Chapter 44. Unconditional

Seungcheol's gaze lingered on Jeonghan, the rain pouring down on him, droplets tracing intricate paths down his face, accentuating his slightly reddened, swollen lips. Each flutter of his lashes seemed to echo the beating of Seungcheol's heart as their eyes met.

"Yes, I love you, Jeonghan. I'm so deeply entrenched in it that I can't imagine my life without you. You're my sole reason to live now. I don't care about anything else but you. The way you're just so astonishing takes my breath away every time I look at you, and I fear you'll never feel the same about me..." Seungcheol's voice trailed into a whisper as he withdrew his hands from Jeonghan's cheeks, his gaze shifting downward, unable to bear the intensity of their connection.

Jeonghan remained silent, a silent witness to the cascade of emotions swirling between them. He watched as the rainwater glistened down Seungcheol's bangs, disappearing into the collar of his shirt, while his Adam's apple bobbed with each word, sending tiny rivulets of water cascading down his chin. The intensity in his eyes and the fullness of his lips seemed to magnify under the moonlit sky.

"And it terrifies me that soon everything will end, and you'll walk away from me. I can't handle that, Jeonghan. I don't want you to leave me. In fact, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. But I also don't want to force you to feel the same. However, the thought of you being with someone else pains me so much that it makes me want to end it all."

Seungcheol's breath was heavy, his chest rising and falling with each labored breath, as he struggled to contain the storm of emotions raging within him. He lifted his gaze once more, meeting Jeonghan's unwavering stare, his heart laid bare before him. The moonlight cast a soft glow upon their faces, illuminating the depth of Seungcheol's yearning, as he longed to shield Jeonghan from the harshness of the world and hold him close for eternity.

"You've become my everything, Hannie, and the mere thought of anything contrary to that terrifies me. It feels like a nightmare to even imagine a day without you," Seungcheol uttered, his voice a fervent plea, as he poured his soul out to the man who held his heart in his hands.

"Cheol..." The word slipped from Jeonghan's lips like a gentle breeze, barely audible over the patter of raindrops. He took a step closer to Seungcheol, his movements slow and deliberate, as if each step carried the weight of their uncertain future.

Seungcheol's gaze remained locked on Jeonghan's eyes, refusing to waver, for fear that if he looked away, he might lose sight of the one person who held his heart in their hands.

"You don't have to be afraid, Seungcheol," Jeonghan whispered softly, his voice a soothing melody amidst the cacophony of rain. With gentle hands, he reached up to cup Seungcheol's face, his touch warm against the coolness of the rain-soaked skin. Tenderly, he brushed away the droplets that adorned Seungcheol's face, a gesture filled with both reassurance and affection.

"I won't leave you, and I will never leave you," Jeonghan continued, his words a vow spoken from the depths of his heart. Each syllable carried the weight of his unwavering commitment, a promise forged in the midst of uncertainty. "I want to stay with you forever, and that's the only thing that matters to me now."

As he spoke, Jeonghan's eyes bore into Seungcheol's, their depths reflecting a steadfast determination and a love that knew no bounds. In that moment, amidst the rain and the darkness, their connection burned bright like a beacon of hope, illuminating the path forward with the promise of a future filled with love and devotion.

"I don't know when it happened, but it did," Seungcheol's voice trembled with emotion, his words a tender confession amidst the gentle patter of raindrops. "Maybe it was when we shared our first kiss... or perhaps it was when I helped you with the pottery, my hands guiding yours with such care and patience."