91

Six years later..

Sofia.

"Momma! Miss Ania gave me this! It's so fluffy!" Throwing his hands up, I break a smile at the sight of his big blue eyes gleaming as he shook a new stuffed toy. It was his birthday today and his friends and his preschool teacher wanted to throw him a little party at the park.

It was a win win situation, whereas the kids got out of class to play and have some fun and I had my little boy distracted while I planned his party at home and I thankfully managed to finish everything up in time to pick him up.

"Look, look, loooook! Lydie gave me this," he blushed at the mention of the cute red head. She was Layla's daughter and Camille's four year old niece.

"Wow, those are amazing," I gushed matching his enthusiasm, "You know, you can open the rest of them at home. I'll help you. Now, stay with your friends while I go say hi to your teacher, okay?" I kissed his temple, brushing away his dirty blond curls

"Okay!" He agreed, jumping up as skidded over to his classmates.

-

After cleaning up, I packed my son's birthday gifts and put them in the car trunk along with his spiderman backpack. My legs carried me to him as Layla and her husband, Vikram showed up.

The pair watched Jude gently push Lydie on the swing, her giggles mixed with his, in a gleeful infectious way. My lips tugged up at their genuinely cute and carefree interaction.

"Hi, babe!" Ever the enthusiastic five foot seven woman squealed knocking the air out of me upon noting me nearing them. "It's been so long since I've seen you!" She smacked my arm pulling me to sit with her. "Sit, sit, sit, I have so much to tell you!"

"Vik," With a smile, I shook his hand firmly and sat on the bench. Turning to the bubbly, dark haired woman, I glared, "Ah, you!" I dramatically placed my head on Lay's shoulder, fake sobbing, "How I have missed you my dearest, favorite DaVoureux sibling!"

"Don't let Cam hear you," She giggled, heartily.

I took a peek at the kids and turned to her. Matching her enthusiastic self, I fire asked, "So, how was Bali? Did anything fun? Got any cute clothes? Come on, woman, tell me everything!" I clapped my hands sneaking another glance at our babies.

-

"I'll see you guys tonight!"

A long chat later, five PM rolled by and it was time for us to head back home. Nikolai had already called me twice and Nadei was spamming me with his numerous texts.

Nial as amazing and understanding as he was, gave me the time I wanted to sort everything out and helped with the things that I needed, plus, he was looking after Lorelei whilst I was gone for a few hours.

Don't get me wrong, all of my guys pitched in helping out with the kids but Brown Eyes put in all of him to help. He started working from home and took a much needed break from their Mafia business. I couldn't be more proud of him for wanting to keep that dark side of our lives from our children.

But there was one thing that I was sure that it bothered him over the last two years. I had Jude with Nikolai and Lorelei with Nadei, yet, no kids with him. Surely that didn't sound fair, at all, even if he didn't show it or express it.

And that was the problem, Nial was an individual that was communicative, expressive and wore his kind heart on his sleeve, why wasn't he saying anything about this?

Gods it made my heart ache, how much he loved his brothers' kids like they were his own. Lorelei even called him, Dadda, once and it brought tears to his beautiful eyes.

He knew how energetic she was to keep up with and while she was only three years old, he still loved spending time with our cute little baby. She was the complete opposite of Nadei but acted more like Nikolai, looked nothing like him, though. She inherited her father's rich moss green eyes and his soft dark curls.

Snapping out of my thoughts, "Jude!" I shouted, starting to feel the tiredness seep into my bones. It was a long day and I couldn't wait to just jump into bed and sleep it away. "Amor we need to go, come on!"

"Byebye!" He waved at a random kid he had been playing with since Lydie left. He had the tendency of making a friend out of everyone he met, he was as extroverted and outgoing as his dad. "See ya, Levi!..."

Jude suddenly went quiet and then, I looked up, finding the scene suspicious as he waved at someone. My hand halted, turning around completely, a tall and long dark haired man was waving back at my son. Upon catching my gaze, his lips turned up in a playful smirk, continuing to taunt me with his waving motion. My brows furrowed in questioning, who the fuck was he? Did I know him?

Shaking my head as he started taking slow steps towards me and my son, I narrowed my eyes in warning.

Out of panic, I hurriedly unlocked the car door, "Jude, let's go," I pulled my son's tiny hand, buckling him up as I shook the feeling of the weird man's stare. It wasn't hostile, per say. But it was uncomfortable and it made something twist at my insides.

Revving the engine I took off, still not over the weird interaction.

"Strange,” I countered after a few seconds, but I couldn’t argue. I had no memory of meeting him either, just the uncanny feeling we did somehow know each other. "Baby, do you know that man? Did he tell you his name?"

"Noo," the five year old, giggled swinging his arms back and forth. "He said that he your friend... Mmm, He told me to say hi to you and dad too. He wished me happy birthday and gave me a present!" he hummed, grinning. Happy that he remembered. His eyes didn't stray from his gifts as he inspected and described each one. "He was reeeeally nice to me!"

Shaking my head, I sighed and kissed his forehead. "Listen to momma, okay. You shouldn't talk to strangers like that when nobody is with you... Cause they might be bad people. lo entiendes, mi amor?"
(Do you understand, my love?)

"Sì, Mama," the toddler saluted me cutely.

"Good."

"Now," I started, still paranoid at what the mystery man might have given to my son, "Can I see the present that he gave you?"

"Okay! Here it is.." He pulled his backpack to him and grabbed a small box? It was wrapped in a colorful wrapping paper, a dark blue ribbon decorating it. "Can I open it, pretty pleeeease?!" I tried not to wince as he shook it, placing his ear on it to inspect.

Stopping at the red light, I shook my head in refusal making Jude pout sulkingly and mutter under his breath as I grabbed the aforementioned box from him. "No, not now, Amor."