Chapter 284: Kamchatka Wilderness, Soviet Union, 1960

Kamchatka Wilderness

Soviet Union

1960

Lizavet looked at Emily. "Do you still think he would prefer a son?"

"I don't know." Emily shrugged her shirt on over the new bandages. She stared over the horizon... catching sight of a familiar battered brown fedora just like hers, racing up the edge of the rise from the direction of the lake. "Lizavet... there aren't any tribes of natives that Dad would have made mad are there?"

Lizavet turned from the fire. "No. It is a sacred valley - no one lives here." She stood up in time to see Indy and Shorty running through the grass - terror on their faces, dust and ash flying off their clothes.

"Is this normal on your adventures?" Lizavet questioned.

"Reasonably so," Emily replied, pulling her pistol. "Is it just me, or do they run alike?"

"No. They do run similar. But Shorty's legs are too short to keep up with Papa." Lizavet smiled shyly. "Are you certain they are not father and son?"

"I think Shorty would be taller if he was my brother. And maybe have Dad's nose and jawline? At least the chin. Mom likes to grab Dad's chin to make sure he pays attention. It comes standard with being a Jones."

Lizavet gave a nod, measuring Emily's features in comparison to the two men racing toward them. "You are probably right. And you have your father's chin. It looks much cuter on you. And not scarred."

"Yeah. Dad hit it with a whip and sliced it open trying to fight off a lion."

Indy pointed behind him, yelling something.

"What is he saying?" Lizavet asked.

Emily lifted her binoculars.