Charity Dinner.

Auroras POV

I sit in an armchair, reading one of my books with my glasses on that I now need hearing the door open. I look up as Finn and Isaiah strut into the living room, a box in Finns hand as he smirks at me. "Ro, Tommy gave us a gift to give to you." He tells me. I close my book over and smirk over at the two boys, my eyes landing on the box.

It's a white box with a white thick ribbon tied around it and a note stuck on top. "Said it was top secret stuff and had to get it to you immediately." Finn tells me. I stand up and take the box from his hands and watch as the two of them sit on the couch, watching me. Rolling my eyes, I sit back in the armchair and undo the ribbon, before I undo the envelope and begin to read.

'Aurora, my love.

I am writing to you as the phones are being watched over and this is disclosed business information that currently only you and I know. Father Hughes is coming for all of us. He has threatened the life of our son and you if I am to make communication with Ada because of her communists connections.

Arch Duke Romonav has payed with a sapphire and that woman we met, Tatiana, is his niece who I, hopefully, plan to con. Inside this box is a dress to the Shelby Charity Dinner I hope you like it. I love you.

See you tonight, your Tommy.'

Swallowing thickly, I glance up to the see the three boys still looking at me. "He said he's brought me a dress for the ball tonight." I tell them, sighing. "Well, come on. Open it, Rory." Isaiah encourages. Pulling the top off the box, I'm greeted to a black dress and my lips tilt up. I pull it out of the box and look at it. It's a black, silk, off the shoulder dress, with a tight corset laced with gems, with a high thigh split. Underneath in the box, lay a small diamond hair piece with a blue sapphire necklace.

"He knows you well, Rory." Isaiah says as I just nod. "Alright you two. Go on, get out of here. You've got to get ready and I'll see you there." I tell them as they nod, standing up and walking out.

******

Polly had left a few minutes ago as I finish putting on my heels. I tucked the front of my hair behind my ears, clipping so they stay and leaving my hair straight with the diamond hairpiece clipped onto my right side. The dress hugs my curves perfectly and makes my ass look great. My makeup is simple but I coated my lips in a red lipstick making my lips look bigger.

A hand is placed over my eyes and I grin. "Guess who?" I hear John ask me. "That wouldn't be my John Shelby would it?" I ask as he takes his hand away from my eyes and looks at me over my shoulder in the mirror. "You look stunning." He compliments. Smiling softly, I turn around to face him. "Thank you. You look very handsome." I tell him.

"Jesus, Rory." He groans looking in my eyes. "What?" I ask. "You like a film star." He says and I smirk. "I know." I smirk and he smirks back, wrapping his arm around my waist. "You're a little minx, you know that?"He says, pecking my cheek quickly before he walks me out to his car.

******

Walking into the big open room, my hand in the crook of Johns arm, I let my eyes dance over the crowd, watching as they turn to look at me. Walking towards us, Arthur gives me a big bear hug. "Arthur, let her go." Linda, Arthur's wife, spat in disgust. Letting me go, Arthur moves to Linda's side and places a forced smile on his face. "Linda. I didn't know you were here. I thought you had bible study." I say making John snort.

"No, not today. But the church has said a lot of nice things about you." Linda smiles politely. I nod slowly, looking her up and down. "Oh, they've told me a lot about you too. None of it interesting." I say as John turns away to hide the laugh that spilled out making Linda glare at him. I walk around her, squeezing Arthur's arm as I pass.

I stop after I pass them and look around before my eyes land on Tommy, seeing him already looking at me. He looks me up and down and I see his lips tilt up before I walk over to him, seeing Tatiana. "Aurora." She says as I stop in front of them. "Tatiana. I didn't know we was letting wannabes in." I say as Tommy wraps his arm around my waist, pecking my head.

"You look nice." She tells me politely, ignoring my dig and I smile a little. "Yeah. My husband got it for me. He knows me very well." I say glancing at Tommy who hasn't taken his eyes off of me. "That's a beautiful sapphire." She complements, nodding at my necklace. "Thank you." I nod back.

"You're brave for wearing a necklace that big." She tells me and I nod. "Yeah, I'm not used to it." I say as I hear my name being called. "Ro!" I hear Finn and I roll my eyes. "Excuse me while I go and smack him." I say walking off. I glance over my shoulder to see Tommy still staring at me as Tatiana continues to talk.

I smirk as I walk over to Finn, seeing Isaiah talking with him. "Hello boys." I say and they look at me, their eyes widening. "Holy shit, Ro. You look good." Finn tells me and I smile. "Yeah, he's right. You look gorgeous." Isaiah agrees. "Thank you. You both look handsome." I compliment and they both blush.

"Dinner is served." A man announces as John walks over to me and offers me his arm and pulls me towards Arthur and Michael as Finn and Isaiah follow. "You look beautiful, Rory. Black is definitely your colour." Michaels tells me, winking at me and I chuckle.

John pushes his face away, his eyebrows scrunching. "You never got over our Aurora, eh Michael?" Arthur teases clipping his ear, before the boys begin to walk to the dining room. I go to follow but Tommy rushes over to me and tries to take my necklace off. "Tommy, what's wrong?" I ask him.

"You need to take this off." He says frantically making me confused as I hear footsteps. I turn my head and see a man raising a gun in our direction. He fires and the bullet goes through my stomach. I see Arthur tackle the man as I place a hand on my stomach and lift my hand to see blood coating it. "For Angel!" The man shouts as I start breathing heavily.

Tommy POV

The bullet goes straight through Aurora's stomach and I go still in shock. "T-Tom." She stutters, pain laced in her voice. "Baby." I whisper, catching her as she falls. I lower my self down with her, her blood leaking onto my shirt as I press against her wound.

"Get me a fucking ambulance!" I scream as i hold my girl in my arms. John helps Arthur beat the life at the man who fired the gun before they turn around and see me. Aurora starts shaking, her hand on top of mine as she grows pale and her eyes close shut.

"No. No. Baby, keep your eyes open. Come on, open those beautiful green eyes of yours for me, eh. Come on, Ror!" I beg, holding her tightly to me. "Rory, open your fucking eyes!" Arthur yells as he runs over with John. Michael, Isaiah and Finn rush over to us and they look at Aurora in shock. "No, Ro." Finn mumbles sadly as we wait.

"Ada!" Arthur screams and she rushes over to us, looking at Aurora in shock. "Did you call the ambulance?" Michael asks and she nods. "Yeah, a few minutes they said." She tells us as I don't take my eyes off my girl. "Finn, Isaiah. Come with me. We need to make sure they're ain't anymore wops." Arthur growls as he stands up, the two boys following him.

"Tommy, she's going to be okay." Michael tells me. "She needs to be. I need my girl. Charles needs his mum. Baby, please open your eyes." I try again but she doesn't move, her blood seeping down onto my hand and the floor. "Oh god." John mutters, staring down at it. "Baby, please." I beg, tears rolling down my cheeks, holding her close to me but her eyes still don't open.