69

Sofia.

"Nik and Nial aren't home. Why?" I hurriedly implored trying to keep the disappointment at bay but terribly failing as it made my voice quiver.

I missed them and the worrisome haunted me. It ate me inside out and made me question whether I was over analysing and dramatizing this situation. Were they at least okay? I wondered.

"They're on their way, Darling." Nadei gave a reassuring dimpled smile, his hands sneaking their way under my skirt as he lifted me onto his desk. The cold surface chilling my ass as he  tiredly sighed, his warm hands on my upper thighs.

"We'll wait for them and then we'll talk, Da?" He laid his head on my lap and my fingers forthwith worked his corded neck muscles out.

Nodding, "So tense." I giggled pressing a kiss on his stubbled cheek.

He sighed but didn't say anything, instead, he buried his head into my tummy making my insides flutter in fondness. He and Nikolai had a habit of doing that.

"Nadei, can I ask you a question?"

He hummed, "Anything."

I decided to stark up a conversation treading through the sensitivity of the subject that I was curious about with caution. "Tell me about your parents?"

I didn't want him to give me a blank monotoned answer like they always did.  I wanted the truth with its good and ugly. I could handle it. And I wanted to know more of my men. I wanted to know their past but I hoped that I wouldn't cross any boundaries.

"Okay." Tourmaline agreed.

My heart fluttered at the single word. Gods knew that I wouldn't pressure him into telling me anything but the fact that he so simply wanted to tell me, was comforting and meant that he trusted me.

Nadei cleared his throat sighing, "Our father," he spat out the title malevolently. "He was a bastard, but I'm guessing you know that by now. He was rich, powerful, and charming. Everyone loved him or wanted to be him. Fucking ironic, right?" I winced at the harsh tone of voice and I so didn't want to be on the receiving end of it.

I nodded grating my nails at his scalp slowly and hoping it'd ease some of his anger towards their shitty excuse of a parent.

"He made millions with the illegal deals he had going on. Preyed on people's weaknesses because it made him feel powerful and important. The media saw it as success without knowing what happened behind closed doors. But at home? He was even worse, he was the devil's incarnate. He loathed us, especially Nikolai and Nial. He thought that they were weak because they loved, joked and laughed. And as the eldest, I felt the need to protect my brothers." Nadei huffed a hard breath out.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I hurriedly assured feeling his body tense up the longer he talked about their father.

He sat up pulling his leather chair even closer to the desk, his fingers threading mine. Green eyes shining with acuity carving figurative hearts into my being and aeeing right through the pain I felt for him.

"I want to, my love. It seems like we knew everything about you but the same couldn't be said about us." He chuckled. The sound void of humor.

Exhaling softly, he continued, "He hit us sometimes when I couldn't save either of my brothers but for the most part, I took every hit, every lash, every whipping. I stepped between him and my mother. Not that it made her love us because she didn't. Nial always hoped she would take us for the sake of being her kids and leave but I knew better."

"She was worse than him. She needed his money, the recognition and the power he held. She would never leave him not for us, not for anything. Not even to protect us." his voice thickened with emotion and I tightened my grip on his fingers hoping to give him any source of the same love, comfort, respect and importance he gave me.

"Her fucking kids." Nadei whispered painfully and my heart pricked at the sadness lacing it. His eyes turned a glossy shade of green, tearful and resentful, " She didn't want to protect us."

I felt so bad for bringing it up but I was relieved that he trusted me enough to tell me something as traumatic and heartbreaking as that.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm so sorry you guys went through that. Nobody deserves to be treated that way." I warped my arms around his neck pulling him into a long hug and caressing his tut back as I blinked away my tears.

Pulling away to meet my eyes, he chuckled deeply masking his true emotions. "It wasn't your fault." He rolled his eyes. "He was an insufferable asshole and she was a greedy bitch, end of."

I nodded kissing his nose, Nadei smiled softly, those dimples making an appearance and I almost swooned as he laid his head on my thighs again. "We need to have lunch." I gasped, suddenly reminded.

Stupid ADHD-ed brain making me forget and easily get sidetracked.

"When the guys get here." That was all that he said before snuggling into my tummy again. And I sighed as the serene, beautiful silence enveloped us. The only sounds heard were of our stable breathing.

-

A few moments of comfortable calmness later.

Nadei started kneading my thighs, his warm skin on mine, sizzling hot flutters of desire making my core throb and my once dry panties wetter by the second.

My breathing accelerated and I held back a moan at the feel of his fingers hooking into the ends of my underwear caressing my wet folds through the damp fabric as he moved his thumb over.

"Ты так хорошо пахнет." He sough softly as he turned his head up.
(You smell so good.)

I grinned drowsily, pecking his lips. He tasted like coffee, smelled like fresh mint and musk, and looked like sin. A deadly combo that was surely going to be my death one day.

"Showering me with compliments now, huh?" I grinned peppering his face with butterfly kisses. Gods, he was gorgeous.

Nadei laughed, his deep baritone voice cocooning my heart with warmth. "Your Russian is getting better but don't I always compliment you?"

He did in fact. He never held back on telling me how beautiful I was. He was just that sweet. All of my beautiful men were sweet.

But they only seemed to show their vulnerability and raw emotions with me, which made me feel an instant warmth kindle in my heart. It was beyond my comprehension to know how connected you can grow to a person in such a short time.

And being the heart and soul of someone else was refreshing, freeing and so goddamn amazing.

I was their world and they were mine.