Chapter 141 - 150

Chapter 141 Reluctance

  Laila glanced at the audience first, and then turned her attention to Cooper: "Mr. Cooper, I think you are right."

  "Huh?" One sentence stunned everyone. 

  wrong! There must be something wrong, otherwise how could you hear such words coming from Laila's mouth? Not only the people at the scene were confused, but the people sitting in front of the TV were also confused. Even Mr. Moran, who was following the live broadcast, and Janet, who had left a lot of things aside and wanted to stay in front of the TV, couldn't believe themselves. ears.

  Putting aside others, these people in the Moran family know her best. Laila hates and takes advantage of Cooper. This is correct, but where does it come from?

  Perhaps the most shocked person of all was Cooper herself. What was her purpose in saying this? He never believed that this little girl would be so innocent that she really thought he was treating her well.

  Until this time, he finally had a sense of crisis and finally felt that something was wrong. But it was impossible for him to stop her from speaking out at this time. He could only stare at her with a defensive look.

  In contrast, Laila did not act like she was facing a formidable enemy, but said with a reluctant expression of "having to": "You said that we young people can't listen to the words of our elders, I have to admit that it is true. For me, it makes me very happy and happy to see Cooper fulfill his promise because he lost the bet with me." Her

  words made countless people stagger in shock, completely unaware of what she was going to say. Something. If you were so happy and wanted to witness it, why did you interrupt them just now? If she hadn't interrupted him, I believe Cooper would have kissed the donkey's ass, right?

  The audience was so curious that they wished they could go on stage in person and urge her to finish her words in one breath.

  Lila changed her voice and continued to say reluctantly: "A few days ago, a reporter asked me some questions about the bet in front of the company. I admit that I hope to see Mr. Cooper fulfill the bet, but in That night, my grandfather called me and reprimanded me. He said that what I did was wrong. Without saying whether the final result of the bet is a win or a loss, you cannot handle things in a way that tramples on other people's dignity." 

  "I  was very unconvinced and asked my grandpa, if Mr. Cooper wins, will he not want me to fulfill the bet as grandpa asked? I believe it is impossible, right? After all, everyone knows about our relationship. And I'm not a person who can tolerate being bullied to the point of being bullied."

  "You!" Cooper was almost furious to death. What is this nonsense? Make him look miserable! Originally, he planned to pretend to be generous and forgive her if he won, okay? Let the heir of the Moran family kiss a donkey's butt, and he's not crazy!

  But after Laila said that, everyone would think that he was indeed what she said, and that if he won, he would ask her to fulfill the bet. Unfortunately, there is no way to prove this matter. Even if he stood up now and said that he would definitely cancel her kissing the donkey's butt, no one would believe it.

  Laila ignored him, sighed and continued: "Grandpa said, what others do is their business. We just need to make sure that we have a clear conscience for what we do. There is an old saying in the East, you have to be merciful and merciful. .Spit at the sky, and the saliva will fall on your face. I have to admit that grandpa is a very good talker, and his words also touched me. So Mr. Cooper, this is the bet between us this time End it."

  "What? How can that work!" Cooper was dumbfounded.

  How could the solution he finally came up with end like this? If he had heard her say that before, he would have happily opened the champagne to celebrate. But that's not the case at all now. He has brought the donkey here and is ready to lose face. He even colluded with people from FOX to help him, just to achieve his final goal.

  However, she didn't need to be embarrassed when she said this, but what she lost was far more than what she gained.

  You must know that there are at least tens of millions of viewers sitting in front of the TV station. Counting rebroadcasts, rebroadcasts, and Internet broadcasts, there may be hundreds of millions of people who can see this scene. They can all see that Cooper obviously lost the bet, but Was "given up" by a teenage girl!

  He, a grown man of several decades, was actually forgiven by a little girl! Isn't this kind of thing even more ugly than kissing a donkey's butt? I wonder what a good reputation Laila will get after today, and even her grandfather will get a good reputation. The only unlucky one is him, a loser, a clown, and an out-and-out joke!

  Cooper was going crazy. His eyes were red with extreme anger. He wished he could rush over and pinch the girl's neck immediately to let her know what it means to be an adult. It was not something that a little girl like her could do at will. Teasing!

  Laila looked at him, the corners of her mouth curled up slightly.

  He wanted to use this incident to gain favorability from the audience, which was too good a thought. It can't be denied that if Roy hadn't seen him, he might have succeeded, but now she was the one who won the final victory!
  Also to gain favor, she expressed her inner displeasure to the audience with a reluctant attitude, and also expressed her "respect" for her grandfather. After listening to her grandfather's advice, she reluctantly agreed not to ask him to fulfill the bet, which made her actions less abrupt and helped her old man to gain a good impression.

  Americans never like a person who is too perfect. They feel that he does not look like a real person. Looking at Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man, all superheroes have their own shortcomings. It can be said that an idol with flaws is the idol closest to them and the idol they will like.

  Laila deliberately pretended to be reluctant, just to create an image in the audience's mind that she was not someone who would forgive generously after being bullied by others. She is still a "child" and has her own temper. The reason why she forgives is just to follow the advice of her elders.

  Didn't you, Cooper, say that today's young people cannot listen to what their elders say? Look at Director Moran, he obviously didn't like it but still did what his elders told him to do. Is this called disobedience?

  Laila, who showed her "true temperament", and Mr. Moran, who was "kind", immediately made the audience feel that they were closer to each other.

  She has always given people a very cold feeling, mainly because she rarely appears in the media. There are even fewer opportunities for the old man to show up. Every time he appears, it means that something very important has happened. He is a person who truly shakes the United States whenever he sneezes. Now, under Laila's deliberate guidance, he has immediately transformed from a media tycoon into the image of a kind and kind-hearted grandfather.