42

Sofia.

The last two weeks were absolutely amazing with Camille's company and Ivana, her mother was in the mansion for short periods before she left to work so I rarely bumped into her, but whenever I did she asked about how I was doing and to find her if I needed anything.

She wasn't a woman of many words or was she an overly affectionate person and I appreciated the fact that she was genuinely wanting to help me if I had struggled with anything.

It meant something to me.

I never had a mother figure to start with but these kinds of gestures made me effectuate that there were nice people in this world.

She treated me like her own. I admired and liked Anastasia even more for it.

Ivana had told me that they had their own penthouse in the city center in some fancy building. She said that she was used to staying home alone since her mother was a bit of a workaholic and I saw the sadness flickering in her dark brown worbs before it was gone when she mentioned that part.

She was lonely.

I knew that much from what I saw and what she had told me.

I got to know the girls really well, their contrasting personalities were on a whole different level but I understood why they were best of friends.

Where has Ivana been the quiet, introverted geeky eighteen year old with a huge book and coffee addiction and baggy yet stylish clothing.

Camille was different.

Her extroverted, easy-going personality had a huge obsession with green tea and I might've mumbled an 'Ew' when she said that. She was an outdoorsy and adventurous twenty-four-year-old successful woman.

Green and black tea were shit by the way.

Cami and Ivana were complete polar opposites, they were different but close and understood each other. Camille told me about how she met Dimitri and I listened carefully.

But I felt that they were hiding something from me.

They explained that the tight security around the mansion was just for safety precautions but that didn't explain why would they need to take drivers and bodyguards-- armed guards-- everywhere they went.

Cami had elaborated that the triplets owned companies that specialized in technology-more specifically online services and software, they also owned clubs, hotels, and even banks throughout Russia.

I knew that they were influential and well known but that was just a bit over the top since the mansion was in a sort of secluded area with a tight security system.

Call it a sixth sense or whatever but something felt off about the trio's overly strong and famous social status that wasn't adding up, plus how the girls weren't letting out details about most things they said in the heat of the moment.

It was suspicious and it was like -Shit. No. no, it couldn't be.

I knew that I wasn't the person to talk because of what my so-called family did for a living while covering it up with legal businesses and investing.

And the triplets case was slightly similar to that at the Heizers.

The security details, the bodyguards and the secrecy had me in a bewildered state.

I told the girls about my past but didn't get into heavy details, because why would I? Liking a person and feeling comfortable around them didn't mean telling them your harsh and sob life story.

Oversharing was not my thing.

I just told them that I was abused by my family and that I ran away and that was that. I didn't want to explain and dive into the painful memories, they both understood giving me the space and comfort I needed.