73

Sofia.

"She looks so peaceful."

"Shut up, stronzo. She's tired, let her fucking sleep."

Click. Click. Click.

"I'm so going to save this as my wallpaper. She's just the cutest thing ever."

"Says the ugly fucker."

"Fuck you- Wait, is Aure drooling on the bed?"

"Nadei is going to annihilate and set his ass on fire for it."

I bolted upright, irritated would mildly suffice in describing how I felt. I was tired as heck and just wanted to sleep but the multiple voices wouldn't I was hearing wouldn't shut up.

Aurelio and I spent the whole afternoon talking and getting to know each other.

As weird as it was to know that I had siblings and a family I didn't know about, it was amazing to have someone like Aurelio. He made me laugh, cry and talk more than I did in my whole nineteen years.

At one point we both laughed till we cried. Again. But no judgement here. Were truly two peas in a pod and in my books that translated; two sensitive idiots crying their eyes out.

He didn't weird me out or anything, quite the opposite really. He made me feel safe, comfortable and loved as if he knew me his whole life, like we were normal siblings catching up after a long time of not seeing each other.

I felt this closeness to him in the last few hours than I had felt towards anyone. Hence why I fell asleep after spending hours talking, laughing and joking around. I felt protected enough to nap near a person and that itself was an accomplishment.

"Oh, shit. Now, you've done it." I squinted my eyes in the direction of the whispered snicker. My vision blurred as I begrudgingly yawned, annoyed and still drowsy from sleep.

Three dark-haired men stood watching me and Aurelio that somehow ended up sleeping with his long legs on the headboard. His face pressed up against the edge of the bed as he snored like a dead man, his arms wide open spread out like a starfish. Soft snores leaving his parted lips.

The urge to laugh at the way he slept was overwhelming but I had to handle this awkward situation first knowing that I had a good guess on who they were.

I insistently rubbed my eyes adjusting to the dimly lit room, "Uh- Hi?"

Really Sofia?

Their eyes widened seemingly shocked, it lasted a few seconds enough for me to inspect them and note who was who.

Lio told me about our whole family as numerous as its members were, he even showed me pictures, and videos that I cried after watching with how much I missed.

I did a whole lot of crying today and I was sure that I would be doing a whole more when I meet them. My parents. I stood up a tight-lipped smile thrown in my brothers' way.

Lorenzo or Renzo as Lio referred to him stood to the right, he looked about six feet being shorter than Aurelio by a few inches.

The pictures that I was shown didn't do my older brother right, he was handsome, to say the least, dark-haired and dark-eyed. His skin was a rich tan, unlike my pale one and unlike my soft feminine features, he was rugged all over.

He smiled a teary-eyed smile, dark azure eyes full of emotion shone through his thin black-rimmed glasses and embraced me, the overflowing emotions seeping through his hug made me tighten my hold on him.

"Hello, Sorellina." I giggled relishing the warm hug and the sweet nickname that made my heart flutter fondly.

I whispered. "Hi Lorenzo."

"Okay, my turn, dumbass." Chuckling at what I assumed was Valentino's impatient mutter, my heart thumping in my chest at how these guys never knew me but yet treated me like precious cargo.

Big arms wrapped around me, and he held me tight. I was feeling so many things right now, and I was completely off-kilter. I couldn't remember ever being held so tightly. I couldn't remember ever feeling so at peace and complete.

"Bambina," his voice sounded shaky, solemn.

"Ciao, Valentino," I whispered, eyes red and puffy, rapidly blinking away my tears. My eyes hurt from crying so damn much and I needed to stop.

I pulled back, reluctant. My smaller frame was engulfed in another bone-crushing, soul-wrenching, heart-wracking hug. Geez, my brothers loved hugs. I did too but just from the trio but I think that was about to change.

Forcing a laugh out of my parched lips. "Sheesh, you guys love your hugs, huh?" I voiced my thoughts feeling Luca's taller frame shake with a booming bark of laughter.

"Christ! Let me sleep, you annoying people." Aurelio groaned making us bust out laughing.

Rolling his eyes. "It's seven in the evening," Luca said as he kissed my forehead. A teary grin taking over my face.

I snorted watching their brotherly interaction play out. "Look who's talking." Snowflake AKA Aurelio mocked flipping our older brother the bird not bothering to change his odd sleeping position. "Fuck off, mommy."

"Aurelio Francesco Verticolli, what the hell did you just say to your brother?"

"Fuc- Oh, shit. Sorry, Mom-- uh- mama. Ma'am. Mrs. Mom." He bolted upright so fast I almost thought he was going to wring his neck and my chuckle died in my throat as I saw them.

My mother.

Gods. So regal and graceful she looked. Her crystal blue eyes twinkled with love, directly gazing at me. High cheekbones, curled light lashes and slick brows. Soft blonde hair in immaculate ringlets swung to her back as her thin lips trembled. Fists clenched at the sides.

She was tall, model like slender, with long legs adorning a peach-colored, fancy designer suit. A maroon ruby necklace around her neck, rings adorning her soft nimble fingers. Black pumps adding to her impressive height.

I was mesmerized. She looked gorgeous.

She was by my side in a second, those long arms engulfing me, cocooning me with motherly warmth. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Mio Amore." Her velvety voice trembled, arms flexing around my form.

I could feel her pain through our embrace, my heart stung and ached, writhing with solemnness. With hurt and unmade but broken promises.

"I'm s-sorry for not protecting you. I'm sorry for not being here for you. At the hospital, t- they lied to us. They told me that y-you died. I didn't I swear that I d-didn't know-" She sobbed clutching me like a lifeline.

It seemed like today was going to be the day I'd finish all of the tears I was meant to cry in my lifetime.

The saline cascaded my eyes like a stream.

This woman was my mother, one that didn't know that I existed. A mother was lied to and convinced that her child was deceased. I felt pain for her. Yet, she felt her need to earn my forgiveness but for what?

It wasn't her fault.

It was no one's fault but Adrian's.

My childhood was ripped off and shredded to pieces because of him. No one else but him.

Hearing the door being locked behind the guys as they left the room leaving me with Marcella. My mother and Giovanni, my father. The spacious room making me feel claustrophobic with how I resisted to have another breakdown. My eyes ached and my form trembled as my mother let her hands fall to her sides.

"I love you so much, neonata. I will never leave you. No one will ever hurt you again. El mia bella ragazza." She cried falling to her knees, mine in toe as I hugged her.
(My beautiful girl)