27

Sofia.

That rough yet soft touch of fingers tracing my face so lightly made me jolt awake, my eyes opened in alarm but we're still filled with drowsiness to meet Nikolai's soft eyes.

A small frown etched on his handsome face.

"It's okay, baby. It's just me," he soothed reaching his hand to stroke my cheek. Hazel eyes twinkling with concern.

I stepped away from his touch.

His frown deepened, lips pulled out in a small pout.

Damnit, why was I feeling bad for concerning him now?

Sofia stop feeling sympathetic to people that hurt you--

"Love, did you have a nightmare, again?" He inquired hesitantly.

I shook my head, my eyes wide knowing that he might have caught on to something the last time.

"Then what is it?"

You and your brothers and my fucked up life.

"Where are the others?" I noticed the other two's absence, dismissing his question with a yawn.

He smiled, "Nadei is working and Nial is working out."

And my dumb-hoe of a pussy started tingling at the image of a shirtless, sweaty Nial lifting being implanted in my head.

"Okay," I stretched the word and he chuckled racking a hand through his tousled locks.

He perked up suddenly checking his watch, "What would you like us to do, my love?" He questioned eagerly and I scratched my nape awkwardly.

I shrugged, careless, "Uh-I don't know," I anxiously twiddled my thumbs.

"Wanna watch a film with me or we could go to the library? Maybe the garden or do whatever you want? How about--" I cut his rambling off.

Letting out a very unattractive snort at the fact that he was acting like a 12-year-old's first time with a boner. "Can we go to the library?" I implored stopping myself from smiling at the hopeful love-struck look on his face.

Double fuck.

I was definitely simping for this dumbass.

"Of course, my love, whatever want," he grinned stroking my hair and I faltered before leaning into his touch.

I didn't know how to explain it but the harder I tried to fight this the more intense it got.

These men were blazing red flames and I was drawn to them like a moth.

More than I'd like to admit.

"Let's go," reaching his hand out for me to take as I recalled that I just woke up and am probably looked like a zombie pulled out of the walking dead.
Whilst, he looked like a freaking model.

Stop comparing yourself to others, Neonata. Carter's soft voice rang in my ears with a soft murmur.

"Uh-I need a few minutes," I mumbled making my way to wash my face and do my business.

Getting out of the bathroom as I found Nikolai sitting on the bed with his phone clutched in a hard grip texting someone with a grim expression on his face.
Upon seeing me he placed his phone down and lent me a small but forced smile and I grimaced at the expression that I didn't like on his face for some odd, dumb reason.

"Lead the way," I gestured when he stood up persisting his hand out for me to take.

But I didn't accept it and a pained look crossed his features but it was gone the second I blinked as if I had just imagined it.