John!

Aurora's POV

"Michael's here, Mrs Shelby." Mary tells as I walk down the stairs. I nod as I shrug on my jacket. "Thank you. Can you keep an eye on Charlie please? Tommy's in his office dealing with the family." I tell her. "Off course, Mrs Shelby." She says, walking past me. I walk out of the house, seeing Michaels car.

I open the passenger side door and climb in. "Merry Christmas, Michael." I greet as he starts to drive off. "Merry Christmas, Rory." He greets back. "How you been?" I ask. "Been better. How you been?" He asks. "Tired and busy. This Mafia business is getting to me." I tell him truthfully.

"Tell me about it." He murmurs. "How's Polly doing?" I ask concerned. "Not good. She claims she's seeing spirits." He tells and I frown at him. "Oh, not this again." I grumble making Michael look at me confused. "She's done this before?" He questions. "Yeah. A few years before you came back." I tell him and he sighs.

"I don't know how to help her, Rory." He says quietly and I place my hand over his which he grips tightly. "I don't think anyone does, Michael. The only one who can help her is herself." I tell him and he nods. "Yeah, I know. Just not used to her like this." He tells me. "I know but that's Polly for ya." I say, looking out the window.

******

We arrive at John and Esmes and I see her storming out as Michael gets out of the car. I climb out and she's gives me a small as I hug her. "Hey, Esme." I greet. "Hey, Rory." She says softly before she turns her glare on Michael.  "Tell Tommy Shelby we can look after ourselves!" She spat. "Tommy says that they could come for us today, Esme." Michael beckons as John walks over and pecks my cheek.

"Tommy says, Tommy says. Are you his fucking parrot?" Esme yells. "Look, it's the fucking Mafia! This is the New York mafia we're talking about." Michael yells. "And we're the Peaky fucking Blinders." John says as I feel a sick feeling growing in my stomach. "No, we're not, John. We're not the Peaky fucking Blinders unless we're together." Michael drawls. "We were together in the gallows with one man missing." Esme growls.

"John. John, come to the meeting, for Rory. Think about the kids. Come to the meeting and if you want to leave, fine." Michael suggests. "No. It's Christmas Day. We're the family now, we're staying at home." Esme growls as I glance towards a horse carriage with piles of hay. John steps forward just as Michael manages to push Esme towards the house. My eyes widen in shock as I see men appear out of the hay with guns in their hands.

John turns with speed, shielding me with his back turned towards them as I let out a scream. John drops to the ground taking me with him and I quickly turn, taking his face in my hands, blood all over my dress. "J-John." I stutter as he looks up at me. "I-I l-love y-you, b-bestie." He stutters before he goes limp.

"Noooo!" I scream as Esme runs out, looking at John and Michael in shock. "Call an ambulance!" I yell to Esme who quickly stumbles back into the house. "John! John! Please, I need you." I beg as I lay my head against his. "Ahhhhhhh!!!" I scream feeling physical pain rush through me as I cling to John.

******

I walk into the morgue feeling numb and weak. Michael had made it out alive but had been rushed to the hospital due to blood loss. I open the doors, tears instantly coming back down my cheeks as I see Johns body. Arthur struggles to hold his cries as Tommy remains emotionless.

I walk over, not looking at Arthur or Tommy who I barge past and stand beside John. I let out a strangled sob as I grab his cold hand in mine, rubbing my thumb back and forth. "My John. He's gone." I say lowly, my voice shaking. "Give me a minute with him, please." I ask the boys who nod.

Tommy walks out as Arthur squeezes my arm before leaving, shutting the door behind him. I run my hand down Johns arm before I stop at his hand, seeing the ring I gave to him when we were teenagers. I slowly slip it off and onto my thumb before I look back up at him. "Oh, this hurts." I whisper, feeling my heart break.

"I love you, bestie. You are the bestest friend I could ever ask for and I will always, always love you. You will always be my one and only best friend." I cup his face in my hands, feeling them shake. "I don't know how I can do this without you. You're my brother, John. You have been since I first met you. You'll always be my brother. I'll never let go of you. I'll never let go, I promise." I say before I lean down and kiss his forehead. I look him over one last time before I let go of his hand for the last time and I walk away, feeling my heart break.

Tommys POV

Me and Arthur are still standing there as Aurora walks out and past us. She doesn't get far as she stumbles into the wall and fall to the ground, screaming and crying in pain. Me and Arthur look at each other before I walk over to her and cradles her in my arms.

"I can't." She cries, gripping onto me as I hold her tightly. "I know, baby. I know." I say lowly. "It hurts so much." She tell me as she shakes, my heart breaking at the sight of her. "My best friend is gone." She cries, burying herself into me as I hold onto her tightly. Arthur walks over and wraps his arms around her on the other side, the three of us just sitting on the cold floor together.