Chapter 259: Kamchatka Wilderness, Soviet Union, 1960

Kamchatka Wilderness

Soviet Union

1960

"What did you do?" Shorty blurted to Indy, as the apkallu hoard backed off.

"Told the truth," Indy murmured. "Drew a line... like the boundary stone I punched at the museum." He paused, looking at the sword. "If we can't chop their ugly heads off, I figured the swords had to be good for something." Lizavet was still helpless and convulsing on the ground. "What do we do to help her?"

"We wait til the seizure is over," Shorty replied. "There's nothing else we can do."

The apkallu were silent... stunned, watching as the human family cared for each other, instead of destroying each other's and exploiting weaknesses.

Lizavet convulsed, her fingers spasming, digging into the ash, and then lay still.

"Is she...?" Indy was afraid to say the word 'dead.'

Shorty rolled Lizavet onto her side. "She'll be ok now."

Indy swallowed and released a tense breath. "Brave girl."

Lizavet blinked and met Indy's gaze.

"Hey hon..." Indy offered a tender lie. "Everything's gonna be all right."

Gibberish came out of Lizavet's mouth. She pointed at Indy and tried to say the same words again.

"You just had a seizure," Shorty explained, his hands out toward her, trying to hold and help. "I'm a little rusty on what all that means, but -"

"GET EMILY!" Lizavet shrilled pointing at Indy.