Come Back To Me.

Tommys POV
(Age: 19, Aurora: 17)

I groan lightly as I wake up, feeling Aurora snuggling into my chest more. "Morning, love." I greet huskily, tracing my hand up and down her bare back, the sheets pooled around her waist which is my favourite sight to wake up to. "Morning." She greets back lowly, raising her head so our lips meet.

I kiss her slowly, rolling her onto her back, her bare chest meeting mine. I grip her thigh, raising it around my hip as I line myself up with her. "Really, Tom? We've just woke up." She smiles, shaking her head knowingly. "It's not my fault I can't get enough of you." I say, starting to move my hips.

"Fuck." She moans, her head throwing back onto pillow. I lower my head so my lips meet her neck, kissing her skin softly. "Tommy." She moans and I chuckle. "Yes, my love?" I ask, thrusting my hips slowly. "Go harder." She tells me and I shake my head.

"Nope." I say, looking at her. I grab her hands in mine, raising them above her head. "Tommy, please." She begs and I grin. "I love it when you beg me." I trail my lips against her jaw. "It's the only time I will." She tells me firmly and I chuckle. "I highly doubt that, baby." I say.

******

"Okay, that is not what happened." John groans, shaking his head as the rest of us laugh at him. "Leave him alone." Aurora says and John gives her a grateful look. "Hey, Arthur, Tommy, John. You've all got letters." Finn tells us as he hands us each an envelope.

I remove my arm from around Aurora, ripping open the envelope. My face drops as I read over the letter before I look up and see Arthur and John's faces. "Boys, what's wrong?" Polly asks, taking in our faces. Aurora takes the letter from me and gasps in shock. "No." She shakes her head, standing up as she leans against the counter.

"We've been called for war, Pol." Arthur tells her and she and Ada gasp. "Oh my god." Ada says. "Oh, my boys." Polly says solemnly as I don't take my eyes off Aurora. "When?" Polly asks. "Tomorrow." John says, lowly as Arthur starts to pace. I stand up and walk over to Aurora, wrapping my arms around her from behind.

"I'm sorry, baby." I whisper in her ear, burying my head in the crook of her neck. "It's not your fault." She says lowly, sniffling. "I don't want to go, Pol." John says sadly and she gets up and hugs him. "I know, darling. But...you have too. And you'll have your brothers with you. You'll protect each other and come back to us. All three of you." She says firmly.

"Pol, what if we can't do it?" Arthur asks her. "You can. You're Shelby's. The strongest family there is, maybe apart from the Steeles. But you're together and you'll make sure your baby brothers survive." She tells him. "I'm going to miss you." She says softly.

"Come with me." I say to Aurora softly, leading her upstairs to my room as I feel everyone's eyes on us. "Are you okay?" I ask her and she starts crying. I wrap my arms around, letting her cry into my chest. "It'll be okay. I promise." I tell her. "I don't want you to go." She whispers.

"I know, baby. I don't want to go either. I don't want to leave you." I tell her, taking her face in my hands. "What if you don't come back to me?" She asks sadly. "I will. Okay, I will. I promise. How can I leave you? My girl, eh. I love you, and there's nothing that will stop me from being with you, you got that?" I say firmly.

"Yeah." She says softly. "Listen. This is your business now, okay? You run it. You show everyone that you're brave and you're Tommy Shelby's girl." I tell her. "Promise me you'll come back to me because I'm not ready to let you go." She says and I nod. "I'll come back. And then, we run Birmingham together." I tell her.

"The king and queen of Small Heath, eh?" She says grinning and I smirk. "To damn right, baby. My Queen." I say possessively.

******

Next morning

I finish getting dressed in my uniform when Aurora comes up behind me and wraps her arms around my waist. "You look handsome." She tells me and I grin. "Don't feel like me though." I tell her as I turn around.

"You still look good." She says fixing my jacket as I stare at her. "You're so beautiful." I say and she chuckles. "I have something for you." She says handing me an envelope. I open it up and a smirk comes over my lips when I see what's inside. "Shit, baby." I say as I look at the burlesque pictures she had done of her in lingerie and there's one of the two of us.

"You like 'em?" She asks knowingly. I grab her waist, bringing her against me. "I love them." I tell her, kissing her deeply. "Something to keep you going over there." She tells me. "Thank you. Exactly what I need." I say smiling. "I love you, Tommy." She says softly. "I love you, Ror." I reply.

"Tommy! We've got to go!" Arthur yells up to me. I sigh as I grab my bag, taking Auroras hand in mine. "Let's go." I say and she nods, following behind me.

******

The train station is full of men in army uniforms, getting ready to board the train. Loved ones surround us, crying and begging for them not to go. "Now, you boys do your best to be safe. You come back to us. All three of you. You hear me?" Polly tells us sternly as I stand with my arms wrapped around Aurora.

"We promise Pol." Arthur says. "Pol, do you mind watching my kids? I don't like being away from them." John says sadly and Polly nods as Arthur hugs Finn and Ada. "I will. I promise." Polly tells him. "Thank you." John says in gratitude.

I look down at Aurora who's has silent tears falling down her cheeks. "Hey." I call her softly making her look up at me. I gently wipe her cheeks, smiling softly. "I love you." I tell her. "I love you more." She says. "I highly doubt that." I say and she chuckles.

"I'm coming back to you, Ror. I promise." I promise her. "You better, because I'll be waiting. Right here." She says crying and I lean down to kiss her, savouring the feel of her lips on mine one last time. "Never leave me, Ror." I whisper and she nods. "I'm all yours, Thomas Shelby." She whispers back.

The train whistle blows signalling it's time to go. "Fuck. Alright, brothers. Here we go." Arthur says as everyone says goodbye one more time. "Rory, you show everyone who's boss for us, eh." Arthur says, hugging her tightly. "I will, Art. Kick some ass over there okay?" She tells him and he smirks.

"I'm gonna miss you." John says, hugging her next as I say goodbye to Polly. "Look after her for me, Pol." I tell her lowly and Polly nods. "I will." She promises. I move back over to Aurora, kissing her one last time before I grab my bag and walk away with Arthur and John. I look back at my girl once more before climbing onto train, feeling my heart break at not being with her.

I'll come home, baby.