No One Ever Remembers My Birthday.

Auroras POV

On the day of Polly's birthday, I sit in the betting shop, sitting on top of Johns desk as I talk to Arthur. Tommy went back to London and came back today, this time without me. Mainly, because Alfie had requested I had come back to London with Tommy which he didn't like.

I wanted to go because I didn't mind Alfie, but Tommy said no and left without me. I really feel like punching him all because he's jealous that Alfie likes me and prefers me to him. I had called Alfie to tell him I wasn't coming because of Tommy, and Alfie wasn't particularly happy with him.

"And I threw him in the bloody cut!" Arthur exclaims, waving his hand about as if to show me what he was talking about. I let out a snort of laughter, and glance back at John who rolls his eyes at his brother. John murmurs something to himself and I couldn't hear what as the betting shop breaks into a loud applause. Polly walks through the doors looking around in pure confusion.

Tommy walks out of his office and over to Polly, wrapping his arm around her and begins to guide her into the betting shop. "When did you get back?" Polly asks him, looking over at me with a smile, and I give her a smile back. "Get back to work!" Arthur grumbles to the workers who have stopped and looked at us and the room picks up its noise again.

"Wouldn't want to miss your birthday, Pol." Tommy says grinning. "How did you know it was my birthday? Nobody ever knows apart from Aurora." Polly asks confused. "Ah, it's different this year. We've got a surprise for you. John, Finn, bring the car around." Tommy instructs. John stands up and presses a kiss to my cheek before he walks away with Finn. "Where are we going?" Polly question Tommy. "To unwrap your birthday present." Tommy replies, as I stand up and we walk out to the car.

I glance at the Bentley and notice there isn't going to be enough room for all of us. "I'll wait here." I tell them as I begin to walk back into the house but Polly catches my arm. "Please. I need you there so I don't have a fucking heart attack." Polly pleads and I slowly nod, looking at John. "Come on, bestie. You can sit on my lap." He says smirking. I take Johns hand and allow him to pull me onto his lap but not before I notice Tommy's clenched jaw.

Tommy begins to drive through Small Heath, Arthur sitting in the front beside him, Finn squashed into the corner right with Polly in the middle and John in the corner, a smug smirk on his face as I bite my lip to stop myself from smirking. The car pulls up along a row of houses and all of us pile out of the car. Arthur glances around as we walk up to a big house and waves at the neighbours. "Good morning!" He calls and they look at him weirdly making me and John chuckle under our breath.

We walk up to the front door, Tommys arm wrapped around my waist as he whispers naughty things in my ear making me smirk. "Stop." I grumble making him chuckle. Arthur unlocks the door, holding it open as the rest of us walk in before he follows behind us. Polly walks through it with a smile, looking around at the house that has so much more room than the small one in Small Heath. "You said you were going to buy Ada a house." She says, running her hand over the silk on the couch.

"Yep. That's right. I did. Just had a bit of cash left over." Tommy replies as I glance around the house, my eyes widening when I feel his hand creep under my dress, his fingers teasing the inside of my thighs. "Pack it in." I warn him lowly. "I'm not doing anything." He says innocently. "You know exactly what you're doing, Thomas Shelby." I whisper to him. "I don't see you pushing my hand away." He says smirking and I roll my eyes but don't move his hand.

"This is ours?" Polly asks in disbelief. "No, Pol. This is yours." I tell her, smiling softly. "Because you deserve it." Tommy adds. Polly's smile falls as she looks at each of us, walking over to place her bag on the couch. "What would I do with all of these rooms?" She asks as Tommy raises his eyebrow, huffing a little as he rocks on his heel. "Well, you could relax, for one. Come here at weekends. There's a garden, eh? You love gardens." He says as he walks over to a window and pulls the curtain back.

"You could grow roses Pol, I don't know, have a piano. Have people around and you could have a singsong, eh?" Tommy suggests to her. "God help the bloody neighbours." John scoffs lowly. "Fuck the neighbours." Me and Arthur say in unison and he grins, before he holds out the key and hands it to Polly.

"Welcome home, Pol." He says softly as I notice she looks upset about something and it's not this. Something else is bothering her. The room falls silent as Polly slowly sits down. "Arthur, why don't you take the boys and Ror outside? Wait by the car." Tommy instructs.

We walk outside to the front garden, as we stand in silence. "I wonder if she's okay." Arthur says lowly. "Yeah, she'll be okay. She's Polly Gray, after all." I say and the boys nod. "I just hope it's nothing serious, whatever she's telling Tommy in there." Arthur says. "I'm sure it's nothing. She's probably just overwhelmed. I mean, all she's known is small houses in Small Heath, so this is a shock to her system and what she's used to." I tell him and he nods. "Hopefully." He says, looking back towards the house.