Where were you? 2

Katsuki

"And where were you?"
...

"And where were you?" Izuku asked as I twiddle with my thumbs. 'Great.' I thought as I racked my brain for a solution out of this mess. My brain came up with different scenarios, lies something that could help as I stayed absolutely quiet, not realizing Izuku had asked me a question and is silently waiting for my answer.

I could not look him in the eye. His eyes held a dangerous and intimidating glint to them and I knew if I ever made eye contact with them, I would easily get flustered and pounce on him like he was my only source of living.

"I asked you a question." He seethed, snapping me from my daydream. I could not form any words, my heart was thumping rapidly against my ribcage. I could've sworn he heard it. Still I refused to look up, I just get all jittery and would start stuttering. God, what is this man doing to me.

I heard the subtle creak of the bed. 'Oh, gosh no, please don't get up. Please don't come near me.' Soon I heard the shuffling of feet as his cologne and natural musky scent collided and decided to violently assault my nostrils.

Sure enough he was standing right in front of me, completely towering over my short figure, staring me down. I could feel the intense gaze of his emeralds boring holes through my scalp, possibly even taking chunks of my hair along with. No wonder my head feels itchy. 'God this man is going to be the end of me.'

Me being well me, was still very stubborn with looking up at him. He reached his hand out and grasped my jaw, forcing my head up to look at him. "Look at me when I am talking to you Katsuki." His tone, aggravated as he clenched his jaw.

Mustering up the courage, I opened my mouth only to close it again when I saw another mysterious and amused glint pass in his eyes before they darkened again.

"I-i was with family." I said, though I stammered a bit before folding my arms and raising a brow at him.
He let go of my jaw, stepped away from me and looked me from head to toe. They way he looked at me was like he was doubting me, scrutinizing my very being as I stood there, my body falling stiff.

Finally after a few seconds of unbearable scrutinization he turned his back on me and got back on the bed, completely leaving me standing there as I tried to process the hell happened.

"Your pajamas are in the bathroom, on the laundry basket along with your llama slippers and eye mask." He told before turning the night lamp on the nightstand next to his side of the bed, off then closing his book and laying it there with he glasses on top, then laying down to sleep.

"Wow, so you really aren't going to say anything? Huh? Are you really going to lay there and not look at me or tell me goodnight?" I fumed, I felt my face contort into an expression of annoyance and disbelief.

"Goodnight." The nerve of this guy. "Are you not going to ask how my day was or how am I doing, or how Izura is? How my parents are or whether they are alive? Izuku do you really not care for me or your daughter anymore?" I felt tears run down my cheeks and fall onto the floor. Does really not love me anymore?

"I am not going to do this with you, Katsuki, goodnight." He said callously. I gulped as more tears gushed from my eyes.

"What do you mean you aren't going to do this with me?" I yelled. "Nevermind, go to sleep." Wow, just wow.

"No, I want to know what you meant 'by not going to do this', what aren't you going to do with me, huh?"

"You know what I meant to say, Katsuki, now go.to.sleep."

"I said no, what is with this attitude Izu, what changed? Where is the old Izuku that would fight for me, would track me down just to tell how much he loves me, huh? Where is that Izuku, my Izuku?"

"Maybe he is done fighting, maybe he just done trying." He said, getting up and looking at me. "Maybe he tired of fighting for someone who doesn't give two flying fucks about him. He has feelings too. He has fought till he couldn't no more. And you are here accusing me of not trying, well I hate to burst you bubble, Katsuki, but not everyone is as willing and has as much spirit as I have to keep trying to win you over, time and time again. I am tired of trying to love you, trying to make you see how much I care for you, only for you to use me and dump me like I am trash. You have completely discarded me feeling over and over like I am not human too. Do you even love me anymore?"

I went silent, for the first time since we've been together, I never heard Izuku pour his heart out to me as much as he did tonight. I never thought about how he felt, or how he was doing. I never really took his love and affection into consideration, I've only cared about my needs. My love, my happiness, my anger, my pain, my feelings. Never his.

I am such an asshole. Izuku has always put me first in our relationship, yet I didn't. 'I really messed up, big time.'
He turned from me again, his back facing me as he grumbled a tiny yet audible 'goodnight'. I sighed then wiped my tears as I walked towards the bathroom, got in and shut the door as I changed. 'i am such a douche bag.'

Once I was done changing, I opened the door and switched off our bedroom lights. I looked towards Izuku before getting on the bed. I got myself comfortable in bed and turned to Izuku, his back still facing me. "Izuku.." No response, I tried again this time I placed my hand on the sides of his rib and slightly shook him. "Babe..." Still no response. He shrugged off my hand.

Letting out a sigh, I got my phone off the nightstand by my side of the bed and quickly messaged Shoto, telling him that I have things to do and won't be able to make it to our sudden movie night. He replied with a thumbs up and said he had things to do as well then sent a message saying goodnight, I did too and turned off my phone, setting in the nightstand.

I turned to Izuku, scooting close to him and spoon him. I placed a gentle kiss on his back and whispered a goodnight before drifting off to sleep. I could've sworn I felt the bed dip and him turning to wrap his arms around me, meh, maybe just part of the dream I am having.