35

Author's POV.

While Sofia was lost in her thoughts scrubbing her skin in the bath to distract herself, those endless grief injected tears flowing down her cheeks.

The trio was in their study.

Nadei had his head buried in his hands trying to control the urge to break something, he has always been the temperamental one amongst his brothers.

He was the older brother with anger issues and a significant amount of trauma weighing his back. Nadei had tried to protect his younger brothers from the random and unnecessary beatings their father would inflict upon them.

Lucifer Idler Alexeyev lived up to his name as a successful businessman and a ruthless mafia leader yet he was pictured as the perfect husband and perfect father.

He thrived on power, money and territory.

And he wanted his sons to be the same in any way possible.

Meanwhile, Nikolai was overthinking everything, his thoughts were a complete mess, and his demons were catching up to him.

She would never accept this.

She would never want you.

She would never love you.

Those three sentences made him feel sorrowful, hopeless and mad-- so fucking mad at himself and his brothers for everything.

His father's words were creating havoc in his mind.

Nobody would ever want you nor any one of your stupid brothers, remember that.

Worthless brat.

A tear escaped his eye as he took a swig of his scotch painfully drinking his sorrows away.

Nial was trying to swamp himself at work. He tried to focus, and tried to distract himself without resolving to think about the situation any further.

He always was the seemingly kind nice one, he liked to take diplomatic approaches towards any problem they encountered but this has to do with what his heart wanted which was a different thing from what his brain asserted that he should do.

Letting Sofia go.

But he knew that if he suggested or merely indicated that said thing to his brothers they will definitely refuse and try to do things differently.

They were selfish.

He knew that but his selfishness was going to cost him and his brothers...Sofia and the possibility of her loving them so he shook his head knowing that he couldn't risk it.

He couldn't risk letting her go.

No one of them would.

-

Sofia.

I trudged out of the bathroom to the closet to get dressed comfortably and grab my phone seeing the new notifications that graced my face with a huge grin.

The mental breakdown I had long forgotten.

Unknown: YOU FUCKING HOE!

Unknown: I WAS SO SCARED.

Unknown: HEY! R U THERE?

Unknown: Sofia? Why aren't u answering??

The ten calls and numerous texts showed me how much I've missed Carter's flamboyantly-gay, caring and kind self-making me smile.

I pressed the call button as his loud voice came through the other line. A wave of homesickness hit me with a silent cry weaving its way through my lips.