I'm Sorry, baby.

Tommys POV

I walk into the Garrison, hearing my brothers and Aurora laughing and joking from inside the snug. I walk up to the bar, seeing Grace cleaning out some glasses. "Glass of whiskey." I say firmly making her jump. "Off course, Mr Shelby." She says, pouring me a glass.

"You ever been to the races, Grace?" I ask and she shakes her head. "No." She tells me. "Good. Well, I'm extending a formal invitation for you to come to the races." I tell her and I see her lips tilt up. "With you? What about your girlfriend, isn't she going?" She asks hopefully. "Yes, she is. With me." I tell her firmly.

"I haven't got a dress, Mr Shelby." She says and I sigh, pulling some money out of my pocket. "How much?" I ask her. "Two pounds and ten shillings." She tells me and I place the money on the bar. "Buy a red dress." I tell her, knowing Kimber likes red. "Okay." She says smiling.

I pick up my glass and walk to the snug, not looking back. "Here he is. Fucking finally." Arthur cheers as I sit down next to Aurora, wrapping my arm around her shoulder. "Hi baby." I say, kissing her. "Do you two think you can go one day without doing that?" John asks and I scoff.

"No, I can't." I tell him as Aurora links her finger with mine, smirking. "Did you ask her?" She asks me lowly as Arthur and John continue their conversation. "Yep. She asked if I was taking her." I tell her and she scoffs. "Cheeky bitch." She grumbles. "Don't worry. I put her in her place." I assure her.

"You better have or she's gonna end up with a broken jaw." She warns and I smirk. "You're so violent." I say. "Would you have me any other way?" She asks and I shake my head. "You're perfect as you are." I tell her before kissing her again. "Oh for fucks sake. Seriously, you two?" Arthur scoffs and Aurora raises her middle finger at him.

******

Races day.

I sit on the edge of my bed, watching Aurora as she straightens her dress. It's a really gorgeous dress that hugs her body, reaching down to mid thigh. It's a thin strapped, mint green silk dress and it dips in the middle of her chest, showing some cleavage with a thigh split. "You look amazing, baby. Sexy." I compliment, biting my lip as I run my eyes over her.

Aurora laughs, looking over her shoulder and winks at me cheekily. "I am so not used to wearing this sort of stuff. I miss my Peaky cap." She grins, fixing her dress in the mirror. "You look good in that cap." I smirk as she shakes her head. She's also wearing a bit of makeup making her look more dolled up than usual.

She walks over to the bed, sitting down on the edge to put her black heels on. I lean close to her, brushing her hair aside to press kisses to her neck. She sighs softly, tilting her head more for me. "You look beautiful, Ror." I whisper in her ear and she smiles. "Thank you. You look very handsome." She says and I grin as we stare into each other's eyes.

******

John's POV

Me and Aurora walk around the corner, my arms out as I grin. I see Arthur stepping out of the van as we join him and walk to where the rest of the Peaky Blinders are. He jumps onto a wooden bench, looking around at everyone. "Attention!" He says in a sing-song voice. "Right, this is what's known as your final briefing before going over the top." He says as two lads place a wooden box in front of him.

"Sixty miles down that road is the Cheltenham race track." He points. "Johnny, what's our mission, boy?" He asks me. "To stick it to the Lee family, Arthuuuur!" I shout leaning back before I wink at Aurora who chuckles. "That's right." Arthur smiles. "The Lees are skimming money off the legal bookies. Running chalk, selling raffles, then beating them as they won't buy. But today, we're going to stop them."