26

Sofia.

Letting out a sigh of relief after I hung up on Nial, I recollected my composure and that I had company taking a swift glance at Ivana not wanting to make the situation bizarre.

Than it was already.

"Soo-" I stretched the word not finding anything to spike up a conversation with her.

"What's your favorite rapper?"

I mentally backhanded myself in the face at the ridiculous question.

But seeing the look on my face, Ivana laughed heartily, her smooth laugh practically dissipating my nervous and timid self and giving me space to make up for my idiotic icebreakers.

Gosh, I needed socializing classes. If they were a thing.
"I honestly don't have one, it's hard to pick," she rolled her eyes playfully, "Ahat's yours?" She answered with a soft giggle, her accent still prominent.

"J.cole," I replied curtly.

"Cool. So, who are you to my cousins?" She inquired curiously after a few minutes of awkward silence.
Shit.

"I-uh-I'm their-" my stuttering was being cut off when Anastasia walked into the kitchen looking neat and professional.

My stammering fit died down as she sent me a look. Ah, well, at least she saved me the embarrassment of getting to explain who I was to the trio.

Knee-length black pencil skirt, white blouse and a coat draped over her tall frame, her heels clicking against the marble flooring elegantly. She halted removing her sun glasses with a swift motion, her movements and scrutinizing eyes as sharp as a sword.

Deadly but graceful. Immensely regal.

I honestly hopped to be like her at some point.
"She's their fiancee," Anastasia announced vaguely with a subtle nod in my direction and that exact pointed look.

I slightly frowned but didn't show my trepidation when Ivana overlooked at me for confirmation.

I gave her a small smile and a nod but she didn't exactly buy it. I could see gears turning in her head and some of the emotions swirling in those see brown orbs of hers.

Confusion, shock and slight qualm.

Understandable, really.

"What!-how? Why didn't even bother to tell us?" She spluttered her soft features contorted in disarray.
"Мы поговорим об этом позже, хватит нервировать девушку," Anastasia muttered giving her a reprimanding look, her voice hard and eyes shining with a warning.
(we'll talk about it later, stop making the girl nervous)

"Конечно, мама," Ivana mumbled casting her eyes down.
(Of course, mother)

And I grimaced at the sudden change of atmosphere. Somebody had mommy issues but damn, I really wanted to leave.

I was supposed to contact Carter and get the hell away from whatever family feud shit this was.
Getting up from my seat, I picked the phone to clutch it in my hand tightly as my hands began to shake with nervousness.

"Uh-I--bye, I'll see you later, Ivana," I waved taking off to the room.

"Bye, Sofia it was nice to meet you!" I heard Ivana politely declare.

-

I ran my hand through my hair in frustration as I got into the room plopping face first on the bed.
"I just wanna go home!" I groaned, my voice coming out muffled.

Turning to lay on my back. I racked my brain for some sort of believable explanation to reassure Carter that I was okay and in safe hands--minus the part where I was practically held captive.

I couldn't risk getting anyone involved.

Nobody should get hurt for someone else's actions and I sure as fuck wouldn't drag my best friend into this.
Unlocking the phone I logged into my Email directly into composing something that would be more of reassurance to me than to him.

I couldn't exactly predict that I would be safe here from my family's clutches or the trio's unwavering intensity.
Hell, I was never safe to begin with.

A loud frustrated sigh left my lips as I began indexing on the phone but ended up deleting whatever I wrote because of how inconvenient and weird it would've sounded.

Fuck it, I was going to just wing it and press send even if it was going to be a complete lie.

-

Hey, It's Sofia.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm okay and safe too. I'm taking a few months off and I'm in Russia right now but I'll be back. I wanted to call you before but I lost my phone at the airport and didn't really remember your phone number and decided to email you. My new number is ***-***-*** -***. Text me.
I miss you terribly.

Love,
Your best friend in the whole world.

-

And with that, I hit send exhaling a harsh breath.
I wanted to go home and just want to be a normal person for once in my life without having to worry about my abusive family that was most likely hunting me down and to have these men understand that I would never feel anything for them.

At least not in the way that they wanted me to.

I couldn't risk letting anyone in.

I was a total mess.

A broken wreck.

Tears blurred my vision as I sniffled wiping some of the traitorous tears that managed to escape my eyelids. I had been trying to escape the inevitable just to be captured once again.

I couldn't get a rest could I?

Curling up to a ball and getting under the covers to get some sleep to numb myself or at least make me get some peacefulness from the chaotic life I was dragged into. I wished that Carter would receive my email sooner than later.

Gods, I missed those annoying birds that chirped outside my window every morning.

The kind people I got to have and consider as family and the busy diner and its comforting atmosphere.
With Carter's grandpa and grandma, Stu and Matilda. The loud bubbly Miss Galahar and her kind self that was always willing to help others and be of assistance at any time.

But look at me.

The second that I thought I was getting the slightest taste of normalcy and tried to help a human being in need. I get kidnapped and shipped into another country.

My heart wasn't making this any easier for me to comprehend the... lustful feelings I was starting to gain for the triplets.

I didn't want it.

I never asked for it.

My heart and brain were a jumbled mess and fought like angry tidal waves over whom was to take control.
Complete chaos.

I dozed off with a yawn praying for whatever gods above to get me the hell out of this place before I lose my heart in the process of being these men's captive.