Chapter 35. Satin on you

Seungcheol and Jeonghan descended the stairs, joining the gathering in the hall. Mingyu and Wonwoo engaged in hushed conversations on the couch, Jihyun nonchalantly inspecting her nails while Sohee attempted to convey something, though Jihyun seemed indifferent. Chan, having just descended with Seungcheol and Jeonghan, positioned himself in the middle, while Seungkwan and Vernon stood by the door, side by side.

Jeonghan's gaze swept the room in search of Hyori, but she and grandma were conspicuously absent. "They get their dresses delivered home," Seungcheol explained. "Since grandma can't accompany us to the store, Mom contacts the home, providing clothing details, and the dresses are delivered here." Jeonghan nodded, a realization dawning on him.

"Let's go," Mingyu called out, rising from the couch, seemingly unfazed by Wonwoo's disapproving glare. He threw a smile in Jeonghan's direction, reciprocated with a hesitant one.

The group swiftly moved, dividing into cars. Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Chan, and Sohee occupied one vehicle, while the rest settled into another.

"Come on, let's go," Seungcheol urged, initiating the engine with a roar. Jeonghan, Chan, and Sohee secured their seatbelts, and the car smoothly set into motion, embarking on the journey.

"We've arrived," Seungcheol informed, skillfully parking the car in the shop's lot. Chan and Sohee disembarked first, prompting Jeonghan to reach for his seatbelt when Seungcheol leaned in. "Let me help you," he whispered, fingers adeptly undoing the seatbelt.

"Thanks—" Jeonghan's words hung in the air as Seungcheol's lips met his, a brief yet intense peck.

"Let's get down," Seungcheol suggested, pulling away to maintain discretion from Chan and Sohee. Jeonghan, flushed from the unexpected intimacy, grabbed his purse and exited the car.

Surveying the shop's exterior, Jeonghan admired the large building adorned with glass, proudly displaying the name of a clothing brand. Moving forward, he noticed Chan and Sohee already heading inside, joined by Mingyu and the others who had arrived earlier.

"Shall we?" Jeonghan felt Seungcheol's fingers intertwining with his own, the older man looking at him inquisitively.

"Yes," Jeonghan muttered, beginning to walk into the shop alongside Seungcheol, who flashed him a reassuring smile as they entered.

The colossal entrance of the store ushers Jeonghan into a realm of opulence, its sheer grandeur leaving him awestruck. The vast expanse of the shop wraps around him like a lavish embrace, its very air exuding an aura of extravagance. His eyes are immediately captivated by meticulously arranged mannequins, each adorned in garments that appear to transcend the very essence of his existence.

As he gracefully navigates through this palace of luxury, Jeonghan's gaze dances with admiration, reflecting the glint of fascination that sparkles in his eyes. The opulent surroundings, filled with shimmering treasures, paint a vivid portrait of affluence, resonating with a palpable declaration of wealth that permeates the sumptuous atmosphere.

"Welcome, Mrs. Kim!" Jeonghan's gaze fixates on the duo. The first woman, in her knee-length dress, effortlessly combines hues of pink and black. Her petite figure glides toward Jihyun with a sense of urgency, a genuine warmth illuminating her face. A ponytail secures her hair, and as she smiles, her cheeks take on a charming bread-shaped flush.

In stark contrast, the second woman stands tall, her black suit demanding attention and projecting an air of authority. Shoulder-length hair frames her face, adding to the overall impression of dominance. Adorning her left hand is a proud display of a Rolex watch. Marching forward with purpose, iPad in hand, she radiates confidence that harmonizes with the diverse personalities converging in this moment of greeting.