I Didn't Ask For Seperate Meetings.

Tommys POV

I sit next to the hospital bed that Aurora lays on, still unconscious. The doctors managed to stitch her wound and get the bullet out without any problems, thankfully. But, that was six hours ago. She should have woken up by now.

"Tommy." I hear Polly call but I don't look away from Aurora. I'm to scared too, thinking she's going to slip away again. "Tommy." She calls again placing her hand on my shoulder. "You need to get changed. Can't have her seeing you with blood on you." She tells me and I sigh.

"I can't leave." I say roughly, my voice hoarse from lack of sleep. "You need to. Look, the worst is over. She'll wake up but you can't have her blood on you when she does. I'll stay with her till you get back." Polly says more firmly and I stand up slowly.

"I'm just changing, checking in on Charlie then I'm coming back." I tell her before pressing a kiss to Aurora's cheek, reluctantly letting go of her hand before I leave the hospital. My heart beats furiously as I make my way to Polly's old house, feeling anxious that I'm not with my girl.

******

"She's still not awake?" I ask Polly as I walk back into the private room Aurora is in. "No. The doctor said it could be the anaesthetic." Polly says as she gets out of the chair which I quickly sit in, taking my girls hand in mine. 

"I'm going to get some coffee. You want some?" She asks and I just shake my head, hearing her leave. "Baby, please. Please wake up. I need you. And Charlie needs you. Hell, everyone one of us needs you. So, please. I need my wife. My girl." I beg, pressing my hand as I feel her fingers twitch.

I look up and see her eyes start to flutter open making breath out a sigh of relief. "Baby?" I question as I stand up, brushing her hair away from her face. "W- w-at-ter." She stutters, her voice hoarse. I pick the water from the table beside her and help her sip some, as I lift her head with one hand.

"Better?" I ask and she nods as I place the glass down. "Are you okay?" I question, still worried and guilty. "Yeah. Just tired." She says smiling softly as tears slip down my cheeks. "Why're you crying?" She asks, reaching up to cup my cheek as I lean into her hand.

"I almost lost you. All because of me." I say sadly. "Tommy. I'm right here. You didn't do anything wrong." She tells me but I'm still not convinced. "Baby, look at me." She says firmly and my blue eyes meet her green ones. "I promise you that it was not you're fault. I don't blame you. I would be telling you to fuck off if I thought you did this, wouldn't I?" She questions.

"Yeah, you would." I say, pressing soft kisses to the inside of her wrist. "I love you. More than anything. You're the love of my life, you know that?" I tell her and she nods. "I know, because you're mine." She tells me and I stand up, pressing my lips to hers softly, missing the feel of her lips.

******

Auroras POV

A week later.

I walk into Tommys office, groaning in pain as he looks up at me. He has dark circles around his eyes, his eyes bloodshot from crying. "You okay, baby?" He asks me as I sit down, waving him off with my hand. "I've been shot before, I'm fine." I tell him and he sighs.

"I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry, Ror. This is all my fault." He tells me and now I sigh. "Tommy, you didn't know a man was gonna run in and shoot me." I tell him but he shakes his head, banging his hands on the table. "It was my fucking fault, Aurora!" He yells.