Chapter 8. Coffee and Backstory

"Thank you. Please visit again," Seungcheol nods, shooting a grateful smile as he retrieved his black card from the receptionist. Jeonghan had bought quite a handful of clothes, around 10 pairs to be exact.

A few minutes ago, Taehyung had left them to attend to other matters, and Seungcheol was more than happy to bid him farewell. The shop boy grabbed the trolley containing all the clothes, while Seungcheol turned his head to see Jeonghan standing by the gate. Jeonghan's hands were occupied, one holding his cherry purse and the other clutching an americano.

"Please keep this in the car outside," Seungcheol instructed the shop boy, who nodded and went to carry out the task. Seungcheol then approached Jeonghan, who seemed unfazed as he continued to sip his coffee.

"Are you planning to leave or are you going to stay here?" Seungcheol asked, annoyed, as he tapped his foot impatiently. Jeonghan turned towards him innocently, fluttering his eyes in Seungcheol's direction.

"Are we leaving?" Jeonghan asked, feigning innocence. "Let's go."

The couple soon finds themselves infront of the kwon couple's house. Jeonghan gets down first followed by Seungcheol who requested the watchman to help him out with the clothes.

The couple soon finds themselves in front of the Kwon couple's house. Jeonghan gets down first, followed by Seungcheol, who requests the watchman's help with the clothes.

Jeonghan rushes inside the house to find Jihoon chilling on the couch with his laptop in front of him, writing something on the paper beside it.

"I'm home!" Jeonghan says as he slumps beside Jihoon, who grunts but pats his thighs to welcome him. "Did you come alone? Where is Seung--"

Jihoon stops talking when Jeonghan points at the door and he spots Seungcheol walking in with his hands full of shopping bags.

"Hello to you too, Ji," Seungcheol says as he drops the bag on the couch and slumps beside them, groaning heavily.

"How was your day?" Jihoon questions as he closes his laptop.

"Fabulous!"

"Horrible--" Jeonghan glares at Seungcheol.

"Of course fabulous for you, all you did was wear these clothes and look pretty--" Seungcheol stops himself as he gulps and clears his throat.

Pretty? Seriously?

"Oh, so you did find me pretty~" Jeonghan coos as he nears Seungcheol and ruffles his hair, messing it up. "Ugh, stay away," Seungcheol says as he pushes Jeonghan's hands away from his hair.

"I'm going to change," Jeonghan says as he leaves the room for the two best friends. Seungcheol tries to avert his gaze from Jeonghan's back when the lean beauty walks away to his room, with his hips swaying in the process.

"Stop staring at his ass."

"I'm not!"

----

After 15 minutes, Jeonghan finally arrives, but he is no longer dressed in his chic clothes. Instead, he is wearing a comfortable pair of pajamas and has a baby blue nail paint with him. The maid enters the room, carrying a tray of snacks and coffee, which she places on the table. Jeonghan settles himself on the couch, cradling a cup of coffee in his hand.

Seungcheol leans forward to grab his own cup of coffee and then passes another one to Jihoon. As Jihoon takes a sip of the hot beverage, he clicks his tongue in satisfaction.

"Alright, let's talk about the backstory," Jihoon begins, his voice laced with intrigue. He takes another sip of the coffee, relishing its warmth.