63

Nial.

The next morning, we left the hotel after getting a long brunch seemingly to satiate our discharged selves from our previous fourth round in the shower.

We got home a few hours ago but didn't find Nadei and Nik as they were taking care of a new gun shipment at the docks.

It ate me inside out. The guilt.

I fucking needed to tell her even if we weren't sure. I wanted to tell her.

My brothers and I had agreed that one of us would tell her when we were all together but I didn't want to waste time and have her hate us for how long we had been keeping this from her.

Secrecy was something we swore on never doing when it came to her. We were all in this together but fuck. My hesitation was drowning me. Suffocating me and filling my lungs with a horrible feeling. Betrayal.

Justifying how we wanted to actually be certain wether our surmise was correct or not was the semi right thing to do but that would mean hiding something from her and that didn't sit well with me. At all.

It was eating me up inside and I didn't want us to go back to square one when I told her.I felt like I was betraying her and I fucking hated that.

And I needed to let this off my chest.

So, I did.

"Sofia?"

The soft hum and head tilt made my heart swell  with pride and adoration of the small woman curled up in my arms. She was so damn innocent. But sometimes had the duality of a vicious little kitten.

"I have something to tell you," she dropped her phone on the bed instantly, putting an attentive serious front on. My desire to smile at her antics rising.

Her tiny cute hand drew circles on my naked chest tracing the tatted matching vertical and horizontal lines on my skin.

"What's that?" She asked booping my nose.

I clenched my jaw preparing to say what might mend her or break her furthermore.

"I think we might have found your family-" her eyes widened as she froze halting her soothing touch on my pectorals.

"What?" Her broken whisper was like a stab to the heart turning my insides out.

I felt the stinging of my once content heart want to break through my ribcage knowing that ripping it out of place might be better than seeing that look on her face. "Your real family." I completed.

Her mouth parted in shock as fat tears left her iridescent bright blue eyes,. They reflected the sunlight that shone through the thin blinds. The ethereal, mesmerizing sight taking my breath away.

I snapped my attention back to her lips that quivered coming back my reverie as my grip on her tightened feeling sobs rake through her form.

-

Nikolai.

I spared Nial a pointed look that said it all. My nostrils flaring with anger at the text he sent me a couple of minutes ago. Hands tightening up into clenched fists preparing to pummel my younger brother a new one.

I told her.

My eyes zeroed on her quivering lips as I eyed her closed eyelids hating the sediments of her tears against her flushed cheeks and my eyes hardened to steel.

The only tears that should leave her enthralling crystalline gaze would be of happiness, joy and pleasure not fucking sadness.

I gritted my teeth and dove in to grab Sofia's sleeping petite frame from his lap, scooping her into my arms with a soft kiss on her puckered lush lips. My arms tightened around her as she whimpered.