Chapter 4. Pre-Meet and greet

Seungcheol settled the hot mug of coffee on his table, his eyes glued to the text message that Hoshi had sent him.

"I have found the perfect husband for you, my boy!!"

Was this really happening? Was he really going to go through with this plan to secure the CEO position at the company? Seungcheol felt a pang of guilt in his chest as he thought about betraying his family and lying to them. But he quickly pushed those thoughts aside. The company belonged to him, not Mingyu.

"This better not be a joke," Seungcheol muttered to himself as he sank into his armchair and dialed Jihoon's number.

As he waited for his best friend and brother to answer, Seungcheol couldn't help but wonder if he was making the right decision. But he knew that he had to do whatever it takes to protect his family's legacy and secure their future. And if that meant pretending to be in a fake marriage, then so be it.

The buzzing sound on the phone stops abruptly when Jihoon picks up the call. "Hello?"

"What does Hoshi mean by that text, Ji?"

Seungcheol will strangle the small-eyed actor if he was messing around with him.

"Huh? What are you talking about--"

"The fake husband thing, Ji," Seungcheol groans inaudibly as he opens his laptop and switches it on.

"Ah yes, that one! Right, we did find someone," Jihoon's voice is a distinct mumble as Seungcheol's eyes stay focused on the article link his secretary had sent him.

"The youngest son of Choi Group seen at the Star Mall with a man who seems to be the love of his life, wishing them a happy love life."

--And to sprinkle salt in it, there is a photo attached below it.

Of-fucking-course!

His brother has to go out and show off his husband to the world and let the whole Seoul talk about how the youngest son of the Choi family is married and settled, while the oldest one is yet to be.

Seungcheol knows who the masked man is, Jeon Wonwoo, son of the CEO who owns a TV channel. Seungcheol knows it all, how suddenly Mingyu fell in love and got married to the supposed love of his life in just a span of three months.

For sure, Mingyu didn't plan all this to conquer the CEO position.

"Fucking bastard," Seungcheol grumbles under his breath as the phone slips down from the clutch of his shoulder and ear. Ah right, the call with Jihoon!

"Shit," Seungcheol grumbles as he reaches out to phone Jihoon again when he sees the text sent from the said lad.

"I will send you a photo of him afterwards and I will bring him to your office in the evening."