Daddy's Home.

Auroras POV

The paramedic informed Ada that Thomas wasn't dead before they took him away, thankfully. John and me had driven down and the me, him and Ada stayed up all night in the waiting room. I laid against John as Ada laid her head on my lap, and I occasionally sipped on the mug of tea I held in my hand.

It was around three when John had feel asleep and Ada followed shortly after but I stayed awake in case anything happened or the doctors had some news. I gently stand up laying Ada's head on the seat before I cross my arms and start to walk around the hospital slowly.

******

Tommy had to stay in hospital over a period of eight weeks and he had made strict rules. One of his terms was that he didn't want Charlie to see him like that. And the only person Thomas Shelby wanted to do business with was Michael.

I spent the next eight weeks watching after Charlie and spending time with Finn, Jake and Isaiah with going back and forth to the hospital. "Mary, is Charles dressed?" I ask our main maid, who helps me look after Charlie when I have Peaky business to deal with. "Yes. He's in the dining room." She tells me and I nod.

I walk into the dining room and smile when I see Charlie waiting for me. "Hey, my boy. You ready to go?" I ask him and he nods. I hold my hand out and he takes it as I walk him to the front door to the wagon where my uncle Charlie is waiting for us. I help him in then climb in myself. "We're good to go, uncle Charlie." I tell him and he nods, taking us off into the woods.

******

"You know, Charlie, your daddy loves you very much. More than anything." I tell him as he looks up at me. "Daddy." He says cutely and I chuckle. "Yeah, daddy. He may be tough but underneath he's a big softy. Especially for you." I tell him and he giggles.

"Mummy." He says standing up and wrapping his arms around me. I hug him back, squeezing him softly before I pull away. "Mummy will always be here." I tell him and he smiles, clapping his hands together. "Come on, let's go for a walk." I say as I stand up and he runs in front of me.

"You're good with him." Uncle Charlie tells me and I smile. "I'm used to dealing with kids, if Johns have anything to say about it." I tell him as he walks along side me. "You're a good mum, sweetheart." He says and I chuckle. "Yeah, got to get him his own little Peaky cap." I joke and he chuckles.

"You're mum would be proud of you." He says and I nod. "I hope she is. I miss her." I tell him, keeping my eye on Charles, watching him pick flowers of the forest floor. "I know you do. I miss her too. You meant everything to her. You were her little girl." Charlie says.

"She taught me a lot, just like you did uncle Charlie." I say smiling softly and he chuckles. "Yeah, taught you how to use a knife." He mumbles and I chuckle. "It's a good skill to have, especially living in Birmingham." I nod. "I made a promise to your mum to always look after you. Make sure your safe and happy, and I don't feel like I've done that." He says sadly.

"You have uncle Charlie. You really have. You've been like a second dad to me and I'm grateful to have you in my life." I tell him and he nods. "I'm grateful to have you in my life. My favourite niece." He says and I scoff. "I'm your only niece." I say and he chuckles. "Yeah, that's why you're my favourite." He says and I chuckle, shaking my head.

******

A week later.

I sit in Tommys office, my hair flat against my back, doing some work as Charles plays on the rug in front of the desk. A knock rings out on the office door making me look up. "Come in!" I call, taking a sip of my whiskey. Mary walks in, smiling excitedly. "Mr Shelby's car has arrived, Mrs Shelby." She tells me and I nod. "Thank you, Mary." I say before I stand up and walk over to Charles, picking him up and propping him on my hip.

"Daddy's back. He's home, sweetie." I tell him, wiping his little chin of drool as I walk to the main entrance. "Daddy!" He exclaims excitedly and I chuckle. "Yay!" I exclaim back making him giggle. I walk to the door and see Tommys car parked out front.

He climbs out of the car, his feet echoing as he steps onto the stones. "Look who it is, Charlie. Look who it is." I say as Tommys tired eyes meet mine. "Charles." Tommy says as he reaches us. "Daddy." Charlie says as Tommy takes him from me. "Hello, my boy." He says rocking him gently.

"Cup of tea, Mr Shelby?" Mary asks but he's too focused on Charles to notice she spoke to him. "Yes, please Mary. Thank you." I tell her and she nods, walking off to the kitchen. "How you feeling?" I ask him as he walks in and I close the door. "Better." He tells me.

"Mummy." Charles calls out for me as I turn around. "I'm here." I tell him, grabbing his little hand. "Thank you." Tommy says and I look up at him. "For what?" I ask grinning at Charles. "For looking after him and everything else. Thank you for staying with me." He tells me and I nod. "I'm not going anywhere. And we had fun, did a lot of fun things, didn't we?" I say to Charles who claps his hands excitedly as I catch Tommy just staring at me.

"You okay?" I ask him. "I love you." He says and I chuckle. "I love you." I tell him as he wraps one arm around me, kissing me deeply. "Mama." Charlie gurgles, breaking our kiss apart. "Yes, my boy?" I say grabbing his little hand he held out to me. "My mama." He says firmly to Tommy who raises his eyebrow. "You've got competition." I joke and he scoffs. "It's bad enough I have to deal with the men out there trying to steal you away from me, now I've got to take it from my own son?" He scoffs as I smile.