subconsciously. He seemed to understand why her movies were liked by so many people and why she could make any movie very profitable. She is right. The same plot can give moviegoers different feelings as long as it is processed in different ways. It's inevitable and why not think about the audience?

  "It seems you understand what I mean." Laila looked at him and continued: "You are a writer, don't you hope that your scripts can create better profits? In business, if you don't even have this kind of Scripts can be made into commercial films, do you think your script will be loved by more people?"

  In Hollywood, no one dislikes scripts that can make money. Even if you don't make a lot of money, as long as you can make a small amount of money, there will be a lot of people rushing to do it.

  Andrew's heart beat rapidly at what she said. yes! He shouldn't be satisfied with selling the script. The impact of a losing script and a profitable script are completely different!

  What does a good script mean? Not just a meaningful story, but also one that can create profits!
  In other words, if it is a story with the same connotation, do you want to buy it at a low price that will not make money, or do you want to pay several times more to buy one that will have a good box office?
  This is what Laila means. It is also about writing a story. Without harming the context and theme of the story, why not write a movie that makes the "customers" more satisfied?
  "You're right!" Andrew nodded fiercely. He believes that today's exchange will definitely play an extremely important role in his future creative life. If he will become an excellent writer in the future, it must be the inspiration given to him by Laila!
  "If you change the description, do you think this would work?" He said another way, without changing the plot, using another narrative method to replace the parts that originally caused the audience discomfort.