Chapter 241: US Listening Post, Attu Island, North Pacific, 1960

US Listening Post aka 'Weather Station'

Attu Island

North Pacific

Between Alaska and Russia

1960

"Sir, its the CIA." A young recruit stared confused at the radio transmission he was listening to. "They're asking for a telephone call."

Ross turned in his chair. "What do they want?"

"Something about the volcano blast that we reported on in Kamchatka, sir?"

Ross nodded. "Doesn't surprise me. Patch him through."

There was a crackling pause.

Ross's desk phone began to ring. He braced himself for trouble from the nosey intelligence community. "Yes, sir?"

There was another pause.

"No updates on the volcano, sir," Ross confirmed. "Ash cloud has somewhat subsided. Northern lights have been pretty active though."

Mac spoke, his voice crackling across the line. "Do you remember Indiana Jones?"

Ross sat up suddenly. "Yes, sir! He saved my life during the Japanese Invasion of Attu."

"He and several of my agents are in Kamchatka. I need you to gather your best men and bring them to safety."

There was a sudden commotion.

A woman spoke. "Ross?"

"Ma'am!" He stammered. "Who are you?"

"I'm Indy's wife. I want my husband and daughter home."

Ross's memory flickered. "Marion! He spoke of you often! And... is... is the daughter the little girl you were expecting?"

"That's her. She's her daddy's girl. Goes with him on all his adventures." Ross could hear a smile from Marion.

"Yes ma'am. Indy and I spent five months running through Soviet Central Asia. Me, him and a kid who's probably grown like your daughter. I'll do my damnedest to bring them back to you! Even though none of this is legal..."

"Screw legalities, Ross," Marion declared.

"How many agents are there?" Ross asked. "I'll need to know for logistics."

Mac spoke from the background. "Four."

"Yes, sir! Yes, ma'am. Four agents coming home." He paused. "Should I update you about the mission?"

"No." Mac replied. "The less I hear of this fiasco the better."

Marion spoke. "If it helps - Em is single."

Ross grinned. "Extra incentive ma'am. On Attu there's as many women as there are trees."

"You're too far north for trees, Ross."

"I know, ma'am. That's why it'll be extra incentive for the boys."

"Em's not going to like that. She may punch you."

"At this rate - it'll be worth it, ma'am. Some of these guys haven't seen a tree in two years. Much less a pretty lady. I'll get things in motion."