68

Sofia.

Half an hour later everything was ready. I set the table letting Lena finish serving the food up and sent Nikolai a text asking when they were coming back.

A pang of pain hit my chest when he didn't answer as instantly as he always did. Sofia you're too attached. I reprimanded myself for my lack of common sense.

He obviously had things to do outside of the house but I was still too worried and immensely clingy.

I set my phone down stepping into the kitchen as Lena placed everything on the counter pulling the fresh lemonade that I had made from the fridge.

"I'm going to fetch Nadei for lunch since Nial and Nikolai aren't here now, you can leave if you want. I'll see you tomorrow." I uttered turning around with a soft smile.

"Wait! Mrs. Alexeyev, h-he has visitors!" Lena shouted all of a sudden making halt mid step but I didn't bother correcting her knowing how I loved being called by their last name and how it made me feel. Reassured and important.

But hold the damned phone. Guests? Nadei as in M. Grumpy pants had guests over? He could barely keep up with Nikolai and I's bickering sometimes, much less have someone over.

And why didn't she tell me before?

I froze for a second debating whether I ask her who was with him. "Okay, thank you for telling me. Have a good day." I aimlessly waved adieu. Made my way up the stairs not caring to confront her or waste any more time.

Who was there with him? And since when did said guests arrive? It was weird enough that they weren't all home. Especially Nikolai. He hated leaving me alone at home.

Nadei and Nial were more reluctant in leaving to manage their businesses. The legal ones and the illegal ones as well.

My feet padded against the white marble flooring as I made my way to the green-eyed man in the study and my heart, suddenly, felt like it was diving from the highest tower at the muffled somewhat familiar whiney feminine voice as I reached the door.

Gods, please let me be wrong. It couldn't be her.

Nadei's gruff velvety voice made my heart clench with need. To see him. To touch him. To know that he was there.

Another tinkle of a laugh sounded and my heart squeezed with pain this time making my gut jerk with anxiety, my hands trembling as I curled my fingers around my thumb and pressed. The once effective and subduing technique not doing anything to erase my doubts and anxiety.

Unsure if I should keep my trap shut or say something. The longer I stayed quiet the worse I was making it hard to face. I bursted through the double doors and everything stopped around me as I saw her.

"My love?"

I ignored him completely, my eyes throwing the figurative daggers I wish I had to pierce through her. "What is she doing here?"

Her choice of clothing was still as immaculate as ever, a classy black tight skin dress hugging her skinny figure with elegance. Her make up done to perfection and I couldn't help but feel my lips curl in disgust at the amount of perfume she had on.

I was going to get anosmia if I stayed in the same room as her. Gods, did she take a damn shower in that horrid smell?

I met her obsidian eyes that shone with recognition, that sliver of contempt clear in them as she regarded me with scrutiny. Her overly thin lips crinkled as if I had interrupted her.

Bite me, bitch.

"Sofia. What a pleasure to see you again." We both knew she would rather see me six feet under if my analyzing skills at reading people were any good. I hated her and she hated me. Period.

"I wish I could say the same." I rolled my eyes, my nose crimping with disgust, "Perhaps you should lay low on the perfume, I thought I was going to die of suffocation."

Nadei's eyes twinkled with laughter as she glared at me.

Ohh, a raging bitch is on the loose. Run people.

"Nadei, what is she doing here?" I pressed watching out for her every movement.

I was done being nice.

Hot sizzling fury soared through my veins as she touched Nadei's arm from where she sat as if to capture his attention.

And if I could have a superpower right now. I'd shrink her excessively tall self and step on her like a fucking bug.

She was a damn viper. A snake. One that drugged you, impaling you with its venom before it slithered around your neck and came for the kill.

And she was there.

She fucking laughed at my misery, at my attempts in running away from them. She enjoyed having the upper hand as they hurt, beat, burnt and slashed me.

Gods, I hoped that she'd choke on a fly and die.

As if reading my thoughts she flipped her red hair to the side turning to Nadei for a second before she stood up with a nod his way.

"Nadei." He didn't look at her even as she said his name.

My hands curled into tight fists and I dared the cunt with my eyes to open her mouth again. She saw the challenge in my eyes and smirked but didn't say anything.

"She works for us." Was Nadei's curt answer and the woman smiled, pearly white teeth teasing my guts with how fake it looked. How she was taunting me with it. Cursing my lack of feigning indifference towards a lowly venomous snake as her.

"Right, very fucking helpful."

"Sofia," Nadei warned.

She kept staring at me and I stared back not daring to hold back the murderous intent.

"You." She turned to face Nadei, my nails digging into my palms pulling me back to earth as I resisted breaking her face in.

"Yes, sir," her flirtatious tone made a fit of scalding jealousy tingled in the depth of my soul entangling my sense of possessiveness with it.

"Leave. If I hear that you crossed a single part of this country again I will personally slit your throat and feed you to my dogs." He rumbled. Those green tourmaline eyes glinting with vicious intent.

Oh, Gods.

"B-but- I," her face reddened with embarrassment as he growled. "Out!"

She visibly paled at the look on Nadei's face and I would be lying if I said it didn't scare me as well.

With one last sour look cast at me, she strode out hopefully never coming back to our home.

I opened my mouth, my brows creasing with worry and skepticism as the door locked. "She's-" he cut me off.

"Malia Kane. Hunter's girlfriend. I'm aware, my love."

"But why was she here?" I wasn't feeling okay about this. Something was definitely happening if the look on her face said anything. "What the fuck is happening then? I don't get this. Isn't she our enemy's girlfriend?"

My hands shook as I tried to simmer my anger down.

I inquired, "Where the fuck are Nik and Nial?" I wanted them here. Something wasn't freaking right. I knew it. I felt it and my gut never failed me and this wasn't going to be the first time.

Nadei squinted his eyes as if to make a point and I pursed my lips at my choice of words.

"Watch your tone and come here."

I gritted my teeth and my legs moved on their own accord. I wobbled as I felt his eyes on my thighs digging holes into my skin.

He met my eyes with a blazing green gaze and I felt my desire resurface. Fuck, a look. That warning look made me wet. God, I was so gone for this man.

I stood before him.

Nadei gripped my small frame setting me on his desk to face him and my unhappy frown matched the one on his face.

"We need to talk."