Chapter 14. Familiar place

Seungcheol and Jeonghan stood before Seungcheol's old room, located on the left side and towards the end of the hallway. Jeonghan gazed at the door in awe as Seungcheol retrieved a set of keys from the nearby drawer and opened it.

"Your house is absolutely stunning," Jeonghan remarked, his fingertips gently grazing the smooth surface of the wooden door. He sighed, admiring the well-furnished appearance.

Seungcheol inserted the key into the lock, and the door swung open. To his lack of surprise, he found his old belongings still neatly arranged inside the room. Seungcheol entered, with Jeonghan following suit. The room remained clean and tidy, as if someone had been living there every day. "It's been cleaned?" Jeonghan exclaimed, taken aback by the room's pristine condition.

"Yes, the staff here clean it daily, regardless of whether it's occupied or not," Seungcheol explained, making his way to the couch and casually tossing his jacket aside. Jeonghan placed his bag on the edge of the bed and began exploring the room. The design showcased a blend of black and olive green, a choice that resonated with Seungcheol's taste. In the center of the room, there was a spacious three-person bed, accompanied by a cozy seating area at the foot. On the left side, a long connected closet provided ample space for three people's clothing, complemented by a large wall-mounted mirror opposite it.

"Why was your room designed as if it were meant for three people to live in?" Jeonghan inquired, his curiosity piqued as he picked up an empty frame placed on the bedside table.

Seungcheol's voice turned cold, and he paused for a moment, his mind flooded with memories. He clenched his fist, his gaze fixed on the floor beneath him. "It was indeed designed for three people," he finally replied, his tone distant. Sensing the change in atmosphere, Jeonghan let the matter rest and walked towards the glass sliding door.

The balcony connected to it was quite roomfull, filled with all type of small plants that looks freshly watered. "This is insane," Jeonghan chuckled as he approached the railing and observed the back side of the mansion. The ground below was connected to a spacious golf course behind it, wide and expansive.

"Chan! Get back here!" Jeonghan sharply turns his head downward, his eyes fixated on the scene unfolding before him. A younger man, likely in his twenties, sprints across the ground, chasing after another man who appears to be around the same age. The running man's chestnut hair flows behind him as he dons a brown jacket, black pants, and a pair of sleek sneakers.

"No, it's mine!" The man with black hair shouts defiantly, his voice echoing through the air as he disappears into the left side of the grand mansion, swiftly turning the corner. Both figures vanish from sight, leaving Jeonghan to shake his head in amusement at the playful chase.

Returning to the room, Jeonghan hears the soothing sound of water cascading from the shower, indicating that Seungcheol is indulging in a relaxing bath.

Jeonghan gracefully moves towards his luggage, a sense of urgency compelling him to swiftly unpack. Although he despises the tedious task of packing, he cannot bear to have his belongings confined within the confines of a suitcase for an extended period. He craves the comfort of having his cherished possessions within his sight as soon as possible.

"Okay, let's get you all settled now," Jeonghan mumbled, deftly grabbing the hangers of his clothes and carefully arranging them in the closet. After organizing his own wardrobe, Jeonghan opened the next closet and was pleasantly surprised to find Seungcheol's clothes neatly stacked. A small smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he imagined Seungcheol arranging his closet with a robotic expression on his face.

Chuckling softly, Jeonghan closed the closet and turned around, only to be startled by the sight of Seungcheol standing right in front of him, clad in a robe.

"Geez!" he squeaked, his heart racing. "Holy fuck, you scared me!" Jeonghan exclaimed, his breath coming in heavy gasps as he playfully hit Seungcheol's chest.

"Ow," Seungcheol whined, clutching his chest. "Why would you hit me so hard?" he groaned, rubbing the sore spot. Unamused, Jeonghan rolled his eyes at Seungcheol. "Why did you appear behind me like a ghost, then?" he questioned, taking a step closer to Seungcheol, who gulped nervously.

"I was just watching what you were doing in my closet. What were you even doing?" Seungcheol deflected, trying to turn the situation in his favor.

"Oh, well, I was checking to see if my husband had unpacked yet, so that I could help him... unpack," Jeonghan whispered, stepping even closer to Seungcheol. He wrapped his arms around Seungcheol's neck, a teasing smile playing on his lips as he gazed into his eyes.

Seungcheol squirmed under Jeonghan's arms, his eyes darting nervously. His entire body felt as if it were on fire as he swallowed hard.

Oh, his hands are so soft---Seungcheol thought to himself, unable to resist the temptation.

"G-get off," Seungcheol stammered, caught off guard by Jeonghan's touch.

"Hyung--Oh, shit! Sorry, hyung," a sudden voice interrupted, causing Jeonghan to quickly retract his hand. Seungcheol turned towards the door, and Jeonghan swiftly moved behind him, making a beeline for the bathroom to freshen up. Glancing back at the door, he noticed the same black-haired male standing there, his back turned to Seungcheol.

"Chan?" Seungcheol called out to his little brother, who turned around and ran towards him with open arms. "Hyung!" Chan exclaimed in happiness, embracing Seungcheol tightly, causing the older man to groan in response, but returning the hug nonetheless.

"You're back!" Chan exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement, as he tightly gripped onto Seungcheol's well-defined biceps. A warm smile adorned Seungcheol's face as he looked at Chan, his eyes reflecting genuine happiness.

"Yes, how have you been?" Seungcheol inquired, his tone filled with curiosity, as he playfully ruffled Chan's hair. His touch was gentle yet firm, conveying a sense of affection. Chan nodded, his smile growing even wider, radiating contentment.

"I'm doing well, how about you and who's that?" Chan asked, his voice filled with genuine concern, as he playfully glanced towards the bathroom where Jeonghan was. His eyes sparkled mischievously, hinting at the playful banter that often occurred between the two of them.

Seungcheol's gaze shifts towards the closed bathroom door, his thoughts racing as he recalls the reason for Jeonghan's presence.

This is the moment, Seungcheol. It's time to put your plan into action!

"That's my beloved husband, Choi Jeonghan," he declares with pride.

-----

-Vaish

In happiness of the return of Seungcheol and Jeonghan back to seventeen after their hiatus! Here is an update (third update of the day) 😀