90

Sofia.

I could feel the boys turning white as the look of absolute rage took over his wrinkly face. The way that he clenched his jaw and squinted his eyes made me slightly cower into my seat, the look in his eyes almost looked like...his...

Like.. Adrian's and I gulp, wishing that I haven't talked back as the old bastard yelled causing me to flinch back.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?!"

Luca jumped out of his seat gripping the old hag by the shoulders as he hurried over to my side, in an attempt to attack me. And during the chaos of his rage fit, we don't hear the front door unlocking. "Let me teach her a fucking lesson! The whore!" He flailed his arms around wanting to get out of the strong grip that my brother has on him.

Mama hurried to interrupt his hatefulness filled words but failed to make him stop. "Father, don't -"

"Shut up! You're the one that caused this in the first place. You wouldn't listen to me! And look what it got you. A whore of a daughter, marrying three men she says," his nostrils flare as he shouted, breaking another piece of my heart as Mama looked down in shame. His words more lethal than a viper's venomous fangs. "You're a fucking disgrace to this family!"

Not halting his harsh words, he growled, "Getting rid of you was the worst I've ever done, I should have just ended you myself ! My life would have been easier if it weren't for you! Why did you fucking show up?!"

No. No. No... He did. It made sense.

I knew that he didn't like me and I was okay with it. But this. This was beyond what my brain could understand. How he was so casual while saying it. "Y-you w-what?" I stuttered numbly, my legs shook as I stood up.

..

You could hear a pin drop.

"Why?"

Only silence greeted me. Abuela and Mama cried, flocking my frozen self as they hugged me. Their sobs sending my thoughts haywire. I had never expected to unravel the truth that was hidden for as long as I had been alive. It was too much.

"W-why...? How could you?" I wished to have looked calm. Wished that I wasn't a stuttering mess. The ugly tears of heartbreak and betrayal couldn't have looked worse on me, they gave him the satisfaction of seeing my suffering. Of seeing how fucking weak and hurt I was.

His dark eyes hardened, despite the brewing storm of fury in their shit brown depths. Seeming unfased as if I couldn't do anything to affect him. As if I wasn't worth his time of the day. A mere fly annoying him and wasn't letting him do anything. A damn distraction.

"Nothing too personal." His tone was off putting. Straightened by a certain coldness that chilled me to the bone.

It baffled me. How a person could be this indifferent and cold? This heartless?

"How can you say that so cooly? Like it wasn't my childhood that was r-ruined on the expense of your actions! Who the fuck gave you the right to act like a hero when you're a fucking m-monster!" I couldn't help my voice as it rose, deep rooted anger and betrayal unleashed within the depths of my soul.

His slimy, beady eyes squinted, his mouth turning up into an ugly sneer spitting off his words. "I don't expect you to understand, foolish girl. I did what I did for the sake of my family. I care for no one besides them." He smugly stated as if he made sense. "You being born into my family is not something I was willing to risk."

Trying to ascertain his claim as if he wasn't the reason behind my trauma and anguish, he yelled out like a madman. "Your mother.." his eyes drift sideways, a hostile look in them as he glared at my mother. "Sadly, didn't want to abort you after telling her to do so...But I did them a favor. I fucking helped them get rid of you! Made them untouchable! You were going to be the death of them-"

"They're my family too!" I shouted. "Why can't you understand that?" Sobbing pathetically, my feet move on their accord. I shook off the hands that held my shoulders back, facing his frame straight on as he glared down at me like the dirt under his soles. "Fuck you, you overgrown chauvinistic piece of dog shit-"

"HOW DARE YOU!" His palm reared back and I closed my eyes readying myself for the physical pain that'd follow.

I stilled in the moment. "What-"

"Now, why would you do that to your granddaughter?" The smooth, soothing but angry..no, furious voice of Nial made my eyes snap open. His next words laced in a threat I wouldn't wish upon anyone. "Matter of fact, why would you to that to my woman? Is it an excruciating death that you want for your seventy sixth birthday? If so, I can grant you this wish."

He struggled against the hard grip Brown Eyes had on him, the flushed looked of embarrassment and anger on his face, intensified. He roared, his voice an octave lower, like a rabid dog on the loose,"Let go of me! I will have you destroyed you if I want to!"

"I'm afraid that I can't do that," his fist plumed into the old man's face. A satisfactory crack resounding as it made contact with his nose. "This is for making her cry."

Abuela and Mama flinched back pulling me into their arms again. Unresponsive to the physical pain the hag was receiving from my man. The guys glared at him, their jaws clenching as he yelled, "Stop him! I'm your grandfather, DAMNIT!"

"After what you did to our sister," the look of passion on Aurelio's face frightened me, it looked foreign on him. His usually happy bubbly persona disappearing completely. His knuckles turn white and he says, "You're lucky to be breathing on the same air as we are but I'm sure that you won't be for long once, Nadei and Nikolai kno-"

A shot is fired...