Chapter 11. Moments to count

Jeonghan stole a quick glance at Seungcheol, who was sitting in the driver's seat with one hand on the steering wheel and the other resting on the window. They had just finished shopping for rings and were now on their way back home. Jeonghan was heading back to Jihoon and Hoshi, while Seungcheol was probably heading home as well.

"Hey," Jeonghan called out, trying to get Seungcheol's attention. Seungcheol turned to look at him, prompting Jeonghan to ask, "Do you have a significant other? Besides me, of course. Even though our relationship is fake, you know what I mean." Seungcheol glanced at Jeonghan, shaking his head in response.

"No, why do you ask?" Seungcheol replied, his focus back on the road. Jeonghan shrugged, mumbling, "Just curious," loud enough for Seungcheol to hear. Seungcheol nodded, choosing not to delve further into the topic as he concentrated on driving.

The sudden ringing of Jeonghan's phone caught him off guard, and he fumbled to retrieve it from his purse. A smile lit up his face when he saw that it was his dad video calling him. Jeonghan giggled as he answered the call, causing Seungcheol's fingers to tighten on the steering wheel as his attention unintentionally shifted towards Jeonghan.

"Hi, dad!" Jeonghan greeted enthusiastically, propping the phone up on the car's dashboard with his purse. Seungcheol stole a glance at the screen, seeing a middle-aged man of around 45 years old, his face close up as he chatted with Jeonghan.

"Hi, my baby!" Jeonghan's dad exclaimed, mirroring his son's energy. Jeonghan chuckled and waved excitedly, making Seungcheol's heart flutter at the sight. He quickly pushed away those feelings, reminding himself to focus on the road ahead.

"How are you doing? And where is mother?" Jeonghan inquired, his full attention on his dad across the screen. "She's caught up with some tedious case again. Forget about her for now. How about you? Whose car are you sitting in? Your sugar daddy's?--"

"Dad!" Jeonghan interrupted, bringing the phone closer to himself and glancing at Seungcheol, who was staring at him with wide eyes.

Oh, he definitely heard that.

"It's just my friend's car, Dad. He's not my sugar daddy or anything. And why would you even think that?" Jeonghan made a disgusted face, causing his father to chuckle.

"I mean, why not? Men in Korea age like fine wine. The older they get, the more attractive they become," his father replied, and Seungcheol felt his jaw almost drop in surprise. No wonder Jeonghan was so flirty and carefree; it must run in the family.

"Well, it's just my friend. Here, look," Jeonghan said, shoving the phone in Seungcheol's direction. Seungcheol panicked, trying to decide whether to focus on the call or the car.

"Say hello, sir," Jeonghan instructed, and Seungcheol stuttered a greeting, bowing his head out of habit.

"Hello, handsome," Jeonghan's father hooted, waving his hand. Seungcheol smiled awkwardly, waving back while keeping one hand on the steering wheel to avoid crashing the car.

"Your friend is quite attractive, Jeonghan!" Jeonghan's father exclaimed, and Jeonghan laughed, taking the phone back from Seungcheol.

"I agree," Jeonghan said, and the conversation continued as if Seungcheol didn't exist. How were they so relaxed and carefree?

"I'll call you again once I reach home okay?" Jeonghan says ending the call with his dad as they soon pull infront of the lobby of hoshi's place.

"Are you coming in?" Jeonghan questions getting down the car as he looks at Seungcheol once again. "No, I need to go home and tell Jihoon and hoshi I said hi" Seungcheol says as he turns the engine on once again.