85

Sofia.

He picked up on the first ring and that itself made a grin appear on my face as he answered in his business tone, rigidness, and professionalism joined in one. "Hello?"

"Hi!" I answered back, my voice sounding squeaky and high-pitched.

Hearing his long relieved sigh on the other side of the line couldn't be more than a normal reaction to some but to me, it was more as his voice softened to address me. Warmth spread throughout my body in the most comforting way as he uttered the nickname he has for me with utmost love. "Moya Lyubov.."

"Bello. How are you? I...I missed you." I instantly asked, clearing my throat as I struggled to keep my emotions at bay seeing as these last few weeks, I had been crying a little more than usual and felt the need to be around someone at all times.

I thought that I may have just felt....homesick.

"I'm doing just... great. We just got home from work and I was about to call you." he chuckled, the sound sounding a little forced as he sighed again and hurriedly spoke. "Let's switch to facetime, is that okay, love? I want to see you."

Aggressively wiping the tiny droplets of saline in an attempt not to look like I had cried a river, I gave Nikolai a close eyed smile as his face showed up on my screen, already accepting the call, "Hi," I repeated, again.

I took my time looking him over as if I could have him ingrained in my memory. His soft blond curls looked a little longer as they fell over to his chin. His eyes, oh Gods, his eyes were so damn beautiful but solemn and tired.

He definitely was no better than me, as I could barely sleep lately. Call it a hunch or whatever but there was something tugging at my heart. Something... life changing.

"Were you...crying? Who made you cry?" Is the first thing that that came out of his lips and I cursed at myself for being so obvious, again. "Give me a name." He ground out, making me stifle a giggle at his overprotective self.

"No o-one. I was just missing you three," I smiled softly watching him heave out a breath of relief, "Where are Nadei and Nial? I wanna see them too."

"Well, let's go get them, shall we?" He stood up and walked. The mutual silence exchanged between us as I stared at him made me feel comforted. "Наша королева is on the phone.." He called out to my other two men. (Our queen)

I bit my lip at the title he addressed me with. My heart thrummed a little too fast as he grinned at me, finding my flustered state amusing. "Cute." He shook his head, his soft golden tresses moving at the impact.

"And there's one," Nikolai said looking ahead. "Here."

"Baby?" Nadei's voice rumbled as his face popped on the screen shoving his brother away. "Move dumbass, you're taking too much space." His words made me erupt with laughter. Gods, they never change.

"Hello, my love." His jade green irises glimmered with softness in contrast with his soothing deep voice. "I've missed you." I smiled heartily, unable to process how much I loved him and his brothers. "How's Italy? Do you...like it there?"

The hints of frustration and desperation in his voice squeezed around my heart. "It's been amazing so far." I grinned but felt guilty as the hopefulness in his eyes fell, so I quickly added on. "But... it's not better than my favorite city in the whole world...where my boyfriends are."

He chuckled, "Is that so?" I nodded, my face flushing as I moved on my bed, sitting straighter. "Good then, because we're--"

"Motherfucker-"