9

Sofia.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I sobbed harder clinging to the person not even caring that it was one of the trio.

Burying my face in his chest inhaling his calming earthy and minty scent making my waterfall of tears stop to gather my willpower.

I knew that I was hugging one of the monsters that decided to cage me again. But I didn't care enough to push him away knowing that I'd use any type of comforting.

I was a touchy sensitive person and hugs always made me feel good. They pulled me to earth and brought me a sense of calmness but this wasn't the case this time.

Feeling my tears and sobs subsiding to small sniffles. I hurriedly pushed his hands away standing up stiffly to lock gazes with his pretty hazel guilt-filled eyes.

Nikolai.

If he felt guilty, so why not just let me go?

And why did I feel safe in his arms despite my growing resentment for him and his brothers?

Shaking my head out of the intrusive thoughts, I peeped at the other two giants, halfheartedly mumbling. "What- what if I don't want to? W-what will you do?" The heels of my palms pressed against my temples hoping to soothe some of my pain.

The emotional and mental one.

I heard a dark chuckle making my head snap towards its owner. Green eyes that reminded me of a tourmaline crystal met my light blue ones. Nadei laughed as if this was some sort of a joke and it made me seethe, burn and twist with anger.

My nails left crescent moons on my palms at the force of me fisting my hands. The sting following made my shoulder pull taut and square. Form tense as I glared but listened to whatever bullshit he was going to spew.

"Let's not go there, Little one, threatening you wouldn't be much of use but If I had to guess, I'd say that you fear for Carter Ian James ' life. Let's not resort to such passive and mild litigations and be civil about this."

He so effectively and quite directly emphasized Carter's name with that same threatening aura around him. He was fucking threatening me. His voice laced with contempt, taking steady steps towards my frozen form.

I would never forgive myself if anything happened to Carter. He was the one that gave me a bit of normalcy after I escaped that hellhole, and even after knowing him for only two years, I would never be able to pay him back.

He helped me heal. He was there when I needed him the most. He gave me a job and a roof over my head. A real friend, my first best friend.

I looked up at Nadei's towering form making a shudder run down my back.

I knew not to defy them. They seemed to be ruthless and unmerciful but I couldn't help but think that they'd keep their word. No matter how wrong it was of them to do. They didn't give out empty threats.

I took a step back scared of his next words.

"Y-you wouldn't," I whispered.

"Try us, baby girl. We dare you," Nikolai added, menacingly. Dark hazel orbs softened slightly when I locked gazes with them.

How can they act so cooly as if they weren't threatening to kill an innocent being that did nothing but help me?

I looked over at Nadei, my pleading and tearful eyes hoping for any sort of comfort and assurance.