13

Author's POV.

Peering at Sofia's sleeping figure curled up to his brother. Nial sighed out of relief and turned to Nikolai that was frowning, eyebrows furrowed and his eyes deep in thought. His lips pulled in a taut line.

"О чем ты думаешь, брат?" Nial inquired of his troubled brother.
(What are you thinking of, brother?)

Sighing defeatedly, Nikolai glanced briefly at his sibling muttering ruefully, his voice raw with sadness."Я-я сделал ей больно, но она простила меня, разве мы ее заслужили?"
(I-I hurt her, yet she forgave me. Do we even deserve her?)

Nial knew how much of an overthinker and how insecure Nikolai was but he didn't want to lie to him and sufficed with consoling him without truly answering his question.

It wasn't manipulation when it protected his feelings and sometimes avoiding problems was better than facing them.

"Она простила тебя. Так что не переусердствуйте. Мы уже дважды ошиблись, и нам нужно искупить свою вину, просто набраться терпения и быть тем, чего она заслуживает. Она теперь наша жизнь. Все, что мы делаем, должно быть идеальным." Nial softly patted his shoulder.
(She forgave you. Don't overthink it. We messed up twice now and we need to redeem ourselves and just be patient and be what she deserves. She's our life now. Everything we do needs to be perfect because she deserved the best.)

Slightly comforted by his brother's words, yet a bit apprehensive that Nial didn't address his main question.

Did they deserve her?

Nikolai sped through the busy road, the tiny droplets of rain colliding with the car's windshield compelling him to feel at peace, with the peaceful symphony of tip-taps it resounded against the thick, bulletproof glass.

He had always loved the rain. It made him feel good and not many things did that.

"We have to be patient with her, we can't rush her into loving us anymore. Love takes time," Nial added with a soft smile on his rugged face, assuring his brother.

Laughing at the absurdity of their situation with Sofia. Nikolai mocked chuckling, yet his eyes still emitted the guilt that he lingered within him. His whole aura felt off. His strature rigid as a damn rock.

"Love does take time but apparently, ours, doesn't. In this case."

Nial hearing his brother's comment glared at Nik playfully and said with a grimace, "I guess we're just built different as the Americans say."

Nikolai snorted at that.

The triplets were selfish and they knew it.

They wouldn't let Sofia go no matter how much she wants them to. They couldn't let her go. They don't want to let her go.

With the mansion coming into view, Nadei grumbled under his breath when Nial nudged him to wake up since the ride took about 4 hours to their home and he was still tired and recovering from his recent injuries.

"I'm awake, asshole. Stop fucking touching me," Nadei murmured tiredly, his head turning to the side.

"Up. Now." Nial's finger jabbed him in a sore spot on his knee. The motherfucker.

Nade hissed warning his brother to cut the childish act out as he held Sofia to his chest, she unconsciously snuggled into his warmth and let out a comfortable sigh, almost making the huge man purr as she made herself comfortable on him.