A Glass Of Water.

Tommys POV

Three years later.

"Mama." JJ voice sounds out from behind Arthur and Finn, who turns and lifts JJ as Arthur lifts Charlie into their laps. "Mum, what's a fuck?" Charlie asks Aurora  who looks at him in shock. "A glass of water." Finn blurts and Aurora face palms, shaking her head as me and Arthur burst out laughing.

"Where did you hear that word, munchkin?" Aurora asks Charlie who points at Arthur and Aurora glares at him. "It means a glass of water. Now boys, when you see a pretty lady, you go over and ask for one." Arthur chuckles, ignoring the glare his best friend is sending him.

"Lizzie's pretty. Can I ask her for a fuck?" Charlie asks. "Yeah, why don't you go do that, right now." Finn says and Charlie gets placed on the floor. "Idiots." Aurora grumbles slapping the back of their heads before she follows Charlie as Finn carries JJ.

"Lizzie." Charlie says, climbing into her lap. "You alright, hun?" Lizzie asks. "Can I have a fuck?" Charlie asks making Lizzie shocked as Isaiah, Finn and Arthur start to laugh whilst Aurora glares at them. "Munch, why don't you ask Lizzie nicely?" Aurora says to Charlie . "Can I have a glass of water, please?" Charlie asks and Lizzie nods, taking his hand, walking out of the room as Aurora starts attacking the boys who couldn't stop laughing.

"What the hell happened?" Polly asks. "JJ asked what a fuck was and Finn told him if meant a glass of water." Arthur clarifies, as he catches Aurora hands restraining her with a smirk as she continues to try and hit him. "Calm down, love." He tells her as she still struggles against him. "Arthur, let me go." She growls. "Are you going to calm down?" He asks her.

"What do you think?" She retorts. "I take that as a no." Arthur states, still holding her wrists. "I didn't even do anything. Finn told him." He defends. "Finns the baby." Aurora argues. "Arthur told him to ask a pretty lady. I just laughed because it was fucking hilarious." Arthur says, chuckling as she tries to hit him again.

"Come on." I say, pulling her away. "Those fuckers." She glares at Arthur as I drag her away slightly. "Do they like to get fucks too?" Charlie asks walking in. "Yes." Arthur says, being smacked by Ada as I wrap my arms round Aurora who looks as though she's about to murder my brothers and Isaiah who are still in fits of laughter.

"Let it go, baby." I whisper. "But they-" she starts but I cut her off. "I know, I know. But let it go, we'll talk to him when they're gone, alright?" I say quietly, feeling her relax in my arms. "Yeah." She agrees. "I'm still mad at you three and if he wasn't here, I would cut all three of you." She threatens.

"Never thought I'd see the day she'd listen to someone when they told her to calm down. She's fucking stubborn." Finn whispers to Arthur and Isaiah. "What was that, Finn Shelby?" Aurora asks, raising her eyebrow. "Nothing, Ro." Finn replies but I know she heard him.

"You can't stay mad for too long." Finn smirks picking up JJ and spinning around making him giggle. "You love us too much. Especially when we teach your kids very useful things." Arthur adds. "Arthur, unless you want your fake death to become a real one...I suggest you close your mouth." Ada says as Aurora's fist clench.

******

Aurora's POV

"Come on Rory. We need to go vote." Ada says as she walks into the betting shop where I'm checking the books. "I can't." I reply. "What?" Ada questions. "I'm not old enough." I tell her. "That's bullshit, even Finn can vote." Arthur says. "Women have to be over thirty to vote. I'm twenty-eight." I remind him.

"Fuck that." Arthur says pulling my out of my chair. "We're the Peaky fucking Blinders." He reminds me, placing my cap onto my head and pushing me in the car. "Don't think that name means too much in politics, Arthur." I tell him as everyone gets into their cars.

"Maybe not, but it means shit in Birmingham, which is where we are voting." Linda adds. "Fair enough." I mumble as we drive off. "Now who are you? Or have you fucking forgotten?" Arthur asks me. "I'm Aurora Shelby." I reply. "Who are you?" Arthur questions. "Aurora Steele-Shelby." I answer.

"Who?" He continues. "Aurora fucking Steele-Shelby." I say. "Atta girl." Arthur smiles. "Who are you with?" He adds. "My family." I reply. "Who?" He asks. "The Peaky fucking Blinders." I smirk as we get out of the car. "Excuse me, ma'am." Someone says stopping me. "What?" I ask bluntly. "Are you old enough to be here?" He asks.

"Do you know who I am?" I ask and he shakes his head. "I'm Aurora fucking Shelby. Now, are you going to let me through? Or are you wanting to lose your vision?" I threaten. "Go through." He gulps. "That's what I thought." I say walking past him.

Looking down at the sheet in front of me, I don't even look at the other names. I just grab a pen and tick the box next to Tommys name before replacing the pen back and place my vote into the box.

******

It was results day. The family were dressed up and we're all currently stood in a large room with all the other candidates families, waiting for them to reveal the votes tally. "Ronald Carr, conservative: 3412. Bernard Hall, liberal: 4015. Michael Ross, communist: 6406. Thomas Shelby, Labour Party: 48564." The man announces over the radio and a large burst of cheer comes from our family.

Tommy smirks at me as I shake my head but embrace him anyway. "I'm proud of you." I whisper in his ear before I pull away. "Thank you, love." He says, kissing me. Everyone starts to congratulate him and my boys run over to me, wrapping there small arms around my legs.