95

Sofia.

My eyes began to water. My mouth felt too dry and my throat felt parched but not from emotion. But because of who was sitting right in front of me. Being him.

Fucking Arsen.

There was one great thing about me that I took pride in. My ability to remember every single person that I meet's name. Be it days, months or years, I always remember. It was a talent at this point. For me to not forget this man from six years ago.

The same idiot that tried to slyly swerve his way into my life.

Clenching my jaw, I plastered a smile on my face as I faced him, grinning at me without a care taking sips of his latte. "What the fuck is this?" I almost growled. "Couldn't bother telling me that I actually know you?"

"Oh, do you, now?" He looked smug.

I rolled my eyes and asked. Genuinely curious. Slightly vindictive. Overly caffeinated. "What's your endgame?" I felt my fingers twitch as looked at me like a curious puppy.

"What do you mean?" His confusion made it even worse for me to keep my composure.

"You had obviously known and met me but you didn't say anything. Why now? Why wait until now?" I contemplated my next words. Treading with the smallest hint of curiosity in my voice. "Why after all these years? What changed?"

Tilting his head to the side. He scoffed, rolling his eyes. Something akin to rage lurked in his brown eyes. "Your husbands made it difficult." He paused. Eyes softening slightly. "They're... really protective of you and that made my job in reaching out to you quite difficult."

No surprise there. I would be a liar if I said I denied his claim. The guys never let me go anywhere without protection. But even then, I forced them to tone it down to put some distance between myself and Aleksander's hawk like eyes.

Yes, he was stil my bodyguard after all these years with the trio. They wouldn't let any other man near me and they didn't trust anyone besides him either. So I was stuck with Alek. His presence was tolerable. He didn't talk much to me when he was around but that fine. I wouldn't really force him to stick by my side if he didn't want to, anyway.

But I successfully managed to sneak out undetected today. Or at least I hoped so. I even left my phone at home. For security measures aka my peace of mind.

Snapping out of my unrelated, fast as sound thoughts. I looked back at the brown haired man finding his intense glare on my face, falling to my lips in the friction of a second. "What did you want to tell me?" I flicked my bangs back locking gazes with him. My stance unwavering. Irritation clear in my tone.

"Bella....Do you..." He paused, glaring into my eyes as if to rip the truth out of me. "Do you hate me?"

"No," I answered truthfully. "I don't."

"Then, why are you looking at me like that?" His brows pulled taut, his tilted his head in a confused manner.

He didn't understand where or how my hostility formed itself. That was for sure. I honestly and truly didn't hate him. Hate was too strong of word to describe what I harbored for him. However, It didn't mean that I wasn't mad at him though because I felt furious and I wasn't going to spare his little feelings from my wrath.

"I'm pissed at how you... pretended to not know me the first time. I'm pissed that I was lied to. Straight to my face. I'm pissed that it took you this long to confront me. I'm pissed that you think that this little friendship is going to mend itself just because I agreed to see you." I gritted my teeth, forcing back the urge to bang my fist against the table like a neanderthal. Gosh. Nadei's attitude had really rubbed off on me.