52

Sofia.

Chaos ensued after the three words I muttered but Nial still held me as I cried till my eyes went dry, sore and red rimmed yet he kept rubbing my back soothingly. The backlash of the other two was far worse than expected.

My sniffing died down and I leaned into his huge form.

I couldn't be more grateful that he was being calm-- rational about this. I could feel the anger rolling off of him in frosted cold waves chilling me to the bone yet he was so, so gentle.

He held me in his arms as I broke down and he did nothing but make it better by just holding me in his embrace as if to shield me. Protect me and I loved the feeling of his arms around me.

The other two were seething, growls, angry shouts, and grunts of displeasure echoing through the closed space and the gloomy evil darkness surrounding them was almost, physically suffocating-- it was perilous.

And said anger was channeled towards the whole office that was trashed to pieces-- I could tell that they had some sort of an idea on how much of a monster Adrian was and his sons.

Nadei and Nikolai were burning up with evil intent. I could tell from the look in their eyes but it didn't faze me and it didn't scare me. If anything it made feel better in some kind of way. They were ready to burn the world for me at this moment and gods if it didn't succeed in making me fall harder.

I thought I'd be scared but I wasn't.

However, I needed them to calm down.

Yes, I was the one hurting, reminiscing, and getting tortured mentally by my brain yet I wanted nothing more than to tell them that I was alright-- now and here with them to seize this angry fit of theirs before they got hurt.

It was all in that past. My horrid past that wasn't worth dwelling on and I just wanted to let it off of my chest by telling them a part of it. I wanted to tell them that I was safe and that I wasn't going anywhere.

Not now that I had found somewhere and someone- someones in my case -- to be there for me when I needed them and hold me telling me that it was all going to be alright when things were hard.

And I would do the same for them.

We might've not started on the right foot and that was saying something but they never did anything that I was uncomfortable with or had forced me and hurt me in the process.

They were the opposite of what I thought they would be.

Nadei's foreign deeply accented and roared words shook me from my thoughts as I tensed in Brown eyes' arms."Я, БЛЯДЬ, ПОШУ ЕГО В ГЛУБИНЫ АДА ЗА ПОЛОЖЕНИЕ НА НЕЕ РУКИ!"
(

I WILL FUCKING SEND HIM TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL FOR LAYING HIS HANDS ON HER!)

I stilled frigidly not fully understanding what he was saying. The Russian classes I was taking were hard to say the least but informative even if I could barely form a comprehendable sentence.

"It's okay baby girl, he's just mad-" he kissed my cheek."We all are," he completed as I gripped his hand tighter in my own.

"ГРЕБНЫЙ УБЛЮДОК!" Nikolai sent a punch to the nearest wall beside him with a growl and my eyes widened in alarm.
(THE FUCKING BASTARD!)

Blood seeped from his cut knuckles at the rough hit as he clenched his fist. Turning to face us and leaning his head against the wall dragging his uninjured hand through his luscious blond locks. The defeated and hurt look on his face as his hazel eyes met my concerned ones made my heart clench in pain.

He looked like wounded puppy more than a grown man and the need to touch him, reassure him and love on him resurfaced.

I tapped Nial's hand that was around my waist signifying that I wanted to be let go and he let reluctantly move away as I moved towards Nikolai throwing a worried look to Nadei that was still rippling with apprehension and rage.

Kneeling in front of Nikolai and I inspected his wounded hand. His fingers shot out to hold my chin in a soft grip, his scarred left thumb stroked my cheek lovingly. Sweetly. Tenderly and I melted.

"Baby," I hummed kissing his cheek as I nuzzled his huge frame to me, "I promise you that I will make him pay for hurting you," his hands tightened around me pushing my face further into the crook of his neck.

"He's not worth it, they are not worth it," my whispered utterances only angered him more as he grunted tightening his grip on me.

"But he is, love. He is worth the trouble of being hunted down like an animal and shot like one," he met my eyes with bloodlust clear in his hazel orbs. "Hell is other people and we're going to be his version of it." His threatening words made a quiet gasp leave my mouth.

I thought of asking if they knew who he truly was as in his significance in the crime world but decided against it. They probably did know but I wasn't going to ask about it.

It might be better if they told me how they knew him.

"I'm okay, Amore-" I paused, my hand caressing his stubbled jaw softly tilting my forehead against his, "I truly am fine and karma will catch up to him one day."

A tear left my eye and he smiled mournfully as Nadei slumped on the sofa with Nial, clutching his head in his hands and letting out profanities.

"We're no different from you with having shitty parents and I know that this won't change anything-" he sighed "but I'm sorry you had to go through that," his voice broke with the amount of emotion laced in it.

And I felt my heart go overdrive at his words, pain, relief, confusion, admiration, and adoration all filling it as they caressed my skin like a soft summer breeze twirling their way into my whole being as it warmed me up.

"I'm sorry too," I whispered equally soft kissing his lips softly and giving him a teary smile as I grimaced at his bloodied hand. "But, we need to treat this. Do you have a kit?"

He nodded throwing Nial a nod.

"I'll get it-" Brown eyes hurriedly grabbed the first aid kit that he had in the adjacent bathroom handing it over to me, "Here it is, princess."

"Thank you."

I cleaned up Nikolai's cuts with alcohol softly. Not wanting to worsen his pain by pressing or dabbing too hard and he didn't even flinch once as I applied some disinfectant and warped his knuckles in gauze and a bandage securing them.

"You're all done," I kissed his palm.

Nikolai sighed. "Gods, love. You're so fucking adorable and kind," he kissed my crown giving me a crooked grin.

"I know, I know I'm amazing and all but I need to check on your brother," I grinned back, gliding my hand across his blond curly locks and he leaned into my touch nuzzling softly as I backed away wanting to check in on him.

I stood up and Nadei met me halfway picking me up and gripping me to him. I warped my arms around his neck helping him get his unsteady breathing in control as I rubbed his back.

He carried us to the sofa, sitting next to Nial that gave me a soft smile that I reciprocated and Tourmaline -Nadei-  made me snuggle into his warm chest.

Nikolai slumped on our side of the sofa and I clasped his and Brown eyes' hands in my smaller ones, leaning into Nadei furthermore seeking his warmth and affection. I didn't know if the tightness in his muscles was of anger or restraint.

So I held onto him like a lifeline and sat in silence. No words exchanged. Only actions that conveyed what thousands of words wouldn't be able to say were done.