Father Hughes.

Auroras POV

Tommy left me and Michael outside of uncle Charlie's yard in a rush before he drove away without another word. Huffing, I rub my tired eyes as I walk into the yard I had grown up in as a child. I sigh seeing Arthur and John waiting, Michael following behind me. John smiles at me, pulling me into his side as I shiver. "You cold, bestie?" He asks quietly and I only nod.

Without a second thought, John takes off his jacket and wraps it around me as I thank him. I give him a small smile before I rest my head on his shoulder. "I was, uh- this morning I was out on the road with Rory and Tommy. I killed a man. Tommy needed cover, and the guy was gonna attack Rory." Michael tells them as Arthur stands to his feet, towering over Michael as he nods. "What did he give you?" He asks. Michael pulls out the gun from his waistband, showing it to Arthur. "He said it was good for close range." Michael replies.

"You're better with my Smith and Wesson." Arthur tells him. "No, no. This is mine now. Feels part of me hand." Michael defends, tears gathering in his eyes. "Where'd you hit him?" John asks, rubbing his hand up and down my arm. "I hit him on the side of the head after Rory kicked him down to his knees." Michael answers. "How was you when he went down?" Arthur asks him. "Tommy said I did alright." Michael responds, pain laced across his voice.

"This is where we think Charles is being held." John says as he hands me a piece of paper as I breath out shakily. "They're not expecting anybody so you should be alone. There's two good men there. You do what they say." Arthur explains, pointing to the men in the dugout behind us. "But I fire the bullet, right?" Michael confirms. "Yes, you can be there but it's better if they do it. See these are experienced men, Michael. Rory, the minute you get your boy, call Finn and tell him." Arthur demands softly, looking at me.

Absorbing the information, Michael nods but I know he's going to disobey the orders. "Alright." Michael nods, holding his arm out for me. I hand John back his jacket before squeezing Arthur's arm as I walk past. I take Michaels arm as he calls for the other two guys. "Michael, watch our girl!" Arthur shouts out.

******

Michale walks into the church, as I follow closely behind, both of us with our guns out. I sigh as Michaels shaky breaths increase and to no avail causing father Hughes to walk out of the room he was in. My heart stops as I hear the sound of Charles coming from inside.

Cocking his gun, Michael shook heavily as he edged closer to the priest. "What do you think you're doing, boy?" Father Hughes spat, raising his hands when Michael jabs the gun into his eye. "Please don't." He begs. "Please don't shoot. Please don't. Please." Shaking my head, I let out a growl. "For fucks sake!" I hiss. Father Hughes raises his arm, knocking Michael to the floor with him as they begin to fist fight.

I hear a cry and run into the room. I see Charles and pick him up in my arms, looking him over for injuries but I see he is unharmed, thankfully. I hear a bang outside the door as I look down at Charles. "It's okay, mummy's here. I'm here okay?" I whisper, pecking his cheek.

Feeling him pull on my hair, I smile gently at him. "Mummy." He says as I hear yells and without a second thought, I rush out to where the car is, where two Blinders are and I hand Charles to Scudboat. "Ring Finn. Tell him Charles is safe. Do not let him out of your sight." I demand before rushing back in. I follow the shouts and skid to a stop as I see Michael being beaten on the ground by father Hughes.

I rush towards them, anger filling my body as I grab his collar, and yank him back, sending him into the wall. I step in front of Michael as father Hughes gets up and goes for me. I manage to get a few hits in as does he before I kick him back. He goes to go for me again when a gunshot rings out and Michael let's out a loud scream of terror as he watches the priest fall to the floor.

I turn around to Michael, holding my hand out. He takes it and I pull him into me, his arms wrap tightly around my waist as he sobs into my stomach. I gently rub his back, running my other hand through his hair. "It's over. He's gone, it's over." I whisper, feeling tears drip down my cheeks as he holds me tighter, his cries becoming louder.

******

Walking into the betting shop the next morning, I don't feel like me. I open the door and allow Michael to carry Charles inside as I have blood on me. Charles let's out a loud cry, catching the attention of Polly and Ada who rushes to pick the child out of Michaels arms, cooing at him as he cries. Polly glances towards Michael, seeing the pained look on his face and pulls him tightly into a hug before she glances over his shoulder and sees me.

Feeling my knees beginning to buckle, I make my way to the stairs and sit down, leaning back against the wall. Wordlessly, Michael turns out of Polly's hold and walks out of the betting shop. Staring down at me, Polly let's out a sob. "My fucking god, look at you." She says in shock. I don't say anything as she frowns and walks away, picking up the phone.

******

Tommys POV

I rush into the betting shop after getting a call from Polly about Aurora and Charles. "Daddy." Charlie calls and relief fills me as I pick him up, holding him in my arms. "Eh, my boy. You're okay. You're okay." I say quietly, holding him tightly. "Where's Ror?" I ask Polly who nods to the stairs. "Mummy okay?" Charlie asks me. "Yeah, mummy's okay. She's just tired." I tell him.

I place Charles down and walk over to the stairs, seeing Aurora just staring at nothing, blood over her clothes and face, barely blinking. "Baby?" I say lowly as I kneel on the step in front of her. Her eyes move to mine and a tear slips out.

"Come on. Let's get you cleaned up." I say, grabbing her arms and helping her stand up. I help her walk up the stairs and into our old room. I rush over to the bath, running the water before I turn around to Aurora who's staring off again. "Let's get these off, eh." I say and she turns around, allowing me to unzip her dress.

I let it drop to the floor before I undo her bra as she drops her head back onto my shoulder. I gently kiss her neck as I grip her panties and push them down her legs. "Come on, in you get." I say taking her hand and helping her into the tub before I quickly strip of my clothes. I nudge her forward gently before climbing in behind her.

I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her back to me, grabbing a washcloth and begin to wash the blood off of her. Her head drops back again, her hand coming to grip mine that holds her waist. I glance at her, seeing tears silently dripping down her cheeks. "It's okay. I've got you, baby. I've got you." I tell her gently, pulling her tighter against me.